Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If we're looking to start throwing barbs here, I didn't question what proportion of users treat their systems as fully autonomous based on a survey of 200 people.

Thanks for making clear you didn't actually read the study.

For example it was 600 Cadillac owners- not 200.

And again the majority believed it was actual self driving.

As a reminder of your original question-

How many people using other systems believe for a second they can activate them and not pay attention to what's happening through the windshield?

Answer based on all available data from Supercruise owners: Most of them. A higher % of them than among Tesla owners in fact.

If your claim was the Tesla folks are because Elon has been making claims about Teslas system-- what is your explaination of an even HIGHER % of Caddy owners thinking this?

Has Elon been shilling for Caddy when nobody was looking? Or is it perhaps time to reconsider your premise is flawed?

Likewise- If you have any actual factual or statistical basis for thinking that sample was somehow heavily biased-- please share it.

Otherwise your dismissal appears to be you just don't like when facts disagree with your imagined ideas of how things are.

I asked how many are, and there are far more users of Autopilot just through the numbers deployed on roads and that alone will increase the overall risk exposure. "Quite a lot" as a higher proportion of Supercruise versus a slightly lower proportion of Autopilot, based on a questionable survey of a couple hundred people, something tells me is quite a lot fewer people using Supercruise who perceive it as fully autonomous compared to Autopilot.

Can you give any rational basis for dismissing "percentage of people who use a thing believing it is autonomous" as a valid measure of how common the belief it's autonomous among users of the thing is?

Because if not it really again sounds like you just dislike the fact all available data shows the problem you were projecting as specifically a Tesla one applies to all brands of ADAS in both studies to varying degrees (and in at least one case- to a greater degree than among Tesla owners)

Reactions: STUtoday
Thanks for making clear you didn't actually read the study.

For example it was 600 Cadillac owners- not 200.
To determine how frequent users view this budding technology, IIHS researchers surveyed around 600 Cadillac, Nissan/Infiniti and Tesla owners (about 200 each)
I’m not reading the rest of your post dude, put together a paragraph or two in a concise manner.

I’m not reading the rest of your post dude, put together a paragraph or two in a concise manner.

You repeatedly post factually wrong claims easily debunked with 30 seconds on google then you dismiss the evidence given while making it clear you didn't even read it.

Hopefully this is a sufficiently concise summary of our recent discussion for you :)

At investor day Ashok said that those that use FSD are 5-6 timers safer than those that don't.
Haha to all of those that said FSD is/was dangerous. Yes, it is dangerous, but less so than alternatives.
Is this based on data before they allowed anyone into the program? I.e. they only allowed "safe" drivers into the program. So the data is skewed in their favor.

I could be wrong- just going off of two things:

The video is an hour older than the "I'm in" tweet-- but of course twitter can be weird about how it presents thing.

But on top of that he hasn't tweeted again since the "I'm in"--- which it seems like he would if he had remained kicked out.

gali.png

Nope.

Not really sure why you expected it. Especially when "Saving the world" was mentioned as the agenda.
Tesla is part of saving the world. He's stated that before. Renewable energy, funding Space exploration, etc.

And what is critical to Tesla's financial success?:

Elon Musk says solving self-driving is the difference between Tesla being worth a lot or nothing. Elon Musk made an interesting comment about Tesla's effort to develop self-driving. The CEO says that solving self-driving is the difference between Tesla being worth a lot of money or almost nothing

So I dont think its crazy to have expected some sort of significant update on how much closer we are to Level 5 success that he promised, no?