Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SO many of them have forgotten all the good and kind things he has done. Can anyone compile a list of positives Musk has been involved in so we can share? ie. Puerto Rico power install and the such
Would be useful to remind people who they're talking about.

SO many of them have forgotten all the good and kind things he has done. Can anyone compile a list of positives Musk has been involved in so we can share? ie. Puerto Rico power install and the such

i had someone tell me all they did in PR was put up batteries for a hospital to stay open and that’s it. they read that in the “news” and called that a publicity stunt at time as well. smh

Reactions: $Billyall
You apologize when you've been an ---hole and are clearly in the wrong. This is two guys having a 2 line hissy fit on Twitter, both equally clearly in the wrong. It would be an insult to human society to apologize.

Assuming Elon's claim is unfounded, when a powerful person spreads damaging lies about you to the entire world you probably could collect damages and demand a retraction. Vern was an a-hole, but Elon labeled him a particularly repulsive type of criminal. For the rest of his life a search of his name will come up with many results linking him with the word pedophile. Again, assuming that he is not, I'm not sure he would seek a quiet settlement. I wouldn't, would you?

The main one... "accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy and transportation".

• Love
Reactions: replicant
Its the nature of media to travel this well-worn path:
  1. Build them up
  2. Tear them down
  3. Tell the story of their redemption
It works because it sells papers, clicks, whatever. We are deep into step 2, so any positive stories will get drowned out. Assuming the Model 3 continues to ramp, give it 6 months and Elon will be a savior again because that story will also sell--how Elon weathered the dark days to make his vision reality. Perhaps the closest example the the rise/fall/rise of Jobs; although, Jobs seemed to not really give a fck what the "people" thought so does seem to have that advantage over Musk.

• Helpful
Reactions: Doit and Boomer19
Assuming Elon's claim is unfounded, when a powerful person spreads damaging lies about you to the entire world you probably could collect damages and demand a retraction. Vern was an a-hole, but Elon labeled him a particularly repulsive type of criminal. For the rest of his life a search of his name will come up with many results linking him with the word pedophile. Again, assuming that he is not, I'm not sure he would seek a quiet settlement. I wouldn't, would you?
Elon "spread damaging lies" in the same way the initial suggestion from the diver constituted rectal assault. If this guy feels his reputation was smeared, he has the entire judicial system at his disposal.

Apologies between men are for when you've clearly done someone wrong and were being an ---hole. Elon was just being an ---hole to another ---hole.

That thai guy looks like a pedo.

But Elon did nothing wrong

Earth's gravitational orbit has not stopped and life continues on.

People care too much and get emotionally hurt over nothing. Bunch of wimps. Continue on with your life

Model 3's pumping out full blast and we're still talking about 4 digital words Elon typed? Lol

This quora link lays out the sequence of events re Elon & the Thailand team exactly as I saw it unfold:

And I did see a lot of it first hand - the team in Thailand reached out to me on July 6th at 2am (their time, mid morning here) because they'd heard I could get them in touch directly w Elon. My five minutes of keyboard warrior gave me a front row seat to the events.

I'm only including this photo for the doubters who think I'm just making up stories to defend. The photo is extremely special to me, made the events very very real & at the time, I didn't know if it would be a painful reminder of the loss of many lives or something that made me smile. I'd like to say it makes me smile, but because of all the bad internet behavior, it's a reminder of the ugly side of the mob mentality.

He was NOT seeking out some free PR. He was doing everything asked that he could to help. And when he came up to catch a breath, he found he'd been turned into a pariah. Well done, internet. Well done.

Note to news orgs: You do not have my permission to use this photo.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 12.19.07 PM.png

Yes obviously that one I just meant specific smaller events in recent history that can be pinpointed.

I guess I meant that I think Elon’s direct and indirect contribution to sustainable energy and transportation is so great (in terms of actual effect on the environment and lives saved) that all of the charitable side projects in Puerto Rico, Flint, Thailand, etc and all of his charitable donations are just drops in the bucket.

This quora link lays out the sequence of events re Elon & the Thailand team exactly as I saw it unfold:

And I did see a lot of it first hand - the team in Thailand reached out to me on July 6th at 2am (their time, mid morning here) because they'd heard I could get them in touch directly w Elon. My five minutes of keyboard warrior gave me a front row seat to the events.

I'm only including this photo for the doubters who think I'm just making up stories to defend. The photo is extremely special to me, made the events very very real & at the time, I didn't know if it would be a painful reminder of the loss of many lives or something that made me smile. I'd like to say it makes me smile, but because of all the bad internet behavior, it's a reminder of the ugly side of the mob mentality.

He was NOT seeking out some free PR. He was doing everything asked that he could to help. And when he came up to catch a breath, he found he'd been turned into a pariah. Well done, internet. Well done.

Thank you Bonnie!

I guess I meant that I think Elon’s direct and indirect contribution to sustainable energy and transportation is so great (in terms of actual effect on the environment and lives saved) that all of the charitable side projects in Puerto Rico, Flint, Thailand, etc and all of his charitable donations are just drops in the bucket.
I understand that, you understand that, everybody here understands that but there are people who only know Elon from being a (horrible greedy) billionaire or that he's the guy dating Grimes, or he's the guy who makes his customers work under supposedly "horrible conditions". These are people that we need short quick answers to and fact list to show. That way the mob mentality that is currently being set upon Elon by those that would wish to see him fail wont affect future auto sales. As it is now it is most assuredly affecting brand recognition for Tesla.

thanks for this :)