Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon / Tesla - Let's try SomethingDifferent this time around.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
The time of year is approaching, Past Performance IS INDICATIVE in this case and if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then IT IS A….probably time for Elon to respeak about EAP/FSD/HW3 etc…at his SemiTruck unveiling.

We have had SilkySmooth….SomethingSpecial…I guess its time for…maybe…SimplySplendid to be announced.

Elon, lets try something different and change it up this go-round. Release AmazinglyAstounding… and do it BEFORE your SemiTruck show&tell. That way when you get to the end you can say…AND THAT’S NOT ALL…we have released fleet wide FW to all Model S’ X’ and 3’ that do….this …and this…and this…. Announcing something REAL this time that is in the field working and that all of us Tesla owners that have paved the way can be happy with.

Please PLease PLEASE do NOT announce more vapor-ware, more untruths (for the kool-aid drinkers that can’t swallow the word “lies”) more words for the press but nothing for Tesla owners…

That would be new and novel and well received.

Shouldn’t have had the 3rd cup of coffee this morning. LOL

The time of year is approaching, Past Performance IS INDICATIVE in this case and if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then IT IS A….probably time for Elon to respeak about EAP/FSD/HW3 etc…at his SemiTruck unveiling.

We have had SilkySmooth….SomethingSpecial…I guess its time for…maybe…SimplySplendid to be announced.

Elon, lets try something different and change it up this go-round. Release AmazinglyAstounding… and do it BEFORE your SemiTruck show&tell. That way when you get to the end you can say…AND THAT’S NOT ALL…we have released fleet wide FW to all Model S’ X’ and 3’ that do….this …and this…and this…. Announcing something REAL this time that is in the field working and that all of us Tesla owners that have paved the way can be happy with.

Please PLease PLEASE do NOT announce more vapor-ware, more untruths (for the kool-aid drinkers that can’t swallow the word “lies”) more words for the press but nothing for Tesla owners…

Please post this on his twitter account!

Reactions: Tiger

You sound crazy... :) LOL You know, expecting a different result and all of that... :p

Jeff

Or be honest and tell everyone that his goal is achieved and other car markers are now upping the game. I’m ready for that to be honest.

As much as I want Elon to announce something amazing about EAP/FSD, I'd much rather prefer that he avoid bringing it up and just let the software updates do the talking. We've been burned before with statements like silky smooth AP and coast-to-coast autonomous drive demo by the end of the year. If you don't have actual proof of it, then don't give us another incorrect timeline just to please the masses. Just show it when it's actually achieved even if it takes longer than what was predicted.

If self driving takes 24 or 36 more months to develop using cameras only I'll be delighted and happy. But half of TMC will be in therapy by then trying to work through what they perceive as having been trapped in an abusive relationship.

Agreed, but some folks here, not me but some others I am sure, leased their cars with the anticipation of it beIng available before their lease ends. They may end up in therapy if that holds true.

Reactions: mikerathbun
If self driving takes 24 or 36 more months to develop using cameras only I'll be delighted and happy. But half of TMC will be in therapy by then trying to work through what they perceive as having been trapped in an abusive relationship.

If Elon told investors that it would take 24-36 months to get things right then the stock would be worth about two thirds of its current price within a day. Unfortunately we live in a world where investors have very short attention spans and as long as the markets allow Elon to keep making grandiose predictions then he will.

Reactions: croman
Both Elon's predictions and the customers expectations tend to be on the high side.

If you lower your expectations, the vehicles are fantastic.
If you have very high expectations, that same car will fall short.

Reminds me of Star Trek. Captain Kirk always had high expectation while Dr. McCoy and Scotty the engineer always explained that those demands were almost impossible to carry out. "I'm a Doctor...not a miracle worker" or "We can go to warp drive, but those dilithium crystals are going to become unstable"

Due to the magic of TV, most of his orders turned out to work great, and just in the nick of time, but Elon has reality to deal with, and it makes him struggle more with getting his aspirations out as fast as he hoped.

Standing back, Elon is teraforming our lives, and our view of the future more so than any other human alive. He is blazing a brave new path, and it is interesting at how many people are picking at any problems he encounters along the way.

Think this is going to work out well in the long run, but he needs some faith along the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: calisnow
Both Elon's predictions and the customers expectations tend to be on the high side.

Reminds me of Star Trek. Captain Kirk always had high expectation while Dr. McCoy and Scotty the engineer always explained that those demands were almost impossible to carry out. "I'm a Doctor...not a miracle worker" or "We can go to warp drive, but those dilithium crystals are going to become unstable"

Due to the magic of TV, most of his orders turned out to work great, and just in the nick of time, but Elon has reality to deal with, and it makes him struggle more with getting his aspirations out as fast as he hoped.

Standing back, Elon is teraforming our lives, and our view of the future more so than any other human alive. He is blazing a brave new path, and it is interesting at how many people are picking at any problems he encounters along the way.

Think this is going to work out well in the long run, but he needs some faith along the way.

Well our high expectations are usually because of Elon's massive promises lol Can't blame us for getting excited when the CEO of the company we all love tells us EAP will be better than AP1, FSD will be a reality by the end of the year, and summon will park for you. Those are some pretty incredible things that even the most negative of humans would feel a little emotion over.

Due to the magic of TV, most of his orders turned out to work great, and just in the nick of time, but Elon has reality to deal with, and it makes him struggle more with getting his aspirations out as fast as he hoped..

My “EXPECTATIONS” are not self imposed. They are set by Tesla and Elon. I SHOULD be able to expect results when that person / company has set those expectations.

If your employer told you that your salary was going to be $5,000 a week but actually paid you $3,500 would you be okay that your expectations of income were not met?