Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does a top leader of FSD knows what semantically means?
Quote: Handling many real-world situations, like construction, requires understanding and reasoning about the scene semantically and not just geometrically.

1. (linguistics) A branch of linguistics studying the meaning of words. [1893]
    Semantics is a foundation of lexicography.
  2. The study of the relationship between words and their meanings.
  3. The individual meanings of words, as opposed to the overall meaning of a passage.
    The semantics of the terms used are debatable.
    The semantics of a single preposition is a dissertation in itself.
  4. (computer science) The meaning of computer language constructs, in contrast to their form or syntax.
    file sharing and locking semantics

• Funny
Reactions: flutas
Does a top leader of FSD knows what semantically means?
Quote: Handling many real-world situations, like construction, requires understanding and reasoning about the scene semantically and not just geometrically.

1. (linguistics) A branch of linguistics studying the meaning of words. [1893]
    Semantics is a foundation of lexicography.
  2. The study of the relationship between words and their meanings.
  3. The individual meanings of words, as opposed to the overall meaning of a passage.
    The semantics of the terms used are debatable.
    The semantics of a single preposition is a dissertation in itself.
  4. (computer science) The meaning of computer language constructs, in contrast to their form or syntax.
    file sharing and locking semantics
Do you?

Tweet:

Handling many real-world situations, like construction, requires understanding and reasoning about the scene semantically and not just geometrically. That is why self-driving is an intelligence problem and not a sensor problem (i.e. needing LIDAR, Radar etc).

Also: Oh noes, a thumbs down. Whatever will I do.

Also: Oh noes, a thumbs down. Whatever will I do.

There are educational, informative, supportive, community building ways of showing how dictionary definitions are not keeping up with word use. Or there is being snarky.

With a few gentle words and the link explaining there is something called Semantic AI, you could have shown yourself to be educational, informative, supportive, and community building.

Simply saying: "That sentence is using semantically in the terms of Semantic AI" and including the link, you would have achieved that.

Instead you went for the snarky "You aren't educated" confrontation leaving you open to a thumbs down. On this forum, thumbs down means 'disagree'. While your facts can't be disagreed with, you chose to behave disagreeably so I added to the thumbs down.

There are educational, informative, supportive, community building ways of showing how dictionary definitions are not keeping up with word use. Or there is being snarky.

With a few gentle words and the link explaining there is something called Semantic AI, you could have shown yourself to be educational, informative, supportive, and community building.

Simply saying: "That sentence is using semantically in the terms of Semantic AI" and including the link, you would have achieved that.

Instead you went for the snarky "You aren't educated" confrontation leaving you open to a thumbs down. On this forum, thumbs down means 'disagree'. While your facts can't be disagreed with, you chose to behave disagreeably so I added to the thumbs down.
This guy always says stuff like this, he's a constant "snarky" troll. Just look at his post and then his post history. That's the reason for the snark. I added the thumbs down comment after he had already done it.

On top of that, literally read his post. He's trying to claim a subject field expert is wrong, "with snark" as you put it, when he doesn't even understand what they are talking about.

Also: Someone help me, they keep thumbs downing me when they can't handle their own snark thrown back at them. Oh noes, whatever will I do.

Last edited:
Tesla twitter account says autopark now rolling out.

As I mentioned in the other thread that linked to this-

So... still just slowly backing into spaces....? That's the same autopark USS cars have had for years now, just with a bit better visualization of potential spots.

I mean I guess kudos for finally getting non-uss cars PART of the way to parity with USS ones (still missing summon right?) but it sure took em long enough.

As I mentioned in the other thread that linked to this-

So... still just slowly backing into spaces....? That's the same autopark USS cars have had for years now, just with a bit better visualization of potential spots.

I mean I guess kudos for finally getting non-uss cars PART of the way to parity with USS ones (still missing summon right?) but it sure took em long enough.
It looks like it picks up way more potential spots than my car ever has with USS

With the emphasis on slowly.

BTW when @sleepydoc was having problems getting his system to work, he was looking to park in spaces to the left of the car. I don’t think those are favored, are they? I assume it can still do it but maybe not as easy to get the option to show up?

Good question... I've done it, but it's possible it was only when I'd already started reversing toward a to-the-left spot and the prompt came up-- their posts made it sound like it virtually never worked for ANY spot though which was the weird part.

With the emphasis on slowly.

BTW when @sleepydoc was having problems getting his system to work, he was looking to park in spaces to the left of the car. I don’t think those are favored, are they? I assume it can still do it but maybe not as easy to get the option to show up?
tried it again last night with a spot on the right. it wouldn't recognize it at all but the rear camera was also not perfectly clean. That may have affected it but it also means it will be useless a significant part of the year for me if that's a limiting factor.