Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No.
But I’m not the richest person in the world. :p
And there is a quiet sort of pragmatism that we Joe schmoes have (I’m not super rich either) that these people don’t.

I have dealt with many an investor in my life (as an entrepreneur) and many of them have giant egos that sometimes get in the way of rational decision making.

Thank god I am not super rich. 😅

Elon is reusing the same dialogues (even down to the last word) at Twitter he tried at Tesla and SpaceX according to NYT. He is smart right? How does he not know Twitter is completely different from Tesla and SpaceX? A rational person would have changed his game to meet the conditions on the ground. But no. Why? Hubris!

Last edited:
Pretty sure he’s just characterizing a trade group, Global Alliance for Responsible Media, as a woke mind virus or whatever.
I’m just going with his exact quote - he did not indicate the companies asked him to keep things sane. In any case, as is the norm, he was intentionally ambiguous. All we know is he claims it was a “large coalition of political/social activist groups.” It does seem like he could have been referring to GARM, an extension of the woke-mind virus.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Round 2. Is this real or a joke ?

1669168990286.png

Have you ever heard the phrase “The customer is always right”?
Advertisers are Twitter’s customers. Or at least they were, it will be interesting to see if subscriptions can make up for lost revenue.
And you know Elon doesn’t believe that as he’s banned people from being able to purchase a Tesla.

There is such a thing as a bad customer. No company needs to deal with the likes of those people.

Musk could easily ride out the actions of "the large coalition" since he exists and "the large coalition" is some Fox news fantasy, but that would require actually thinking before one tweets, and he obviously does not want to do that.
I think he is talking about “Stop the deal”. It was some kind of activists / lobbyists who told advertisers to ask questions of Twitter for which they had no answer in some ad convention earlier this year.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Who here thinks that a GOP POTUS today would do it? Remember even today Bush is a RINO just like Cheney.

For all his faults, Trump didn't try to GET IN THE WAY of Elon. Biden has threatened to investigate Elon's companies, ignored him, outright lied and said a competitor (GM) "led the way".

I'll take non-interference over that BS.

For all his faults, Trump didn't try to GET IN THE WAY of Elon. Biden has threatened to investigate Elon's companies, ignored him, outright lied and said a competitor (GM) "led the way".

I'll take non-interference over that BS.
Jeez Duke, you really gotta go back and watch all five seasons of The Wire, if you think Biden has anything against Elon. It's not personal. It's just business.

I can't help but think that having the popup was a prior business decision, not an insurmountable programming obstacle. I think it's great to have it gone, cuz I don't want a Twitter account and it's easier to read this way. But as a way of guaranteeing that I'll never be monetizable on the platform, it works even better!
(Pro tip to George: you just had to click the "sign up" button, and then close that window and the popup disappeared)

Was it on this thread that an annoying person doubted my assertion that various Silicon Valley engineers were volunteering to work for Elon to help clean up Twitter’s code? Anyways, here’s another example:

I wasn't directly part of it, but vaguely recalled Hotz being the only example that was raised at the time and it's not a secret Hotz is an Elon fan (he is one of the few people in the industry that believes Tesla will be the first to reach L5). Raising another example of the same person doesn't exactly make the case there are lots of engineers volunteering.

Last edited:
Was it on this thread that an annoying person doubted my assertion that various Silicon Valley engineers were volunteering to work for Elon to help clean up Twitter’s code? Anyways, here’s another example:

This is the only guy. Haha.
And as I pointed out he’s removing a feature that was added to force people to log in (to make Twitter money).

Status
Not open for further replies.