Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He was provoked by a guy... but then you shouldn't get provoked unless it is a direct lie on Tesla and his cars.

This *sugar* is going to run for another few weeks.

He was, but it was some random guy. There are >3.5 billion guys in the world. If Elon is going to respond to every single one of them, then God help us all.

I do wish Elon wouldn't take the bait when somebody is obviously trying to push his button(s). While he has every right to, his tweets are of far more consequence than the average Joe.

But speaking of tweets, I think it is so cool that when someone tweets about getting their m3 and how much they LOVE IT, the vast majority of responses are more than positive, they're ecstatic! Really tells me what people truly feel about Tesla, regardless of the short bears.

And we have a holiday coming up! When I was younger, the families always got together on holidays, which provides the opportunity for a LOT of rides and test drives and grinning faces. Wonder how much of an impact this will have on sales and SP? Talk amongst yourselves...

And he's doubling down on the pedo story.

Maybe the guy is, maybe he isn't, but Musk bringing it up again on Twitter isn't going to help him or Tesla. And there will be stories written about today's tweet. and the short term stock price will suffer for it. (probably, not an advise)
Oh my god. Why he can’t stop tweeting.

He was provoked by a guy... but then you shouldn't get provoked unless it is a direct lie on Tesla and his cars. I think Elon is certain that guy is what he said he is.

But the question is, are you allowed to call someone publicly even if he is one?

This *sugar* is going to run for another few weeks.
Time and time again, Elon has defended his honor (and that of his team and companies).

It’s been this way from day one. He’s a fighter. From day one.

Now if he’s asking if anyone investigate crimes and they didn’t, but rather attack Elon relentlessly instead... then that’s the “black mirror” Elon is shinning right now.

It’s hard for him to let this just go off in that direction. How is it that something possibility so criminal get brushed over by “truth seekers” just to attack Elon because he’s succeeding in shaking up control of multiple established global industries while enhancing sustainability of life on and off earth?

This is exactly what he’s questioning and in my opinion rightfully so.

If you believe in something strongly enough, you muster the courage to stand behind it.

Courage is in short supply, Elon might as well help the rest of us restock it.

PS: our favorite coal hedgefund manager financed an anti-pedophile documentary that came out recently. Will he investigate such possible activities happening in foreign lands and how westerners are exploiting these countries for such activities? Or is he going to ignore it just because Elon brings attention to it? Is he going to deride Elon for bringing attention to supposedly the same thing he detests?

Last edited:
Time and time again, Elon has defended his honor (and that of his team and companies).

Now if he’s asking if anyone investigate crimes and they didn’t, but rather attack Elon relentlessly instead... then that’s the “black mirror” Elon is shinning right now.

It’s hard for him to let this just go off in that direction. How is it that something possibility so criminal get brushed over by “truth seekers” just to attack Elon because he’s succeeding in shaking up control of multiple established global industries while enhancing sustainability of life on and off earth?

If you believe in something strongly enough, you muster the courage to stand behind it.

There isn't enough time in each day to fight every potential battle in life. You pick and choose what is important. If not learned earlier, this is something most managers are forced to learn in their first year of management.

He's bringing up the pedo thing again. It was over, the world had moved on. Now we have to hear about this again for the next few days. All while the press is actively going after his job.

He didn’t bring it up— the guy trolling him did. But he shouldn’t have responded; he should have just ignored it. Is he ever going to learn?

Last edited:
Oh yes it does matter. Pedo guy started the war of words with his false and then rude statements. Elon ended the fight -- at least for now and at some cost to him self. Possible outcomes:
1) Pedo guy firmly denies that he came to Thailand to explore anything other than caves and seeks an apology or other remedy from Musk.
2) Pedo guy prefers to keep a lower profile and we never hear from him again.
3) Thai authorities make an arrest announcement after further inquiry.

Which of those occur will make a big difference.

So far it looks like #2. Perhaps #3 to come.

• Informative
Reactions: Boomer19
Unless someone has seen these Facebook photos personally, we really shouldn’t be repeating unfounded rumors here. Things have a way of being accepted as fact if they’re repeated enough. And why would anyone post pictures of their statutory rape victims on Facebook?

That being said, I did find a picture on Google with him and a young looking Thai girl in a restaurant, but that in and of itself doesn’t prove anything.

PS: our favorite coal hedgefund manager financed an anti-pedophile documentary that came out recently. Will he investigate such possible activities happening in foreign lands and how westerners are exploiting these countries for such activities? Or is he going to ignore it just because Elon brings attention to it? Is he going to deride Elon for bringing attention to supposedly the same thing he detests?
Elon has not given up. Pedo guy has been under surveillance by investigators hired by Elon. Probably has evidence. You either take it, or leave it, meaning don't like it sell. Elon will never change, Jobs didn't.

I suppose Drew instigator guy could ask: Elon: Why aren't you suing the media publications who you believe write lies about Tesla? Kinda says it all, right?

If he actually did investigate this guy in an attempt to back up his claims, that is really pathetic.

There comes a time in every (successful) organization's development when the founder starts to get in the way of growth, rather than promoting it. Mr. Musk is not a Tesla founder but I know he sees himself that way. And we may be nearing the moment when "Founder's Syndrome" is beginning to rear its head: where a charasmatic leader's missteps diminish the organization he helped create. That despite all the nights he spent sleeping on rooftops and factory floors. He's an able problem solver. No, a genius problem solver. But when he generates as many problems as he solves (don't know the exact ratio but there's entries on both sides of that ledger of late) , it's time to think about change.
Robin

There comes a time in every (successful) organization's development when the founder starts to get in the way of growth, rather than promoting it. Mr. Musk is not a Tesla founder but I know he sees himself that way. And we may be nearing the moment when "Founder's Syndrome" is beginning to rear its head: where a charasmatic leader's missteps diminish the organization he helped create. That despite all the nights he spent sleeping on rooftops and factory floors. He's an able problem solver. No, a genius problem solver. But when he generates as many problems as he solves (don't know the exact ratio but there's entries on both sides of that ledger of late) , it's time to think about change.
Robin
What does any of this have to do with producing cars and future vision. Elon’s twitter doesn’t effect how many cars they produce nor what quality they are.

If Elon leaves do you have any idea what happens to the company let alone the stock price. I guarantee you people at Tesla like working for Elon, dude is inspiring.

What does any of this have to do with producing cars and future vision. Elon’s twitter doesn’t effect how many cars they produce nor what quality they are.

If Elon leaves do you have any idea what happens to the company let alone the stock price. I guarantee you people at Tesla like working for Elon, dude is inspiring.
When you hand a billion dollars to shorts with a tweet, when your tweets shift the focus away from building and delivering record numbers of EV's and onto you and your mental state, when you get into petty tweet storms over what? Nothing. I'd say it has a lot to do with Tesla's well being. To be clear, I don't for an instant think he should leave. But muzzled? Maybe.
Robin