Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon is asking for what you'll like fixed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My teenage child is almost ready to start learning to drive. I want her to drive in the safest car made, namely the Model 3. My biggest hestency is putting her into a car with SO much acceleration. Way easier than all the other safety features Tesla has built and is building into their cars is to simply allow parents to lock in chill mode with a password. I bet that feature alone will save lives.

ie see this thread:
Model X hits tree at close to 100 MPH and flies 100 feet into a river - everyone survived
That feature does exist bc of that story - speed limit mode is pin protected. I agree with your sentiment there should be a parental control master setting, eg. No EAP, Chill, speed limit mode, phone lockout, pin to drive, early collision warning, geo fence, multiple occupant notify (more kids more problems if not in the plan).

Reactions: Bogobec
How about being able to preheat the car at a certain time. I know you can already do it but I mean like a schedule that you can set. Also being able to preheat batterry from the app. In cold weather I can take kids to school and be back and Regen still hasn't kicked in. Same thing when I go pick them up from school.

My car already left production and is in transit now but I would have loved to have a live feed of the actual car I ordered going through production. I would have taken one week vacation just to binge watch my car being assembled :D

Hell, I'd have been happy with a reasonably accurate production forecast on the website and through the dealer. We were told first half of November in 2nd week of October. Actual date.... December 24! LOL. And when I was trying to raise hell over this in the end of October, website still showed my configuration is "November delivery" so clearly they have no concept of their production.

Reactions: Bogobec
I’ve asked for this on Twitter as well, but I’d like to see an option for a Geofence so that I can shutoff Autopresent doors at home (it’s a nightmare when working in the garage at home with the fob anywhere nearby), and to also have more intelligent charge scheduling so that you can allow the car to charge on weekends at anytime in order to better make use of peak/off-peak electric plans. These seem like pretty easy fixes, so hopefully they can be incorporated at some point.

I’d like to see an option for a Geofence so that I can shutoff Autopresent doors at home (it’s a nightmare when working in the garage at home with the fob anywhere nearby).

This is a great idea. The “key basket” next to my door is too close to the car even though it’s inside! Car keeps unlocking so I have to turn off autopresent or move the key further inside.

Yes, I had to turn off the auto-opening feature because it kept opening the door every time I walked up to my kitchen sink.

Geofencing would be great. I’d also like them to split that toggle into two. Right now, if you turn off the auto-open feature, you also lose the double-press-to-open. There’s really no reason for those to be combined in a single setting.