Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk's ventilator giveaway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

afadeev

Feb 28, 2019
NYC
at least Elon is doing something while you chose to complain

The cult of elon is strong in this one!

Most likely this was an unintended mistake (not excusable and not unexpected considering how utterly disorganized Tesla is inside).

I'm more afraid of the real ventilators which Tesla is supposed to be building. Panel gaps there may end up actually killing people...

Gotta say, as someone who plays with ventilators.
More patients than just COVID patients need ventilators, and vents are often used under bipap settings. So even if this article is accurate this will free up vents for covid patients. Articles like this are absurd. They are full of 1/2 truths, with an agenda. I only skimmed it fwiw. So my reply may have half truths, but I’m not a “journalist” so I think that’s fine.

It’s been a long day. This thread should be in some sort of off topic area.

The cult of elon is strong in this one!

Most likely this was an unintended mistake (not excusable and not unexpected considering how utterly disorganized Tesla is inside).

I'm more afraid of the real ventilators which Tesla is supposed to be building. Panel gaps there may end up actually killing people...

The Cult of Complainers is very strong in this one.!
He obviously thought they would work. Likely someone told him they would work.

You could cut him slack.

Tesla's Elon Musk clarifies confusion on ventilators donated to hospitals in need

EUndJc1XgAA3LIu

Hmm

...negative spin...

The communication should have been clearly indicating BiPAP as listed on the boxes and sales order rather than let the public found out the inconsistencies themselves.

It's the concealment of the name BiPAP is a public relations problem.

The Tesla "ventilator" is confusing because usually, BiPAP and CPAP machines are not considered as ventilators but in a crisis, they can be converted to be used as a ventilator alternative.

They are ventilator alternatives.

The article also says:

"portable oxygen generators for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and nasal cannulae hoses"

Those 2 above are not usually be called "ventilators", but in a crisis, they can be converted and use as ventilator alternatives.

Just like rocks, sticks and stones are bullet alternatives in ammunition shortage, ventilator alternatives in a crisis are not a substitute for a real ventilator.

Anyhow, the donation is a very good thing indeed.

Last edited:
It's one thing to be optimistic about timeline deliveries, but when lives are on the line, being sloppy is inexcusable.
When you over-promise ventilators and deliver BiPAPs to NYC instead, people notice:
"'Ventilators' donated by Elon Musk can't be used on coronavirus patients, health officials say"
'Ventilators' donated by Elon Musk can't be used on coronavirus patients, health officials say

So is this your deal. You’ve disagreed with every positive post about Elon or Tesla here, regardless of accuracy.

Why do people lurk around forums when they hate the company and owner ?
Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Reactions: EinSV