Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have owned two model S and loved them. They have been the best cars I have ever owned. I planned to trade in the last one for a new one this fall and buy a model 3 for my wife.
BUT Musk's increasingly juvenile behavior made me change my mind--and last night's tweet about Paul Pelosi was the last straw. As an engineer and innovator Elon is at the top. BUT he has the maturity of a high school kid, who is deeply narcissistic and sadly pathetic. I will never buy another Tesla

Grade: Innovator/Enginner--A+ Grade: Functioning Adult--F

Grow up Elon, your childish behaviour is hurting sales.

Waltson
You said last night. Did he post another one or are you referencing the original tweet he deleted. I think that was Saturday night.

1667315487796.png

I hope Elon either plans to stop tweeting or has a way to keep the money coming in.

This statement is either very naive or disingenuous - methink I'm done with wasting time .. putting you on my ignore list ; (
I honestly cannot comprehend their relationship. I cannot think of a set of facts that makes it make sense. I think if you look at my posts regarding the merger agreement you will see that I had a pretty good understanding of everything else.

That’s our Elon.

Truth be told I think Twitter (as a user) is a relief valve for him more than anything. — It’ll be wild to see what he can actually do with it and possibly integrate with other ventures.

Problem: he needs to synergize and he needs Twitter to make a profit.

Solution: Create a "free" tier for Tesla's infotainment system where Elon's tweets are prominently displayed. Then a paid tier where this feature can be disabled.

Profit!

Problem: he needs to synergize and he needs Twitter to make a profit.

Solution: Create a "free" tier for Tesla's infotainment system where Elon's tweets are prominently displayed. Then a paid tier where this feature can be disabled.

Profit!
Do we get free supercharger credits for liking his tweets? Asking for a friend.

Not sure why you think people are absorbed in media or what that has to do with the impression of the Tesla brand.

But the point is your friends and spouse will buy a Tesla, but they likely would have already bought Tesla before. There is, however, there is a segment of people, who used to want a Tesla, that no longer want anything to do with Tesla. The market for Tesla is not as large as it could be and the Tesla brand has a tarnish that it does not need.

Moreover, many Tesla (Elon) fans have refused to recognize this needless damage to Tesla and hold a CEO accountable, this becoming enablers to further behavior.

Wife's car is a 2022 eTron GT (not an SUV), so nothing like a Model Y.

Sadly, it makes my Model S feel like a kit car.
I remember delivery times for a Model 3 was less than a month, Elon musk predicted total demand being about 500k a year, and this was with zero production from Shanghai, Austin, and Texas. We had zero Model Y production and Fremont barely makes 90k cars a quarter while the conpetition built nothing of importance. . The year was 2019, when Elon didn't say a thing about covid, was still voting Democrat, and the only controversial tweet was about a the cave guy and funding secured.

Fast forward to today, I see we have month long wait time with production x5 of the date of comparison, so I would really like to see some data on your demand collapse theory because of Elon.

If correlation = causation, I can make a better argument that Elon's tweet has caused more people to buy Teslas, not less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.