Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you know someone to be a pedophile and do or say nothing, what does that say about you?
That you don't have a practical way to leverage that knowledge into productive action.

You might as well ask why so many women don't report rapes. It's because so many know they're not in a position to actually get their rapists convicted.

I remember when I decided not to report promotion of academic fraud by a professor when I realized I wasn't in a position where I could actually get any action taken on it; it was clear the Dean would be on the side of the professor, and he practically had a cult of students. I did talk about it when *genuine* people asked why I couldn't stand the professor, but I would never have put anything in writing unless there was a rational path of success. (I'm still mad at that guy.)

Maybe this argument wouldn't appeal to most people, but to someone with a sufficiently pragmatic mind, the pragmatics will override the righteous anger. And Musk is very pragmatic, most of the time.

Last edited:
Not everyone likes to waste their time on things which aren't actually effective.

If I had seen a way to get that professor fired and disgraced, I would have, but I didn't see a path to do it. I wasn't in a sufficiently credible position to push it, nor did I have the time -- nor was he *worth my time*. He wasn't important enough.

Bravery which doesn't have a productive result is stupid. Be brave when you actually have a plan for winning.

Now, I realize a lot of people don't think this way, but based on what I know of Musk, I would lay bets he does.

If you know someone to be a pedophile and do or say nothing, what does that say about you?
Wtf!!!!!!

He does not need to make any public comment. He can hire people to bust this guy, but associating Tesla the brand with pedophilia is stupid. Unless he wants to take Tesla private at 320 instead of 420, then it would be brilliant. He is unselling cars and could eventually impact has ability to represent SpaceX. Not there yet, but this hurts the brand and it hurts him personally.

Wtf!!!!!!

He does not need to make any public comment. He can hire people to bust this guy, but associating Tesla the brand with pedophilia is stupid. Unless he wants to take Tesla private at 320 instead of 420, then it would be brilliant. He is unselling cars and could eventually impact has ability to represent SpaceX. Not there yet, but this hurts the brand and it hurts him personally.
Perfect statement, thank you, still existing intelligent people. I guess Elon is enough intelligent to also get this but I guess he is under too much stress... Big trouble ahead

Doing the right thing only when it benefits you is the epitome of selfishness and self-centeredness.
Don't be an idiot. It wasn't whether it benefited me -- there was no way for any outcome to benefit me. It was whether it benefitted *anyone*. Tilting at windmills is not generally productive.

To quote Nancy Pelosi, "Sure, impeachment is worth it if you've got the votes."

Perfect statement, thank you, still existing intelligent people. I guess Elon is enough intelligent to also get this but I guess he is under too much stress... Big trouble ahead

Due to Elon's antics, Trump is probably like "Whew, at least I have some other crazy dude on Twitter that can distract the media from my lies and deception from time to time."

Not everyone is a coward.

Imho it has got nothing to do with cowardice.
Elon Musk is a guy with a temperament, which can be a help and a hindrance. On the plus side, it seems to keep him on the edge and alert. On the minus side, it makes him do things by the Trump rule "twitter first, think later (if at all)".
Seriously, many others have said it, I will say it again: Elon has lawyers who can take care of any action that might be in order to be taken, if Elon really has undisputable evidence for what he claims. He doesn't need to, and imho shouldn't, personally put himself in such a dangerous position as to be attackable.
I can only iterate what happens over here, Tesla-wise: people don't see the benefits of the cars anymore, they see the irrationality of the man behind the company, some even seeing him as beginning to drift into madness. Not a good sign, and definitely not what Tesla needs at this crucial moment in time.

I think Elon should have really concentrated on what is important. From what I could gather from research, no one forced him to get involved.

Calling it right now. This will be played out as one of Elon's favorite film, Empire Strikes Back.

Judge: "What evidence do you have to support that Unsworth is a pedo?"
Elon: "I know Unsworth raped my step sister because...he...is my FATHER....!!"

How messed up would it be to find out that Musk actually paid people to go over there and investigate this guy just to back up his accusations? Did his detective infiltrate child sex rings and show Unsworth's photo around? Did you see this guy? Don't be afraid,
I'll pay for the information. Oh you saw him! Hello? Elon? Some kid identified Unsworth! We caught him red handed!

Elon Musk is a guy with a temperament, which can be a help and a hindrance. On the plus side, it seems to keep him on the edge and alert. On the minus side, it makes him do things by the Trump rule "twitter first, think later (if at all)".
Seriously, many others have said it, I will say it again: Elon has lawyers who can take care of any action that might be in order to be taken, if Elon really has undisputable evidence for what he claims. He doesn't need to, and imho shouldn't, personally put himself in such a dangerous position as to be attackable.
I can only iterate what happens over here, Tesla-wise: people don't see the benefits of the cars anymore, they see the irrationality of the man behind the company, some even seeing him as beginning to drift into madness. Not a good sign, and definitely not what Tesla needs at this crucial moment in time.

I think Elon should have really concentrated on what is important. From what I could gather from research, no one forced him to get involved.
You, my friend, should be working personally for Elon. I completely agree. Within Tesla there is much going wrong regarding communication

Reactions: neroden and GreenT
Doing the right thing only when it benefits you is the epitome of selfishness and self-centeredness.

You know what doing the right thing would have been for Elon? Keeping his mouth shut as to not alert that guy that someone was onto him. Then let law enforcement and jurisdiction do their jobs and arrest/prosecute/jail the guy - IF there was evidence and reason to do so.

Simply calling someone you don't really know personally and intimately a "pedo" and a "child rapist" - which in themselves are horrific acccusations - without providing any substantial evidence, is dangerous at best, and at the very least not the "right thing" to do.

Reactions: ZsoZso and neroden

It all seems pretty simple...
Unsworth: I think the sub was a PR Stunt, it wouldn't have worked, we had to get the kids out asap and we did, he can shove his sub up his rear end.

Musk: We offered an alternative and were asked to bring it there. It was not a PR stunt, I truly wanted to help save those kids. Unsworth's claims of our motives are unfounded. He deserves praise for what he did, but he can take his arrogant attitude and stick it up his rear end.

There you go, easy. make your point, tell him to stick it too, move on with life, never deal with this again.
:confused: But what do I know, I'm just some guy in an office.

I thought most had heard that Tesla wasn't going private.

Indeed. And while you're on the subject, that was another completely unneccessary and potentially dangerous Twitter foolishness of Elon, which now not only caused the stock to nosedive but also the SEC to investigate and possibly suits being filed against Tesla. Perfect timing! And all simply because the shorts were getting on his nerves and he wanted to give them a real big F U sign. Obviously worked a treat, just like in Unsworth's case... :rolleyes:

• Disagree
Reactions: WarpedOne