Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately I did a manual check this morning so if I see it likely not till tomorrow.
I did a manual check yesterday morning, and checking now just gives me yesterday morning’s timestamp.

I know others have reported the same thing. I hope it still gets pushed to me at some point. I’m going out of town in a week, and having v11 for it would be a nice opportunity to compare the drive to when I did it a few weeks ago.

I did a manual check yesterday morning, and checking now just gives me yesterday morning’s timestamp.

I know others have reported the same thing. I hope it still gets pushed to me at some point. I’m going out of town in a week, and having v11 for it would be a nice opportunity to compare the drive to when I did it a few weeks ago.
If the timestamp doesn't update then you can continue checking until it updates.

It's interesting to me HOW Tesla is pushing this out.

We've seen in the past that a release COULD be authorized for everyone all at once but that's the exception. WIth these last 2 releases based upon TeslaFi #'s, it appears they authorize "x amount (or y%) at undisclosed intervals".

Of course, those cars may be sleeping, driving, whatever but they've been chosen. The download starts with a WiFi connection. But then we sit and wait a while - likely days (my guess) for a further shakedown. It's not a bad strategy. I had previously assumed they had capabilities like "x or x% per hour up to z" and maybe they still do but the bandwidth/server restraints are on the download, not on getting selected in the first place.

So, assusming TeslaFi is a representative sample, you can take the left-most column (782 in this case) and add to that all of the says worth of installations to the right (in this case, just 252 for 1 day). Or go into the details for the release. Point being, 782+252=1034 - that number hasn't changed since the initial push. So likely until it does, those of us (like me) aren't going to get it just yet.

Some other oddities about updates - I've personally discovered 2 updates that downloaded as a result of the CHECK FOR UPDATES button and one that did so immediately after a 2-finger reboot (may have been coincidence). But that too is the rare exception. I'm not sure that button does squat for FSDb. Nor the "Advanced" button for that matter.

Of course, all speculative. I really would like the update!!

Interesting the first install on TeslaFi is a '20 MYP in Florida. Maybe Chuck? :D

1680293654954.png

As of now, Tesla made just over 1,000 cars able to download 11.3.4, including 799 pending. Many of the downloads are to cars on 10.69.x.

There are still over 3,300 on 10.69, so with only pending 11.3.4 to go, only 1 in 4 of them are in the pool.

We all hope and expect the pool to be increased soon, maybe later today? So hang in there.

Mine and several others were pushed out without us manually checking. Add to this the fact the maunal checks have been acting strange, "checking" but not updating the as-of timestamp. So, manual checking is not function the way it used to, and perhaps is not working at all. I have not seen any reports of a download happening just after a manual check.

I don't know if the car needs to be awake or on WiFi to know it is in the pool, but WiFi is needed download.

So, hang in there, relax, maybe take a walk - An update is probably in your near future. Finally.

SInce TeslaFi lists stats for both categories of "chosen but not installed", I'd say it doesn't matter.
I think, but am not sure that my car was asleep when the app indicated it had begun downloading, so perhaps the server wakes the car when it is ready to pushes an update.

TeslaFi logs Pending and Installed, as well as a detail of the steps between the two: Waiting for WiFi Connection, Downloading, Ready to Install, Scheduled to Install and Installing, the total of which equals the number of Pending. So perhaps the servers control the downloading bandwidth by only "Connecting" to cars as bandwidth becomes available. So having a car in WiFi solves only one side of the Connection issue, and the update server gets to it when it can. How it picks which one is next is a mystery, I'd guess random among those on WiFi.

Has Tesla said if the FSD recall has been satisfied and new installs are happening? I know they said in the release notes that it addresses the recall issues, but does that mean it accomplished the fix? How can we be sure?
I mean my car still runs red lights on 11.3.3 so clearly not fixed for some definition of the word.

I mean my car still runs red lights on 11.3.3 so clearly not fixed for some definition of the word.

There must be a threshold of ADAS performance that NHTSA considers sufficiently safe. They can't reasonably require a system to operate flawlessly, otherwise they'd rightfully have to recall every car with any form of ADAS on the road right now.

Edit: Found this on NHTSA's website: "By definition, a defect relates to motor vehicle safety when it involves an unreasonable risk of a crash occurring or an unreasonable risk of death or injury in the event of a crash." Citing 49 U.S.C. § 30102(a)(9). But even there I don't see a definition of "unreasonable risk."

Law Insider suggests a rather strict definition: "Unreasonable risk means the overall level of risk for the driver, vehicle occupants and other road users which is increased compared to a competently and carefully driven manual vehicle."

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Dan D.
There must be a threshold of ADAS performance that NHTSA considers sufficiently safe. They can't reasonably require a system to operate flawlessly, otherwise they'd rightfully have to recall every car with any form of ADAS on the road right now.
Tesla only says they will "improve it"

A software update which includes the remedy that will improve how FSD Beta negotiates certain driving maneuvers during specific conditions (as described below), will be deployed

"Improve" does not imply flawlessness of course. So if that's all they say, and the NHTSA does not disagree, then they both could be liable for any future crashes. I don't feel they have made it clear just what is the exact goal for this recall. Eliminate the issue or improve? How is that measured?

Reactions: willow_hiller