Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says final reveal in July

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That means that there is 3 months to do a lot more tweaking of the final design! We haven't seen the end of it yet. Hang on boys, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

And 3 months left for us to come up with theoretical designs that have nothing to do with anything Tesla ever said, and then attack Tesla for coming up with such a stupid design.

Can't wait!

False. 3 months for suppliers to make parts and get them to Tesla. Design has been done for 6 months -- though some might argue there have only been minor changes since the unveil over a year ago. No design changes are going to be made at this point.

That means that there is 3 months to do a lot more tweaking of the final design! We haven't seen the end of it yet. Hang on boys, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Reactions: jsmay311
False. 3 months for suppliers to make parts and get them to Tesla. Design has been done for 6 months -- though some might argue there have only been minor changes since the unveil over a year ago. No design changes are going to be made at this point.

Let me try to explain my thinking in a different way. I don't believe the Blue and Black models recently seen are the final product. They are merely "test mules." The final release model is being kept under wraps which will have some minor design tweaking to exterior and interior (already completed) different from the test mules. Elon is a master showman if nothing else. I don't think he would be so careless to show the final product on the streets (without camo) three months before the actual release. The blue and black mules are red herrings for testing purposes only, in my opinion.

My prediction given this news: July 31st.

Monday? Naw, I'm going to say Thursday, 27th. Would be Friday, but you have to have Friday be the day the stock doubles.

Anyway, this is a show in the dark prediction for how it will go down.

I'm going to guess this will be a combo final reveal and 1st deliver event. Musk will get on stage 3 minute late and give the usual spiel about sustainability and whatnot. 7 "randomly" selected Tesla employees will then be invited up to the stage(randomly, as in they won a drawing which may have already happened). These 7, along will top executives and managers will have already configured their cars sometime in May, but all those details will be kept under wraps until the reveal.

The 7 will be joined by reps from Tesla who will present each with a form to sign(all major paperwork was already done prior). Each will be handed their key, and will stand in front of a large curtain. The curtain will be raised revealing their cars. Lots of great shots of the 7 gushing over their new rides and all that. A few minutes later they get in their cars and drive them off-stage. Musk returns to the stage and introduces a video going through all the features of the car, revealing all options and everything like that.

The video ends and Musk says something like "and for those shorts who think these are some fake hand made cars and we won't produce any more for another year, we take you now to a live feed from Fremont, where cars are rolling of the line now." And they do just that. After the live feed, Musk invites the world to go to Tesla.com and configure a Model 3 for themselves(the website subsequently crashes 5 minutes later) Musk finished the night by thanking all the hard work by everyone and invites us all back to see the new semi in September.

Let me try to explain my thinking in a different way. I don't believe the Blue and Black models recently seen are the final product. They are merely "test mules." The final release model is being kept under wraps which will have some minor design tweaking to exterior and interior (already completed) different from the test mules. Elon is a master showman if nothing else. I don't think he would be so careless to show the final product on the streets (without camo) three months before the actual release. The blue and black mules are red herrings for testing purposes only, in my opinion.
I think lots of people were saying the same thing about Model X, but when they did the final reveal, it turned out that the mules spotted on the roads were pretty much what the final product looked like. They basically drove the Model X around with little to no camouflage.