Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 100% sure that no one here talking about 4chan has ever been to 4chan.
Went to 4chan for the first time. Clicked on sports (I like the NBA). This is exactly what is displayed and it doesn't get better when I scroll down the page. Not worth $44 billion. This is actually far worse than I imagined. /sp/ - Sports - 4chan
1652394866364.png

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Well, first off Elon has said he won't allow anonymous posting on Twitter.
Dude, how do you get that so completely wrong? You even thumbed up my post quoting Elon about being anonymous

Last edited:
Same cluelessness that made him try making reusable rockets or starting an electric car company. Imo what made Tesla and the rest of his companies succeed is that rather than knowing how things work they run small experiments, iterate fast, are not afraid to break things and design an organization for quick iterations. And Musk’s stubbornness to not accept “because that’s the way it has to be done” for an answer at technical meetings.

Mainstream media and politicians are terrified of being wrong. They will make vague statements that cannot be falsifiable, they will never admit that they were wrong even when they do 180 turns on their policies and anyone who says different must be an extremists or some other bad word. It’s all about projecting a confident image, not about being less wrong over time.

It’s all about projecting a confident image, not about being less wrong over time.
The reason is at least partially that biological human incentives favor the former and not the latter. Admitting your faults, explaining nuance in decision making, etc. don't play well to large groups of people. Embracing nuance pays off in the long run and is a better strategy for "being less wrong over time," but immediate confidence is more appealing to most people in the moment. It's cognitively less taxing to be told the absolute answer rather than the probabilistic reasoning behind why one choice is statistically better than the other.

Same cluelessness that made him try making reusable rockets or starting an electric car company. Imo what made Tesla and the rest of his companies succeed is that rather than knowing how things work they run small experiments, iterate fast, are not afraid to break things and design an organization for quick iterations. And Musk’s stubbornness to not accept “because that’s the way it has to be done” for an answer at technical meetings.

Mainstream media and politicians are terrified of being wrong. They will make vague statements that cannot be falsifiable, they will never admit that they were wrong even when they do 180 turns on their policies and anyone who says different must be an extremists or some other bad word. It’s all about projecting a confident image, not about being less wrong over time.
Would he have been successful if he had bought Lockheed Martin?

Reactions: mtndrew1
This tweet seems particularly relevant to the discussion above, and IMO also is the primary issue with platforms such as Twitter where the vast majority of tweets are sound-bites (including Elon's) that fall into the bottom two categories:

Continuing on this since IMO this comment falls in the middle of the spectrum above, I'm not sure how one can state this with a straight face, unless you are getting your news from a biased source. All the drama that I can see is being caused by other politicians, in particular the ones on the right, not Biden. He has been relatively boring and not done anything significantly controversial.

This Twitter deal... I don't even know quite how to express this... Is the only time I've been bewildered by Elon's moves. First time frustrated over not being smart enough to make sense of his tactics.

Is he posturing for a better deal? Did he come to an agreement with Parag and now he's walking away with confidence the changes he wants will be made? Did he just change his mind? I can't even come up with a fun conspiracy theory to make my favorite.

Maybe he's realizing it's not a good deal after all.

• Informative
Reactions: bkp_duke

I couldn't help but note what happened to Reuters' article text in his link.
The actual article says "Twitter Inc(TWTR.N)estimated ..." and they removed the ticker.

It’s not.
Twitter has not been profitable, it wont be and then there's the fallout for Tesla.
Huge, huge cost with really no pluses.

But…. The fanboys will insist “He’s playing thee dimensional chess!” And come up with some wild theory to explain how this is all rational, and, actually, genius.

Reactions: 2Pearls and JRP3
Status
Not open for further replies.