Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The real ‘wow’ moment here is not that two people who lived a child’s tragic death remember final moments differently, but that people are camping out on Twitter looking for every opportunity to find something to criticize Elon about. Go find something productive to do.
He’s getting the “Donald” treatment. Won’t be long before he has regular (and paid) reply guys like that Jeff Tiedrich loser.

Note that wanting to see Twitter fail is not a violation of the TOS in its current form (although that may change next week). Having such a ban however doesn't jive with "free speech" though, so if that is introduced it would contradict with the idea.

Spreading misinformation may be, but people in this discussion so far have not posted evidence of that account doing so. However Elon already said he was doing general amnesty next week, very clearly including those that were known to spread misinformation. A very prominent account that was proven to spread misinformation had been restored recently, even ahead of such general amnesty, so if the subject account is not restored by then, I think it shows pretty clearly the policy is not being applied fairly.

Note that saying a particular account should not be banned is not the same as saying you support the views of that account. There is a famous phrase: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I guess we'll see what happens next week.

Elon-worshippers seem to be living on the hope that it's all just a huge coincidence, but it sure looks like friends-of-Elon-and-hard-right folk are actively getting helped while the opposite is true of even very moderate folks on the "other" side. Not quite sure how you spin that as "free speech", "centrist" or "Elon's not doing it"

Last edited:

Someone already had to eat crow due to their prediction of twitter collapse, I expect this will be an on-going occurrence in the next 12 months since different detractors predicted different collapse time. In the end this will be the largest crow eating exercise in human history so much so that we ought to declare crow an endangered species, and it will prove once and for all how stupid it is to bet against Elon Musk.
Twitter (or any other site for that matter) is unlikely to collapse in the near timeframe. But going on life support and going offline completely are two different things.

Twitter is now taking down anti-fascist researchers. Loder's painstaking research identifying a Proud Boy who attacked police on Jan 6 was cited by the DOJ.

Elon doesn't get the whole free speech thing. This more than anything else shows that he just doesn't get it:

So what? Sure, Alex Jones broke the law. He lost his defamation trial too and got penalized for doing it. But free speech means that people are allowed to say things that you personally find disgusting. Which includes "using the deaths of children for gain, politics, or fame". But if he actually believes in free speech and Twitter being unbiased, then he shouldn't be the one dictating what type of speech is allowed and what is not -- the government has legal processes to go after people that violate the law and defame others, as Alex Jones found out. One guy who does get what free (as in freedom) means is Linus Torvalds, who was repeatedly asked what he thought about people using Linux for DRM. His reply was that "I also don't necessarily like DRM myself, but I still ended up feeling the same: I'm an "Oppenheimer", and I refuse to play politics with Linux, and I think you can use Linux for whatever you want to - which very much includes things I don't necessarily personally approve of." That's also the proper response for someone who believes private companies shouldn't be dictating what type of speech is allowed and what is not.

I don’t know what that means.
Nonstop negative media coverage by mainstream sources and their affiliates either by obfuscation/omission, misleading interpretation and or outright fabrications.

They still get their clicks and first view even if they have to retract down the road. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Edit: Like him or not, anyone with common sense can see it.

Last edited:
9D4FC82A-0623-4DF9-8F65-7AAE32BE0649.jpeg

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Elon Derangement Syndrome?
“They hate us cuz they ain’t us”

I don’t think any of us here that own a Tesla or TSLA stock are where we are in life because we settled for what was just given to us.

I’m willing to bet some of us came from quite humble beginnings and said to ourselves every day “It doesn’t have to be this way”

Don’t be a hater, be a crusader.

Last edited:
People misremember events all the time but particularly traumatic events. Parents having to endure the death of a child goes beyond traumatic.

Put a dozen people at the scene of an accident or crime and every single person will remember something different.

Not too long ago I heard a shooting incident at my condo facility. Of a dozen ‘witnesses’, I was the only one to tell police there were 4 gunshots. Every other person said 3. Guess what, police decided to double check the area again and found the fourth shell. Finding that fourth shell corroborated my neighbor involved in the shooting’s story.

I find it interesting that those being vocally against Elon in this thread are quick to assume he’s the one always lying even in the face of a bunch of proven fake articles and tweets against him. And no, Elon isn’t immune to not being able to identify fact from fiction all the time.

The real ‘wow’ moment here is not that two people who lived a child’s tragic death remember final moments differently, but that people are camping out on Twitter looking for every opportunity to find something to criticize Elon about. Go find something productive to do.
After @bkp_duke post I decided to take the most charitable possible and give him the benefit of the doubt.
I refuse to think he lied deliberately about this.

After @bkp_duke post I decided to take the most charitable possible and give him the benefit of the doubt about this.
I refuse to think he lied deliberately about this.

Technically, they both could be correct. Didn't Elon say he felt the last heartbeat in his hands, and she said he took the last breath in hers? The heart continues to beat, even in infants, for dozens of seconds to 1-2 minutes after breathing ceases.

I think he wants a fresh start by unbanning everyone who was banned under Twitter 1.0, and go from there. A way to get rid of the remnants of the old Twitter culture, and also much more efficient and faster than having to look at every decision made over the past 10 years and having to judge whether a life sentence was deserved or not. I even think that task is humanly impossible.

After the fresh start accounts can be banned again, but only if they violate less strict rules, which is what Elon stipulated in his poll:

Except that decidedly not what he’s been doing.

Nonstop negative media coverage by mainstream sources and their affiliates either by obfuscation/omission, misleading interpretation and or outright fabrications.

They still get their clicks and first view even if they have to retract down the road. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Edit: Like him or not, anyone with common sense can see it.
Coverage of Elon was generally positive until he went bat **** crazy.
Technically, they both could be correct. Didn't Elon say he felt the last heartbeat in his hands, and she said he took the last breath in hers? The heart continues to beat, even in infants, for dozens of seconds to 1-2 minutes after breathing ceases.
Nothing prevents two people from holding the same child at the same time.

Required Reading for ***EVERYONE***:

Go back and read the past 3 or 4 dozen posts. That's the minimum; for extra credit you may double or even triple that.

How many of them have presented interesting, new, insightful information?
How many of them have made ==>THIS OWN thread<== a better place?
How many of them have been a rehash or even a verbatim repetition of something you, that poster or a third party has said 1X, 10X or 30X before?

How many of them do not belong here?

Or Justine could be misremembering the incident. Or deliberately lying due to bitterness about Elon. Or not the owner of that unverified Twitter account.

I don't know which is true, and I see no need to rush to judgment without more evidence. I do know, after observing Elon's actual words and deeds for years, that deliberate lying does not fit his pattern.

Or Justine could be misremembering the incident. Or deliberately lying due to bitterness about Elon.
That's why I think the hypothesis that both of them were holding the child has a pretty good chance of being true. They're both sad about the loss of their child and yet both of them deliberately do not mention the ex who was also there at the time; they both want to focus on the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.