Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm unclear why you think my pointing out that he didn't address Elon directly is unfair?

"What do you think of so-and-so?"
"I think he's a twit"

Is materially different than:

"I think so-and-so is a twit." ?

All of which ignores the reason I pointed out the venue: nether of the comments were private, both in a public venue... hence the the appropriateness of any apologies also being such.
It was the "opted", which to me had an implication of him choosing from a list of options of the venue in which to insult Elon Musk, rather than just having been asked for an interview, and then asked a question. And, I don't know how the interview went, so I don't know how it led into the question.

Figurative or literal? Seriously? How long has it been since anyone was literally guillotined in America? In the world, for that matter?

I guess this is Elon being 'witty', but I really expect better wit from him. And needless to say, only an idiot would consider it a threat.
I don't expect everyone to care, but it bothered Elon enough to continue posting about it even if he wasn't witty enough for you. It is literally nothing but a threat, serious or not. Granted by a sniveling coward anonymous troll, but still a threat. And it should be reported since it violates Twitter's terms.

It was the "opted", which to me had an implication of him choosing from a list of options of the venue in which to insult Elon Musk, rather than just having been asked for an interview, and then asked a question. And, I don't know how the interview went, so I don't know how it led into the question.
The footage is online.. you can find it. He wasn't goaded in to being offensive by the question... he chose to do it.

In all seriousness, it would be rather entertaining if, at the behest of Flint's Mayor and multiple organizations on the ground, Elon had his engineers make water filters for Flint, then the EPA came in and cleaned up all the water before the filters were installed and the Mayor told him to "shove your filters where it hurts".
it is interesting that no "real" mass-media bothered to described what happened in Flint.
Musk group made advertisement in Flint to collect water samples, collected and analyzed them, most of the places happen to have water of good quality ,some places (less than 10% apparently) got filters provided by group paid by Musk. That's all. The water was already cleaned but because of butchered trust in local authorities "scandal" continued. But proper news coverage is of course not interesting.

May be you are missing their angle. Folks like Ben Sullins and Gene Muster feed on Tesla, and have to save their own faces in their circles.
This is just a way to distance themselves from the issue. They know pretty well Elon couldn't care less for anyone's advice :)

For the supporters of Elon's sub: Can you explain the procedure to save 13 people with one sub? Or was it meant only for the weakest kid to be rescued separately, after rescuing everyone else?
the same way they did it in reality. One by one. According to the Elon post sub was meant for the smallest kid.

it is interesting that no "real" mass-media bothered to described what happened in Flint.
Musk group made advertisement in Flint to collect water samples, collected and analyzed them, most of the places happen to have water of good quality ,some places (less than 10% apparently) got filters provided by group paid by Musk. That's all. The water was already cleaned but because of butchered trust in local authorities "scandal" continued. But proper news coverage is of course not interesting.
Flint wasn't "butchered trust in local authorities" it was a deliberate decision to risk poisoning the public water system for the city by the Governor who had been warned of the consequences of changing the water source to save some money. There are times when there is genuine reason to be paranoid.

Loser? I suspect some here were only passively following the story, but just remember who this guy is here...
  • Police find chained up bikes of the soccer team boys after the rains had started to fall
  • They asked for volunteers from anyone who knew the caves
  • Vernon Unsworth, a cave spelunker, sprung into action and started searching in dangerous conditions because he knew the caves so well
  • When the water got too high, he spoke to the Thai government about divers, who told him that they just didn't have those kinds of resources at their disposal
  • He calls the British Navy and they volunteer for the mission
  • British Navy gets diplomatic immunity from the Thai government
  • Vernon Unsworth works with the navy to guide them through the murky floodwaters in the cave.
  • They find the boys alive nine days after Vernon Unsowrth started working.
Not all boys went to the cave, some returned home, the police knew that they were in the cave because bikes were still there. Nevertheless they made full search in the area.
They didn't ask for "volunteers" who knew the caves.
They asked for volunteers to search for kids.
They tried to enter caves in the same day, but could not pass far, as a result they started to search for alternative cave entries.
Unsworth was "cave expert" only for mass-media. There is no records of his "expert" help to Thailand authorities.
Interesting moment: when the british diver was asked in Four Corners program about cave structure he was quick to mention that the drawing in mass-media news was wrong.

