Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to file this under she's probably not the real Justine. Looking at her feed its very anti Musk and pretty much going against everything Musk stands for today. Also she's very politically vocal. Very different than her Ted talk which was positive on Musk and not politically charged.

"Stay ****ing Woke" was posted yesterday, doesn't match her character.
Says she joined twitter in 2008 so if it's fake someone has been doing it for a very long time. I'm going to file it under it's probably the real Justine and entirely in character.

But of course haters point to hearsay as evidence against Elon while ignoring his main point that he feels no mercy for Alex Jones.
But - how does that square with his overall point about "free speech" ?

So now it matters whether Elon "deeply cares" about some things because of his personal experiences. Isn't that same for others ?

Will he silence people who spread fake anti-AGW agenda because he deeply cares about Climate Change ?

But - how does that square his overall point about "free speech" ?

So now it matters whether Elon "deeply cares" about some things because of his personal experiences. Isn't that same for others ?

i think the evidence is clear that "Free Speech Absolutism" was nothing but a smoke-screen. Elon is perfectly happy to ban non-abusive voices that he doesn't happen to like, and instead of freeing Twitter from political bias he is making it into exactly the thing he claimed he was there to fix.

yeah.

Advertisers have clearly told Elon that their main concern is content moderation under the new regime.

Elon responds by attacking them, and saying that he plans to literally unblock every hate speecher, abuser, mis-informationer that Twitter ever found reason to lock out.

Exactly what do you figure that'll do to advertiser confidence in wanting their brand on the platform in the near term?

And when the inevitable "Oh, I didn't really mean release ALL the horrible abusers on Twitter, just well, some of them, the ones I like mostly, so why is everyone upset?" reversal comes.... again where do you figure Advertiser confidence will be?

Twitter is now taking down anti-fascist researchers. Loder's painstaking research identifying a Proud Boy who attacked police on Jan 6 was cited by the DOJ.

Musk's Twitter has gone full fascist. Excuse me, I mean anti-woke.

This'll be great for advertisers. Their corn flakes ads can appear between anti-vaxxer posts and various white nationalists' musings.

Being non-hysterical doesn't make one a cultist, but nice try.

Fair enough, just as calling for Board involvement to reign in repeated, unnecessary inflammatory public comments doesn’t make one hysterical. And if the tweets haven’t been so bad, why were they deleted? Or is that the part of some master plan? 🙄

Let's not defend this person, please - Chad Loder (@[email protected]). Why allow somebody on a platform who wants nothing more but to tear it and its new owner down? And who wants to abolish the police, for that matter. What a dumb slogan and idea and incredibly disrespectful to hardworking law enforcement officers putting their lives on the line to protect "you people". The same people who seem to lack any understanding or empathy of what it must be like being Elon at the moment trying to turn things around at Twitter. Honestly, you need to take a few breaths and a few steps back and stop jumping all over Elon on this.

Last edited:
Musk's Twitter has gone full fascist. Excuse me, I mean anti-woke.

This'll be great for advertisers. Their corn flakes ads can appear between anti-vaxxer posts and various white nationalists' musings.

Sure sounds like the moderate-centrist heaven Elon promised us :)

Thank god there won't be any studious Jan 6 material mixed in - that would have been horrific so free speech doesn't extend to that particular topic

Last edited:
Let's not defend this person, please - Chad Loder (@[email protected]). Why allow somebody on a platform who wants nothing more but to tear it and its new owner down? You people seem to lack any understanding or empathy of what it must be like being Elon at the moment trying to turn things around at Twitter. Honestly, you need to take a few breaths and a few steps back and stop jumping all over Elon on this.
I didn't see anything ban worthy at all.

What TOS has he violated? Or are you just admitting that there are no actual rules other than if you say something Elon doesn't like?

We don't know if Elon was directly responsible for this ban, how long the ban lasts for or what is behind it. I'm just sick of people jumping on Elon and defending people with the kind of toxic and destructive attitude that this person shows. He clearly had an interest in seeing Twitter fail and seemed content to spread possible misinformation. I'm sure there is plenty we can't see publicly, but again - stop jumping to conclusions and attacking Elon. I'm surprised with the lack of understanding and empathy that's being shown on this thread - would love to see you try to survive a week in Elon's shoes.

Could we ask the 4D chess genius to simply not send the obviously-wrong-headed tweets in the first place, or is that level of self control off the table at such elevated intelligence?
92881463-567D-4BE3-B56F-D7B9234790C4.jpeg

Let's not defend this person, please - Chad Loder (@[email protected]). Why allow somebody on a platform who wants nothing more but to tear it and its new owner down? And who wants to abolish the police, for that matter. What a dumb slogan and idea and incredibly disrespectful to hardworking law enforcement officers putting their lives on the line to protect "you people". The same people who seem to lack any understanding or empathy of what it must be like being Elon at the moment trying to turn things around at Twitter. Honestly, you need to take a few breaths and a few steps back and stop jumping all over Elon on this.

Be careful, facts may get in the way of the narrative that some here are trying to weave . . .

We don't know if Elon was directly responsible for this ban, how long the ban lasts for or what is behind it. I'm just sick of people jumping on Elon and defending people with the kind of toxic and destructive attitude that this person shows. He clearly had an interest in seeing Twitter fail and seemed content to spread possible misinformation. I'm sure there is plenty we can't see publicly, but again - stop jumping to conclusions and attacking Elon. I'm surprised with the lack of understanding and empathy that's being shown on this thread - would love to see you try to survive a week in Elon's shoes.
Note that wanting to see Twitter fail is not a violation of the TOS in its current form (although that may change next week). Having such a ban however doesn't jive with "free speech" though, so if that is introduced it would contradict with the idea.

Spreading misinformation may be, but people in this discussion so far have not posted evidence of that account doing so. However Elon already said he was doing general amnesty next week, very clearly including those that were known to spread misinformation. A very prominent account that was proven to spread misinformation had been restored recently, even ahead of such general amnesty, so if the subject account is not restored by then, I think it shows pretty clearly the policy is not being applied fairly.

Note that saying a particular account should not be banned is not the same as saying you support the views of that account. There is a famous phrase: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I guess we'll see what happens next week.

People misremember events all the time but particularly traumatic events. Parents having to endure the death of a child goes beyond traumatic.

Put a dozen people at the scene of an accident or crime and every single person will remember something different.

Not too long ago I heard a shooting incident at my condo facility. Of a dozen ‘witnesses’, I was the only one to tell police there were 4 gunshots. Every other person said 3. Guess what, police decided to double check the area again and found the fourth shell. Finding that fourth shell corroborated my neighbor involved in the shooting’s story.

I find it interesting that those being vocally against Elon in this thread are quick to assume he’s the one always lying even in the face of a bunch of proven fake articles and tweets against him. And no, Elon isn’t immune to not being able to identify fact from fiction all the time.

The real ‘wow’ moment here is not that two people who lived a child’s tragic death remember final moments differently, but that people are camping out on Twitter looking for every opportunity to find something to criticize Elon about. Go find something productive to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.