Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you explain the multiple documented bannings of Jan 6 investigators and antifa personalities while at the same time their polar opposites are specifically manually re-instated? It sure doesn't look like anyone is enforcing a uniform code of conduct vs just favoring one political slant which was what Elon claimed he was there to get rid of...
I can't explain it, because I don't have a list of all of the people banned, when and why they are banned.

IMO this is like "EV car fires", we hear about cars catching fire, for context we need statistics on the rate of fires.

Belonging it a particular side of politics should not be a reason for banning. If that is the policy, it is counter to what Elon claims to want to achieve.

A general amnesty should apply equally to all that is the next test. If one side of politics remains banned ,while bans are lifted on the other side during the amnesty then that is definite evidence. But I would prefer statistics to anecdotes where possible.

I can't explain it, because I don't have a list of all of the people banned, when and why they are banned.

IMO this is like "EV car fires", we hear about cars catching fire, for context we need statistics on the rate of fires.

Belonging it a particular side of politics should not be a reason for banning. If that is the policy, it is counter to what Elon claims to want to achieve.

A general amnesty should apply equally to all that is the next test. If one side of politics remains banned ,while bans are lifted on the other side during the amnesty then that is definite evidence. But I would prefer statistics to anecdotes where possible.

Given there are lots of examples of banned-left-leaning-people, lots of examples of re-instated-right-leaning-people, and pretty much zero of the reverse... doesn't it seem just a little bit suspect?

How credulous should we be? Why are re-instatements being done without Elon's promised independent review board with well researched rules of conduct?

Why should we all sit mute under the umbrella of "well, sure it totally looks like bias but we can't be absolutely certain of it since Twitter is not allowing any form of transparancy and we should not judge unless we have absolutely every single case carefully documented"

Several times I have tried to add a comment to this thread and it has been closed. Has it really been closed or have I been blocked without notice?

It was closed for a while, and now appears re-opened. I suppose we should take that as a hint to lean towards well reasoned debate vs name calling.

Here- I'll try:

One of the most interesting things I see in Elon's Twitter work is that it's incredibly US-centric. He's manually re-instating just US personalities, from the US far right, and seems rather uninterested in the rest of Twitters very global footprint other than his occasional wanderings into Ukrainian subjects - but again mostly from a US viewpoint.

Twitter is a major tool across the Arab world, in South America, and many other places. What does applying Elon's "Free speech something-ism" to those places mean, and has he even thought about it?

Given there are lots of examples of banned-left-leaning-people, lots of examples of re-instated-right-leaning-people, and pretty much zero of the reverse... doesn't it seem just a little bit suspect?
It seems suspect, but I also wonder what "lots of examples" adds up to...

Are we talking 100s, 1000s, 10,000s?

If anecdotes get into the 1000s, or perhaps even the 100s, that is more reason to be suspicious.

If this level of bias was comprehensively proven, then a lot more users and advertisers would leave Twitter and they would be fully justified in making that decision,

If anecdotes get into the 1000s, that is more reason to be suspicious.

Rather than just doubting what data we have, and asking for greater sample size, could you address that there are ZERO examples of left-leaning voices being re-instated against LOTS of big famous far right ones?

Demanding thousands of examples seems like... a stalling/excusing/denial tactic

I would imagine if just one sample going the other way shows up, you'd be declaring case-closed vs waiting for thousands, right?

I would imagine if just one sample going the other way shows up, you'd be declaring case-closed vs waiting for thousands, right?
No I don't think a handful of short term events necessarily constitutes hard evidence either way.

Should hard evidence eventually exist then Elon has been proven more foolish than I expect, I know he is foolish on occasions, But being very stubbornly foolish for a long period of time, for no real gain, is something I don't think I have seen before.

Why in the world would Musk attack Alexander Vindman and then delete his tweet? I think it says something rather ugly about Musk, do you agree?
Because it's pretty clear that Elon has surrounded himself with alt-right loons. By default he takes whatever they tell him as truth. Sometimes he later retracts particularly egregious crap when called on it. He seems unaware of who Vindman actually is or what he's done, just that somebody he trusts told him that Vindman is bad.

It's hard to tell anything about what Elon actually thinks, as he seems to have been fed a pile of idiocy, considers it true, and reasons from there.

Truly sad to watch. I wonder if he can self-correct in time.

Why in the world would Musk attack Alexander Vindman and then delete his tweet? I think it says something rather ugly about Musk, do you agree?

Not necessarily: he may simply have seen the new "Community Notes" comments on his tweet and decided he was wrong - typical Elon, opinionated, but quick to agree and do a 180 if convinced he was wrong. Did same about Paul Pelosi BTW

Or he has to be mindful, playing a 6D game ..

Not necessarily: he may simply have seen the new "Community Notes" comments on his tweet and decided he was wrong - typical Elon, opinionated, but quick to agree and do a 180 if convinced he was wrong. Did same about Paul Pelosi BTW

Impulsive posting of dumb stuff doesn't surprise me.

‘Extinction is on the table’: Jaron Lanier warns of tech’s existential threat to humanity

People survive by passing information between themselves,” Lanier, 61, told the Guardian in an interview. “We’re putting that fundamental quality of humanness through a process with an inherent incentive for corruption and degradation. The fundamental drama of this period is whether we can figure out how to survive properly with those elements or not.” The exaggerated focus on Twitter in recent months after its chaotic take over by billionaire Elon Musk follows longstanding concerns about Facebook and others, including state actors. He mentions “psychological operatives” working for Vladimir Putin and the Chinese communist state apparatus. All of them are filtering or promoting information for their own gains. In short, the web is not a free market of information as originally envisioned. It is a gamed system being rampantly abused.

well that is clear. Musk got under fire.
He then accused in the (now deleted) Tweet, "who pulls Vindmans strings".
Another nail in the coffin of self perception and neutrality for the head of Twitter.
I just don´t understand this endless urge to defend himself. The sum of it looks like unnecessary justification instead of sovereignity.
"Let them talk"

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-28 um 14.29.01.jpg

Last edited:

If anecdotes get into the 1000s, or perhaps even the 100s, that is more reason to be suspicious.

If this level of bias was comprehensively proven, then a lot more users and advertisers would leave Twitter and they would be fully justified in making that decision,
My permanent suspension for replying to GOP candidate Josh Mandel call to do not comply to vaccine mandates in summer 2021 is still in place. The anti-semetic tweet and video from Josh Mandel is still up.

Deletion is not apology. He should have apologized particularly to the Pelosi's.

Like it or not, Tesla is becoming a subsidiary of 'Musk Enterprises.' Instead of 14 startups within Tesla, there are now potentially twice that many if you include Twitter.

If you grew up a hundred years ago who would be the most powerful people in town? The owner of the newspaper, banker, big retailer, head of a local industry/union boss and maybe the mayor? Tesla is the local industry/union boss but Twitter is the newspaper, banker, retailer and mayor ... all in one. Only a genius can understand all the synergies that may accrue to Tesla from the Twitter acquisition. I am not that guy, but I'm smart enough to know that once operational, nobody with anything to lose will want to mess with Elon.

While we are a separate company from Twitter, SpaceX, Boring and Neuralink, I want Elon to share resources (when appropriate) so that we may all benefit from our unofficial membership in Musk Enterprises.
This hinges on the idea that Twitter is valuable and not a mature social media site that Musk tried to back out of buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.