Thailand authorities sent thai navy seals, started to collect infrastructure for long range diving, and as it is common for cave rescue they call international community. There is no difference with the cases in France or other countries whatsoever.
The british happen to react first, the american and europeans were second (the difference was hours apparently). Thailand authority established diver group, putting the british group which was most experienced and very very well known in diver world in the first most critical phase and thai seals together with american militaries in the second etc. passes.
There were no British Navy unites participating in the rescue efforts.
The immunity was received by Australian doctor who used anesthetic drugs to "calm" kids.
Unshworth was voluntary and did no "guiding" (what a BS). the British refused even thai "help" not to babysit anybody.
People die in caves very quickly.
But no, he's just an impulsive tweeter. He's a different breed of CEO of a 50B+ company, one that lacks "professional."
He is CEO of two (now three) companies which enjoy permanent media bombardment.

Last edited:
To summarize.
There is no proper interview of Thailand ministry of internal affairs. One would think that the first source would be the people who have supervised rescue operations.
There is no proper interview of american diver team leader who coordinated rescue operation with thai divers.
There is no proper interview with thai admiral who supervised thai divers.
There is no proper interview with Robert Charles Harper who coordinated and apparently planned rescue.
In all interviews with Rick Stanton not ones, never was he asked about communication with SpaceX or other companies.

There is total silence in mass-media about participation of numerous thai and foreign companies in rescue efforts.
Pumping of water, which was critical for mission success, the diversion of upstream rivers, even boring in at least two locations etc. etc. And of course attempts of different quality to provide means for safe rescue.

But you have "British diver hero" Unsworth.
Modern mass-media at it's best.

To summarize.
There is no proper interview of Thailand ministry of internal affairs. One would think that the first source would be the people who have supervised rescue operations.
There is no proper interview of american diver team leader who coordinated rescue operation with thai divers.
There is no proper interview with thai admiral who supervised thai divers.
There is no proper interview with Robert Charles Harper who coordinated and apparently planned rescue.
In all interviews with Rick Stanton not ones, never was he asked about communication with SpaceX or other companies.

There is total silence in mass-media about participation of numerous thai and foreign companies in rescue efforts.
Pumping of water, which was critical for mission success, the diversion of upstream rivers, even boring in at least two locations etc. etc. And of course attempts of different quality to provide means for safe rescue.

But you have "British diver hero" Unsworth.
Modern mass-media at it's best.

The bit about Stanton is something I’ve found troubling. Musk has, repeatedly, referenced working with Stanton from the beginning. It would be trivial to reach out to him about Musk’s efforts, and immediately clear up that whole situation. Instead, we get interviews asking other people who had no contact with him about Musk’s involvement. As far as I’ve seen, there’s been no indication of any journalist even attempting to ask Stanton about it(not even the standard “Mr Stanton couldn’t be reached for comment” or “declined to comment” or “didn’t respond immediately”).

I've speculated about Elon Musk's behaviour at the Q1 Earnings call and lately his tweets responding to a diver that with a smug smile told Elon to stick his sub where it hurts. (Pedophiles live in a universe where sticking something where it hurts is normal I suppose).
What was Elon thinking with his tweets ? He's not stupid but it seemed like he was helping shorts to have a new story that would damage the stock price.
Think about it. Could it be that Elon was deliberately testing the market. If the SP only dropped insignificantly as a result then a lot of shorts would realize that any assault on the stock is futile. Elon himself tried without any "succes".
A stock where nothing interesting happens may have a tendency to just wither.
Just a theory but maybe Elon is just cleverly playing the stock market as he has done in the past.

• Disagree
Reactions: MauryDann and Doit
I don't expect everyone to care, but it bothered Elon enough to continue posting about it even if he wasn't witty enough for you. It is literally nothing but a threat, serious or not. Granted by a sniveling coward anonymous troll, but still a threat. And it should be reported since it violates Twitter's terms.
"I am going to guillotine you. Literally" - that would be a threat.

This random guy merely asked how long it will be till Elon gets fired. In a tweet that wasn't even addressed to Musk, but rather to the guy's own handful of twitter followers. That is not a threat.

Why Elon was hypersensitive enough to post multiple tweets in response, well that's an interesting question, isn't it? It's still not a threat. But you should definitely explain to Twitter how this is really, really serious.

FireBirdAlpha is next on my list of persons unfit to be read i.e. ignored. Your are in fine company.
Mod, don't you dare deleting this post and allowing FIreBirdAlpha to continue poisoning the humanity.

It should be known there are persons who cannot stand this lowlife anymore.
One bird is on my list already. the second is close. Both clog up the discussion with the same type of crap.
Then the thread derails into the usual pattern....explain why the "issue" is not an issue other people chime in and on it goes.

My signal to noise ratio is better with the ignores in place.