Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasco, WA (LIVE 20 Apr 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They don't all go this way? This is the first time I've seen one being installed. Pretty slow process
Progress is usually decent (similar) but not with all the failed inspections. You can look on LNI and see other Tesla sites from permit to final to compare.

Blackstone is usually the company that does WA and OR installs and they seem to be much quicker.

Can someone do a drive by to see if any progress has been made physically? Site passed inspection, finally!

1680152110421.png

Status: waiting on transformer. Two weeks according to worker on-site. No new lines, just faded old lines. This installation is FUed. They left 5-6ft (unusable) between the Tesla equipment and the 1st stall. See pictures. So they put the stalls together too tight and left extra unusable space on either end. Crazy. Post still damaged. If I was the Tesla PM, I would tell them to tear it out, paid for by the contractor, and install it correctly. Edit: Also, the pedestals are between the stalls instead of behind the curb, which consumes about 6” width per stall. Furthermore, this section of the lot is used as a traffic thoroughfare. When all these factors combine, this is a very dangerous SC, that I won’t be using. Sorry Tesla, 1500 installations and what have you learned?
DF3FD436-7671-4187-8D3A-872EB0331435.jpeg
566A41A5-D052-48C7-B9D0-38785E37EC7D.jpeg
6D928B53-3447-4C2E-AAC4-9FD2FA6BB3DF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status: waiting on transformer. Two weeks according to worker on-site. No new lines, just faded old lines. This installation is FUed. They left 5-6ft (unusable) between the Tesla equipment and the 1st stall. See pictures. So they put the stalls together too tight and left extra unusable space on either end. Crazy. Post still damaged. If I was the Tesla PM, I would tell them to tear it out, paid for by the contractor, and install it correctly. Edit: Also, the pedestals are between the stalls instead of behind the curb, which consumes about 6” width per stall. Furthermore, this section of the lot is used as a traffic thoroughfare. When all these factors combine, this is a very dangerous SC, that I won’t be using. Sorry Tesla, 1500 installations and what have you learned?
View attachment 923473View attachment 923474View attachment 923475

Oh my.

Well, it wouldn't be the first site to get completely torn apart after initial installation... :)

Edit: After reflection, this supercharger is clearly specially designed for Tesla's next, as yet unannounced, extra-narrow vehicle, the Model ½!!
1680287052298.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 923473View attachment 923474View attachment 923475
Thank you for the thorough pictures and visiting the site.

The installation is exactly to plan, there is no reason for a PM to request it be torn out. It may be a bit odd TO YOU but it is not “FUed” as you so eloquently put. Get a tape measure and see if something doesn’t match these plans. If you find something that doesn’t match, then you can say something is wrong with this site.

Tesla was not able to install any of their equipment in the 10ft utility and irrigation easement and property line setback so the charge posts need to be in the parking stalls. This is not a first as I have previously pointed out in this thread and none of those sites are “dangerous”. As you can see in the plans the stall closest to the equipment will be the “widest” because the charge post won’t be on the line.

If you still feel the need to complain, the site designer is listed on the plans so you can always call/email to ask “what have you learned“ and why did you design the site this way to the person person who actually designed the site instead of condemning it before it is even operational.

1680363162850.png

Thank you for the thorough pictures and visiting the site.

The installation is exactly to plan, there is no reason for a PM to request it be torn out. It may be a bit odd TO YOU but it is not “FUed” as you so eloquently put. Get a tape measure and see if something doesn’t match these plans. If you find something that doesn’t match, then you can say something is wrong with this site.

Tesla was not able to install any of their equipment in the 10ft utility and irrigation easement and property line setback so the charge posts need to be in the parking stalls. This is not a first as I have previously pointed out in this thread and none of those sites are “dangerous”. As you can see in the plans the stall closest to the equipment will be the “widest” because the charge post won’t be on the line.

If you still feel the need to complain, the site designer is listed on the plans so you can always call/email to ask “what have you learned“ and why did you design the site this way to the person person who actually designed the site instead of condemning it before it is even operational.

View attachment 923804
Thanks for that explanation. I did not review the plan, so my comments were unfortunately harsh, based solely on perceived user experience/expectations. Pulling out, takes extra effort/time to avoid hitting either stall, backing in is similar. During my parking attempts, I inconvenienced (slowed down) two drivers who were using the “through way”. I’m very conscientious about that because most people aren’t expecting back-in parking. I still think this is one of the highest risk SC sites I’ve been to (out of 150 I’ve used). For this reason, I won’t be using this site even though I like to shop at Yokes.

Thanks for that explanation. I did not review the plan, so my comments were unfortunately harsh, based solely on perceived user experience/expectations. Pulling out, takes extra effort/time to avoid hitting either stall, backing in is similar. During my parking attempts, I inconvenienced (slowed down) two drivers who were using the “through way”. I’m very conscientious about that because most people aren’t expecting back-in parking. I still think this is one of the highest risk SC sites I’ve been to (out of 150 I’ve used). For this reason, I won’t be using this site even though I like to shop at Yokes.
I too felt the stalls were very tight. I too was blasted for saying so lol.

The no parking space close to the equipment must be a safety concern (opening car doors and equipment doors not hitting each other) otherwise it would seem like slightly enlarging the width of each stall given the room available would make sense.

I am not trying to blast anyone, just pointing out (as you have also done) that Tesla has put in 10s of thousands of SC stations around the world so they know what they are doing and they wouldn’t allow a contractor to not follow plans (nor would the building inspectors). There are rules for parking spot minimum width and also for number of spots so in doing this site they may not have had the luxury of expanding width due to the existing island and angled end corner. For example, here is a similar back in design with posts on the stall lines coming to Vacaville, CA where the width is 10’ 4”. 2’ 4” extra width per stall. They are turning 14 existing stalls into 12 by removing and island but also adding extra width ADA stalls. If they had this room at Pasco, they would have done it.
1680374705935.png

Reactions: Byron Dusky
Not that I noticed with lighting, unfortunately not driving Tesla today! This just happens to be an easy side trip on the way home from work. As mentioned by some others this is a surprisingly busy thoroughfare on the side of Yokes- backing in will be a pain.

Ran by to check meter and posts…no joy, everything is dark. Backed in to check it out…. Not a fan of this stall arrangement, careful opening doors folks.

Reactions: Byron Dusky