Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, most posts did not mention that until after I questioned one poster. The fact nobody was mentioning any of it after I’d read 50 pages was why I questioned the poster in the first place.

I’m okay with you thinking I don’t know what I’m talking about. Feel free to move on at any time.
Here you can search the mentions of H1B in this thread: Search results for query: H1b

The very first post regarding H1B's mentions the 60 days!
I feel bad for the H1B employees (who would need to find another sponsor in 60 days or leave the country).

Admittedly I didn't read every mention of H1B but none of the posts I read seem to imply literal slavery.

Musk makes his own news. For the last four months is been about 10% Tesla and 90% something else.

What happened to Master Plan 3? Where is the Cybertruck update? What about his comment that’s it’s all about scaling this year?

Getting on a conference call every three months doesn’t cut it. Other CEOs constantly engage large investors.

Especially when the stock performance has been dismal.
Stop it. He talks about Tesla and its path forward more than 4xs a year. He literally just had an interview earlier this month that was posted 83 times in the investor thread where he talked about Tesla’s future.

There was the huge CyberRodeo this year. AI day. Semi event is just around the corner. And numerous other interviews as well as the ERs, at which point I’ll now remind you that a bunch of people complain every single time that he’s on them. 😂🤣 It seems people can’t make up their minds just exactly what they want of him, they just know he’s never good enough for them or their portfolio.

Oh, and about that dismal stock price, which is actually over $2500/sh compared to an IPO of $17/sh, he’s addressed that in writing and verbally.

Let me paraphrase: I don’t care about the SP and if you don’t like volatility don’t buy our stock.

How much bigger of a flashing neon sign does an investor need? Either get on the ride and prepare to hang on for dear life or don’t get on. Simple.

Stop it. He talks about Tesla and its path forward more than 4xs a year. He literally just had an interview earlier this month that was posted 83 times in the investor thread where he talked about Tesla’s future.

There was the huge CyberRodeo this year. AI day. Semi event is just around the corner. And numerous other interviews as well as the ERs, at which point I’ll now remind you that a bunch of people complain every single time that he’s on them. 😂🤣 It seems people can’t make up their minds just exactly what they want of him, they just know he’s never good enough for them or their portfolio.

Oh, and about that dismal stock price, which is actually over $2500/sh compared to an IPO of $17/sh, he’s addressed that in writing and verbally.

Let me paraphrase: I don’t care about the SP and if you don’t like volatility don’t buy our stock.

How much bigger of a flashing neon sign does an investor need? Either get on the ride and prepare to hang on for dear life or don’t get on. Simple.
Do you work in sales? If not, you should.

It’s not a place YOU would want to work. You do not represent all other people nor, I’m guessing, the best. I can think of lots of motivating reasons someone would want to work there.

The less so company named Tesla had 3,000,000 applicants in the year period proceeding that announcement earlier this year. Twitter can be even less so than Tesla and will have plenty of interested parties. You won’t even have to wait that long to see that since Elon has already opened up hiring of new personnel. And, I guarantee Twitter will become profitable quicker than most people think it’s possible.
I'm not sure profitable is the right metric for success. Twitter was occasionally profitable before he bought it. The question is when it will it be worth more than what he paid for it?
The issue with recruiting people for Twitter is that people who want to sign up for a startup generally don't want to be saddled with a bunch of legacy code. The fun of a startup is building something from the ground up.

Last edited:
The issue with recruiting people for Twitter is that people who want to sign up for a startup generally don't want to saddled with a bunch of legacy code. The fun of a startup is building something the ground up.
I think they will end up rewriting most if it, and do a lot of new and interesting stuff, that no one has done before.

I also think at least some employees will get shares as part of their package.

Finally in about 4-7 years the company might be re-floated to improve the liquidity of employee shares.

If the company is re-floated. we will then have a public valuation.

My hunch is Elon would still own > 50% of the company, and get a chunk of his initial capital back.

Saw that, still pretty much aligns, per their description here:

"Antifa’s professed purpose is to vigorously oppose fascism. While some extreme actors who claim to be affiliated with antifa do engage in violence or vandalism at rallies and events, this is not the norm."

I claimed they had been infiltrated by anarchists, I stand by that assertion.
to. be 'infiltrated' there has to be an organization or structure. 'Antifa' as it were is defined by an ideology, not an actual organization. As such there's nothing to infiltrate. There may be some people who claim to align with 'Antifa' and espouse violence but since there's no organization or organizational structure 'Antifa' can't be infiltrated, nor can it 'advocate' violence.

157F4327-3609-41DB-AD47-C6E410B15732.jpeg

Attachments

• 1669091881941.png
    1669091881941.png
    234.3 KB · Views: 34
I'm not sure profitable is the right metric for success. Twitter was occasionally profitable before he bought it. The question is when it will it be worth more than what he paid for it?
The issue with recruiting people for Twitter is that people who want to sign up for a startup generally don't want to saddled with a bunch of legacy code. The fun of a startup is building something the ground up.
I can’t keep up with everyone’s different goalposts. Honestly. Now being profitable isn’t the correct metric? 🤦‍ If the company makes money hand over fist (yes, that kind of profit) wouldn’t it stand to reason it’ll end up being more valuable than what he paid for it? If he realizes just half of his vision for it, it’ll be worth substantially more.

So many other assumptions you’ve made.

Only people who want to work in a start up are going to apply!? But nobody said this was a start up. But it has to be a start up or nobody will want to work there!?

Who says Elon won’t redo the code? How many times did Tesla’s autopilot team start over? Three times from scratch at last count I think, and multiple times in part.

I don’t get the lack of creative thought. The inability to see beyond what’s right in front of the nose.

The Twitter before he took over will cease to exist. He’s going to change it. Drastically. And that change started with unloading most of the employees and now hiring different people, many with different skill sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.