Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you listen to what Elon said on Twitter space, all of this "Elon is doing this and that" are all in your head. He haven't even read much of the Twitter files but just got some snip bits of a summery. His time is limited to getting Twitter to profitability, adding features and figuring out ways to crush bots.

So why not open the Twitter Files to everyone? Or at least any journalist who asks?

So why not open the Twitter Files to everyone? Or at least any journalist who asks?
Pretty sure they want to form a narrative that Twitter 1.0 was colluding with election campaign which resulted in nonsensical bans and unfair treatments. You release a bunch of random emails to the press and they will form their own narrative which will muddy the waters. They are already trying to muddy the waters. Left are saying "Biden wasn't the president, Trump was and Musk exposed that the administration was the breaking 1st amendment, also the deleted tweets were dick picks". Then you have the right saying "Biden's administration colluded with left leaning Twitter to win an illegitimate presidency".

The actual point of the twitter file is that BOTH sides were exerting their power and influence on a speech platform to mold public opinions. This is something MSM does and has infiltrated into social media. And because most employees at twitter are left leaning, we should not trust that they wouldn't play favorite for one side vs the other. Musk will make it as transparent as possible going forward if they are going to pull the same crap again. There will be no one side having the ability to silence or censor speech going forward.

If you listen to what Elon said on Twitter space, all of this "Elon is doing this and that" are all in your head. He haven't even read much of the Twitter files but just got some snip bits of a summery. His time is limited to getting Twitter to profitability, adding features and figuring out ways to crush bots.
LOL.

Its simple - what is the policy and how is it being implemented ? What is the process.

If the old management was the "problem" - how is the new one any better ?

Here is the problem. Elon is literally going by the "mood of the moment". There is simply no uniform policy.

If Swastika, the symbol is incitement for violence - why are any number of other symbols of equally historically horrible associations not symbol of violence (say the confederate flag). Seems to me he banned a particularly loathsome "hate speech" ... but wants to couch it in some kind of policy terms.

Absolutely. I'm hardly upset that Kanye got banned, but it seems to me that his "death con3 on Jews" tweet was far closer to an incitement to violence.

Absolutely. I'm hardly upset that Kanye got banned, but it seems to me that his "death con3 on Jews" tweet was far closer to an incitement to violence.
Yes - afterall - Swastika per say is an ancient symbol and without context is neutral. (I know the Nazi symbol is the other way round).

1670122749979.png

Yes - afterall - Swastika per say is an ancient symbol and without context is neutral. (I know the Nazi symbol is the other way round).

View attachment 881223
Yeah, Elon is getting a crash course in the difficulties of moderating a social media site like Twitter. He's a quick study on most subjects, so I'm really hoping that there isn't a mass proliferation of hate speech. Ultimately he's going to have to hire/rehire a capable moderation team. He just doesn't have the time resources or capacity to do it all himself.

During a hostile take over, if you are not on board then you get the F out, public or private, It's a restructuring event, employees should understand what that means. If Elon was happy with what your company culture was before or what you were doing before, then he wouldn't have taken it over.
So you’re saying businessmen take over companies which they dislike, not the ones they like? Makes sense. \s

Sure we don't know what happened. So our bias will interpret this event in different way. Some will say he did it because he is a small vindictive narcissist who hate people who disagree with him. That's possible. So will say that he sees workers as vectors and he thinks companies work better when the workers' vectors point in the same direction. That's possible. Some will say that he fired them because they were not good enough. Etc etc. We don't know, but we should be honest that our own bias version of what happened will not convince anyone of a different bias. The only way to actually become better is to make predictions, see what happens and then backpropagate errors. So did Apple pull their ads from twitter? Did twitter crash? Are mDAUs down? Some people have some backpropagation to do or maybe their gradient descent function is not very good. As I will try to learn from me being overly optimistic about FSD timeline multiple times.

I think the point of all this and your own comment is you're just as biased as all of us are honestly. You, like me and everyone else view things through their/own lens which is all fine and good and pretty much human nature. We're all a product of our environment/upbringing, whatever. Point again is you're just as biased too and I think we should admit it and I'll be first to say yeah, I'm biased based on what I've seen (which clearly is different than what you see or interpret).

My comments, as someone who honestly, shouldn't have much to grind with Elon purely being here from the solar/energy side is what I see, is what I get now.

He fires people if they say anything against him. He even stated that's what he does. Some say that's fine, but again, is that great for a company? I guess if you want your job, just shut up and have all yes men. We'll all see how great Twitter is after 3 months, 6 months, 5 years I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.