Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact you won't notice a brake upgrade unless you're on a racetrack is true of virtually every modern car ever made.

In normal street use brake "upgrades" do literally nothing useful besides make eventual brake jobs more expensive (or more frequently needed for suckers who buy drilled rotors)

Yeah, bigger rotors are mostly about heat dissipation, which is something you don't typically need on the street (especially with Tesla's regen braking).

When I upgraded my front WRX brakes, it was so I could take it on a track that was especially brutal on heating up brakes. The pedal did have a much wider range of motion (better brake modulation), which could arguably be helpful off track in very specific scenarios. Not sure if the previous Model S "P" brakes have any different modulation; I'd assume it'd be similar on Model 3 "P" if so.

Reactions: FlyNavy01
That’s good news! Now if There were any way to find out about suspension modifications...

Thanks Ryan.
I'm thinking along the same lines. I called Tesla and they said that performance will be delivered in 6 months. I'm hoping that by then - additional options will be available for the model 3 that aren't available today.

The lack of air suspension is the only thing to give me pause when ordering....however I went ahead anyway.

Topanga, CA owner/line-waiter. Mid-morning. Two reservations.

First config invite before Thanksgiving. RWD delivered before New Years. VIN 22xx.

Second invite received early December. If ordered, would have been VIN 35xx-ish.

Still no access to AWD. Has anyone in CA been able to order AWD/P?

• Informative
Reactions: e-FTW
I'm thinking along the same lines. I called Tesla and they said that performance will be delivered in 6 months. I'm hoping that by then - additional options will be available for the model 3 that aren't available today.

The lack of air suspension is the only thing to give me pause when ordering....however I went ahead anyway.

You mean you just configured your P and they said it would take 6 months for you to get it? That’s not very promising.

You mean you just configured your P and they said it would take 6 months for you to get it? That’s not very promising.
Well...yes.

That's exactly what they said.

I'm hoping that in 6 months Elon / Tesla would have added another feature to Performance - for free. That would make the wait worth it.
Can we say - AIR Suspension?
Can we say - Heated steering wheel?

Can we say...…levitation?

Last edited:
Well...yes.

That's exactly what they said.

I'm hoping that in 6 months Elon / Tesla would have added another feature to Performance - for free. That would make the wait worth it.
Can we say - AIR Suspension?
Can we say - Heated steering wheel?

Can we say...…levitation?

Ouch... Why did I think 12-16 weeks meant anything less than 6 months? fooled me again...

• Funny
Reactions: MTL_HABS1909