Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Confirms that the FSD sneak peak is for car with HW3 only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree that it is nothing to freak about if you don't have AP3 yet.

Yes, the FSD sneak preview is just FSD visualizations. But I suspect that actual "automatic city driving" is coming soon after the FSD sneak preview. The fact that 2 people say that "city level autopilot" is coming to EA AP3 before end of this year, makes me think that something more is coming after the FSD sneak preview.
I agree with you. I think it's just a matter of time before we start seeing some YT videos from EAP owners showing off the new FSD features.

I'd imagine we are still likely 3+ months out from seeing it roll out to non-EAP owners though.

Do you have the text for camp mode? We already have a "camp mode" under keep climate on, basically. Does this improve efficiency of HVAC in camp mode and can we control it too? - "keep climate on" is basically turn Auto HVAC ON and I don't like that, I want manual control?

Camp mode : "Your car can now maintain airflow, temperature, interior lighting, as well as play music, and power devices when Camp Mode is enabled. To enable Camp Mode, tap the fan icon at the bottom of the touchscreen and set Keep Climate On to CAMP while your car is in PARK.”

Reactions: PoitNarf
As promised

Attachments

• 71CB9910-B57F-4EA7-961D-CB3185EABDCC.jpeg
    71CB9910-B57F-4EA7-961D-CB3185EABDCC.jpeg
    483.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 3F8CE1FA-003F-46AE-B049-522E6D971359.jpeg
    3F8CE1FA-003F-46AE-B049-522E6D971359.jpeg
    911.2 KB · Views: 79
  • A1A29499-7088-4D7A-B369-067A79B9A780.jpeg
    A1A29499-7088-4D7A-B369-067A79B9A780.jpeg
    662.6 KB · Views: 86
The developers might have offered them for free or at a significant discount to try to expand their base to include those people/families who can afford a Tesla(or 2).

Video games are a want and not exactly a necessity of life. I think individuals who choose to buy games instead of put food on the table for their children is a different issue on it's own. Tesla charging for video games will create revenue for future development.

Last edited:
I don't care about being first, but, I would like to get FSD features before I reach 35k plus on the car. Which isn't likely :(

I think it's understandable to give FSD to cars that have hardware 3 already. That just means it will be more mature by the time we get our upgrades. So long as we get them in a reasonable amount of time anyways.

Keep drinking the Koolaid, my friend. :p If you actually listen to what Karpathy said at the investor event, it's pretty obvious how limited this so-called shadow mode really is. In any case, even you will probably agree that deploying some more visualizations on customer cars does nothing to further FSD development ...

Visualisation only covering up the fact they missed the FSD on city streets timeline. And looks like it has worked.... Everyone seems overly happy to have a little stop sign show up on their screen.

Visualisation only covering up the fact they missed the FSD on city streets timeline. And looks like it has worked....
I have a feeling many people here haven't followed the tale of Tesla FSD long enough to understand this. The fact is that not a single one of their FSD promises has materialized. In 2016 they said that HW2 was level-5 capable and that you'd be able to summon your car from across the continent. In 2017 FSD was supposed to finally add additional features beyond Autopilot. Right now FSD was supposed to be "feature complete" level 5 self-driving ...

It's a bit of shame really. The cars are great as it is, there is no need for dubious marketing tactics like this.

Camp mode : "Your car can now maintain airflow, temperature, interior lighting, as well as play music, and power devices when Camp Mode is enabled. To enable Camp Mode, tap the fan icon at the bottom of the touchscreen and set Keep Climate On to CAMP while your car is in PARK.”
This sounds like it would work well for drive-in movies.

This sounds like it would work well for drive-in movies.
I actually don't understand what this mode does, that you can't do already?!
If you are inside the car and do not close it and sit in the front seat - everything you just quoted - you can do.

If you actually want to sleep in the back seat - you can still do all of this stuff. You can keep the climate on (only in automatic, you can keep the lighting and play music)

I have zero idea what this mode should bring, that we don't already have?

Reactions: Pkmmte
If you are inside the car and do not close it and sit in the front seat - everything you just quoted - you can do.

If you actually want to sleep in the back seat - you can still do all of this stuff. You can keep the climate on (only in automatic, you can keep the lighting and play music)

You can't currently do these things because the climate control turns itself off in about 30 minutes.

Keeps power ports on (think fridge or blender for drinks :) ) as well as the sound system. I've been to the drive-in-theater and tried several tricks but I've had the sound system shut down.

NOT cool when you start the car up and the headlights reset to auto-ON again and you are now shining your lights on the screen!!

P3X4Y9e.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
What does disruption actually look like?
I think reading this thread - (9 pages so far in Sat 11am- Mon 11am about 48 hours) will give you some idea.
AND this is only FSD part.

You could consider SpaceX Falcon, Falcon 9, Falcon Heavy ... StarLink and StarShip just getting started
Model S/X, Model 3/Y, GigaFactories (batteries, solar, solar roof, China <1year to build and Berlin in planning stage)
Energy storage seems to have ended Natural Gas Peaker Plants - PowerPacks one of the solutions - islands stop using diesel gen sets.
And just some "hobby ideas being developed" - Boring Company, Open AI, HyperLoop

Insights into how Elon approaches business problems - note buy or build decisions, employee development, innovation
(I think gets to systemic reasons our US Empire is crumbling - and Elon is one of the few fighting the trend)
note comments marketing department, advertising department, product design and Cybertruck - November 2019.
You really will learn and get many ideas from this excellent interview.

Keeps power ports on (think fridge or blender for drinks :) ) as well as the sound system. I've been to the drive-in-theater and tried several tricks but I've had the sound system shut down.

NOT cool when you start the car up and the headlights reset to auto-ON again and you are now shining your lights on the screen!!
Are we talking Model 3? Because on the Model 3, as long as you press P you can do all the things you quoted. Everything is on. Even if you sleep in the back seat, if you leave the door open or put something heavy in the front seat - the car is alive.