Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Confirms that the FSD sneak peak is for car with HW3 only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this clip on reddit with Eli Burton and Alex Guberman. Eli says that he has a friend in EA who got the FSD sneak preview. He describes it as "street level autopilot" and says it will "blow people's minds" in a couple weeks when videos come out.

FSD Sneak Preview is gonna " to blow people minds" - Reddit

It is second hand hearsay so who knows. But if true, it sounds like the FSD sneak preview could be AP3 specific code for the "automatic city driving" feature.

Elon already said it's HW3-exclusive.

@diplomat33
It's being reported on Tesla's forum that one of the "sneak peek" items is BSM.... If that's FSD, then all my ICE cars from 2000 up also have FSD features... What's next for Tesla FSD, Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)?! :rolleyes:

BSM is first FSD feature | Tesla

Don't get me wrong, I want the new BSM capability as I felt this was an obvious omission, as is RCTA

If you actually pay attention to what you linked to you would see that is from October of 2018 and it is a feature that was made available back then. So, no that doesn't have anything to do with the release that is planned for this week.

• Helpful
Reactions: McFlurri and jebinc
I am very happy and sad at the same time. Sad that as an early adopter who paid 80K more for a vehicle that sells for now and purchased FSD. Knowing I'm going to be sitting on the bench watching others play the game I started years before them.

I am however overly happy to see what the future holds for all of us. . In canada I dont expect any of us will see any of these releases for months anyways.

Seeing other adults playing with their adult toys will bring me joy... It always does

I'm lucky enough to have HW3. I literally strolled onto the lot in April of 2019 and bought whatever they had there. I knew NOTHING about HW2 or HW3 or anything - just got lucky.

Tesla needs to provide a detailed r
I am very happy and sad at the same time. Sad that as an early adopter who paid 80K more for a vehicle that sells for now and purchased FSD. Knowing I'm going to be sitting on the bench watching others play the game I started years before them.

I am however overly happy to see what the future holds for all of us. . In canada I dont expect any of us will see any of these releases for months anyways.

Seeing other adults playing with their adult toys will bring me joy... It always does
Well said. Being an early adopter can be so painful sometimes!!

Reactions: BBone
If you believe everything they say, it has been running in "shadow mode" for years now without requiring any "sneak previews".

Huh? We know exactly how AutoPilot has been operating in shadow mode... there’s nothing to “believe” here, with the right setup you can dump the data from the car and see that it most definitely operates AP in shadow mode whenever you’re driving (and not in AP), and that they collect training data and labels using this to improve the system.