Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you find one place on the Internet that is not a community of Tesla/Elon/SpaceX fans where Elon is not collectively and actively hated, nowadays? Or should we presume that the silent majority is indifferent or support him?

I've been browsing many forums and communities, and there's never been more hate (but less FUD!) that today. In real life, people around me (family, friends, colleagues) are trying hard to avoid any discussion about Elon and his latest memes. It has become impossible for me to talk about Tesla (the mission, the products, the company) 😥

I'm glad TMC exists.

All I have to say is, if this is the kind of advertising we could expect, thank God Tesla hasn't done any.

Elon is just embarrassing at this point.
lol. the more memes he posts with "it's only $8 a month!!! starbucks costs the same" or flat out tells folks "just pay it!" ... the more desperate this attempt at a subscription revenue stream sounds. desperate times = desperate measures? ;) but then - all the folks who paid $$$ for FSD will very soon recoup that with their robotaxi rental revenue stream ;)

lol. the more memes he posts with "it's only $8 a month!!! starbucks costs the same" or flat out tells folks "just pay it!" ... the more desperate this attempt at a subscription revenue stream sounds. desperate times = desperate measures? ;) but then - all the folks who paid $$$ for FSD will very soon recoup that with their robotaxi rental revenue stream ;)
No, I think he just doesn’t like Sandy from the block.

The lamentations coming from those who were happy that Twitter was colluding with the DHS through Gadde are delicious.

"Twitter should be a bastion of free speech, like a digital town square...where you only get the best version and benefits if you fork over $8/month."

Ah, yes, the "both sides hate me and that's good" guy is pointing out pricing of campaign merchandise...of one side. Conveniently doesn't share the pricing of Trump's $38 t-shirts or $98 sweatshirts. But yeah, Elon is totally a centrist doing his best to piss off the far left and far right (we just never have any evidence of him doing it to the later).

Elon baring his whole a** for the world to see right now. What a clown.

"Twitter should be a bastion of free speech, like a digital town square...where you only get the best version and benefits if you fork over $8/month."

Ah, yes, the "both sides hate me and that's good" guy is pointing out pricing of campaign merchandise...of one side. Conveniently doesn't share the pricing of Trump's $38 t-shirts or $98 sweatshirts. But yeah, Elon is totally a centrist doing his best to piss off the far left and far right (we just never have any evidence of him doing it to the later).

Elon baring his whole a** for the world to see right now. What a clown.

Oh please. She threw the first bit of mud at Elon today. Fair game for him to point out her hypocracy.

The virtue signaling by this crowd is beyond rediculous.

EDIT - evidence of him pissing off the far right - Trump hates his guts, as a post in this thread earlier today proves.

But yeah, Elon is totally a centrist doing his best to piss off the far left and far right (we just never have any evidence of him doing it to the later).
Word is he’s meeting with all the bully organizations and warmonger projects under threat of collective advertisement boycotts. So there ya go.

As far as pissing off the “pro”gressives, it honestly isn’t hard to do since they’re always mad by default: He’s just kicking it up to 11.

• Disagree
Reactions: dm33 and Spacep0d
Oh please. She threw the first bit of mud at Elon today. Fair game for him to point out her hypocracy.

EDIT - evidence of him pissing off the far right - Trump hates his guts, as a post in this thread earlier today proves.

How is a politician raising funds for their campaign via merchandise hypocritical? Honestly, go to any politician's website. That's how much stuff costs (more, if you're Trump). How does that relate to the "digital town square" costing $8/month?

(There will be a free version, of course, but Elon is tweeting out you only get the "benefits" if you pay the $8/month.)

Word is he’s meeting with all the bully organizations and warmonger projects under threat of collective advertisement boycotts. So there ya go.

As far as pissing off the “pro”gressives, it honestly isn’t hard to do since they’re always mad by default: He’s just kicking it up to 11.

One "side" is happy Elon owns Twitter and one "side" is not. So, take that for what you will.

One "side" is happy Elon owns Twitter and one "side" is not. So, take that for what you will.
Little “l” libertarian here.

I honestly don’t care if it’s Elon or Voldemort who owns Twitter as long as they’re taking the megaphone and cudgel away from the establishment uniparty.

One side is just pissed that they don’t get to throttle the other unchecked with the blessing and guidance from the DHS.

Reactions: Rarity and Spacep0d

I hope Elon will give advice on how to raise funds for political campaigns in a place where there's no ceiling on money in politics, without having to beg to (and comprise with) billionaires.

Also, I'm glad to live in France where we put limits on political campaigns – although we're letting a few billionaires acquire all media and slowly own the political discourse (quickly going far right). We're definitely not diverging from the American trend that makes money the very last thing valuable in the townsquare…

What hypocrisy? Selling a product is different than charging for access to the "town square" and doesn't seem inline with his supposed dream of a place for everyone to practice free speech.

How is a politician raising funds for their campaign via merchandise hypocritical? Honestly, go to any politician's website. That's how much stuff costs (more, if you're Trump). How does that relate to the "digital town square" costing $8/month?

(There will be a free version, of course, but Elon is tweeting out you only get the "benefits" if you pay the $8/month.)

She still has access to the town square. It's "premium access" for that blue check mark.

False equivalency there, your analogy doesn't work out the way you want it to.

What hypocrisy? Selling a product is different than charging for access to the "town square" and doesn't seem inline with his supposed dream of a place for everyone to practice free speech.

Can you explain why you think the $8 for the blue check is not inline with free speech? Can someone who is not paying the subscription and loses the blue check no longer speak freely on Twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.