Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again....who cares? The fewer fanboys the better IMO.

We're past the need for full Wall Street support and Elon will be completely in the clear once sustainable profitability hits. All the noise will then magically fade to nothing and he can start thinking about the next phase.

fanboys is one thing. he still needs the support of the shareholders (in general) otherwise the stock gets cut in half or worse. damage to reputation is a real thing, otherwise analysts wouldn’t be talking about it or expressing their concern. i know that what they say is grain of salt stuff, but if a major shareholder decided enough was enough, that wouldn’t be positive. so i think in general, elon/PR should try to stay positive in all public matters and use those tools to the same success they have up until the few disruptive events over the last 5-6 months. it’s been a hit...wouldn’t it be best tokeep it that way?

Investors like money, they don't really care who tweets what. We're destroying our own planet for money, what's a few tweets compared to that?

nothing, i agree.

but many people already assume that some of the stock price action is related to his commentson twtr - or maybe to word it better - the result of his comments on twtr.

to which we really don’t know the outcome of this end yet. the speculation you see in the media obviously tries to scare the sh!t out of longs.

but if they didn’t have that weapon to use, we’d still be hearing the same
old theories demand, profits, etc etc.

not as much about elon personally.

it’s a catch 22 for the longs now, makes it more difficult to navigate

This thread sure makes it easy to find the Elon / Tesla haters on the TMC investor threads section.

Also makes it easy to find the members of the cult of Elon, who believe he can do no wrong.

Elon obviously should have never made the baseless allegation.

He obviously should have given a more earnest and sincere apology after deleting the tweet.

And he obviously should not have doubled down over 7 weeks later with his tweets yesterday.

Anyone who can't agree with these statements doesn't deserve to participate in a serious investor forum, either.

He's the CEO of a 50B+ company. He will always have haters and downers. Other CEOs in his class have them too. They just deal with it.

Even megabulls agree:
Ross Gerber on Twitter
@elonmusk WTF get off twitter. Enough of the BS. Thanks. Your shareholders. $tsla #tesla

Again....who cares? The fewer fanboys the better IMO.

We're past the need for full Wall Street support and Elon will be completely in the clear once sustainable profitability hits. All the noise will then magically fade to nothing and he can start thinking about the next phase.

Uh? Exactly, that's why I wrote that only the hard core fanboys will remain. Who dare to defend Tesla against the worst lies anymore, expect the fanboys? Most of the fans are making things worst (look at the cultish comments on Elon's tweets...).

What matters is what neutral people would say about Tesla. When they start wishing Tesla bad things to make a billionaire pay for his hubris, things can go south quickly. Profitability won't fix that easily. "Tesla" (which is a brand, whatever Musk might think) has been seriously damaged, not because of the financial FUD but also because of all the bullshit that has been spread around about his boss but also about the company in general. Personally, I don't doubt one second that Model 3 (and Y, and Roadster, and Semi and everything) will be a huge success, but all the bad rap remains a big burden for Tesla's mission. I've been an active shareholder since 2012 so I know that, in the end, what matter is the technological and industrial achievements.

You can't just swept aside the distrust by the public (far away for Wall Street) as mere noise. Public relations is a real thing and has lasting effects on people. I'd recommend to watch The Century of the Self is you haven't done so yet.

Last edited:
We're destroying our own planet for money, what's a few tweets compared to that?

Are you so sure we're doing it "for money"? We don't have much money left when you account for the monetary cost of ecological collapse and climate change.

It really is a philosophical problem. We allow ourselves to seek $$$ over the future of our environment (and of life!) because we still believe that man is "in nature as a kingdom within a kingdom".

We fully embraced Descartes' idea of man who can "become masters and possessors of nature" and, although all scientific development since then have proven that Spinoza's idea is much more correct (cf. Ethics (Spinoza)/Part 3 - Wikisource, the free online library), we refuse to draw the inevitable conclusions.

The Pope did not wrote Laudato si' - Wikipedia' against money, but things will move after believes will have changed. Money only follows.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Disagree
Reactions: neroden and ZsoZso
If he knows the guy really is a pedophile and not just someone who fits the stereotype, he's had more than enough time by now to have shared what he knows with authorities, investigative reporters or even his own gumshoes and to be in a position to back up his allegation (because now it's no longer just a heat-of-the-moment putdown) with evidence or evidence of due process. Instead, he's yelling at his interlocutor on Twitter - a tech journalist (@yoda) - for not investigating his (Musk's) claim. This is the first time I've had to accept that Musk has a streak of Trump in him.

That's the thinking of a "common" man. Billionaires like Musk (and Trump that you obviously don't think much of) didn't get where they are by thinking like commoners. If/when they have a good hand they play the hand with the intend to get maximum advantage.
We will know soon.

I'm trying to be logical - you need to read Elon's tweets from yesterday, where he basically asks the twitter-troll if he did any investigation himself - "seeking truth" he referred to. And again, if he knows he has pending litigation, why would he make it potentially much worse - he's not that stupid, and the tweeting was in the middle of the morning, so unlikely he was on crack, or whatever.

If the media repeats 100s of times that "Elon lost it", people start believing it. That's the purpose of the prolonged attack going on for I don't know how long. Even some longs start subconsciously assume drug abuse ;-)

Btw, in case you didn't notice- this conversation was moved from the Market Action thread. Let's not cause another moderator to drop the gloves.

Reactions: SSonnentag
Uh? Exactly, that's why I wrote that only the hard core fanboys will remain. Who dare to defend Tesla against the worst lies anymore, expect the fanboys? Most of the fans are making things worst (look at the cultish comments on Elon's tweets...).

What matters is what neutral people would say about Tesla. When they start wishing Tesla bad things to make a billionaire pay for his hubris, things can go south quickly. Profitability won't fix that easily. "Tesla" (which is a brand, whatever Musk might think) has been seriously damaged, not because of the financial FUD but also because of all the bullshit that has been spread around about his boss but also about the company in general. Personally, I don't doubt one second that Model 3 (and Y, and Roadster, and Semi and everything) will be a huge success, but all the bad rap remains a big burden for Tesla's mission. I've been an active shareholder since 2012 so I know that, in the end, what matter is the technological and industrial achievements.

You can't just swept aside the distrust by the public (far away for Wall Street) as mere noise. Public relations is a real thing and has lasting effects on people. I'd recommend to watch The Century of the Self is you haven't done so yet.

For what is worth I agree - Elon needs to start thinking about the other brilliant people that work alongside him! He is not an island yet his words and opinions are seen as those of "TESLA" - not fair Elon - you have incredible people around you - let them guide you and keep this dream of yours alive! you are diminishing the reputation of the company as a whole - if you want to drive the electric car into the future with dignity and style, ... then how about trying that in your tweets - or better still leave that to your very capable teams! and take a vacation!

For what is worth I agree - Elon needs to start thinking about the other brilliant people that work alongside him! He is not an island yet his words and opinions are seen as those of "TESLA" - not fair Elon - you have incredible people around you - let them guide you and keep this dream of yours alive! you are diminishing the reputation of the company as a whole - if you want to drive the electric car into the future with dignity and style, ... then how about trying that in your tweets - or better still leave that to your very capable teams! and take a vacation!

Do you think that Elon reads any of what we post? Maybe he'll heed some of these free advice.

730446E6-5EE7-45CB-8E63-0951C450AF96.jpeg

604BDC90-DB6D-4DCC-916B-A124973FC99B.jpeg