Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes people don’t always tell the truth. Just because Musk says he did something doesn’t mean it actually happened.
It's also possible that Elon supported George W Bush at one point in his 04 campaign but had a change of heart before he stepped into the voting booth. I'm happy to give Elon the benefit of the doubt here. I don't think he was lying.

My research indicates that Elon contributed $2000 to Bush in June '03, and $2000 to Kerry in March '04.

Last edited:
It's crazy how different we can perceive things. I don't see Elon firing people for criticizing him, I see him firing people for being wrong or not seeing solutions to problems. I see him attack bad reviews because they were dishonest, not for being negative.

here you go
Elon Musk is firing Twitter employees even when they criticize him in private

a few samples

… Musk confirmed he’d fired employees after they spoke out in Twitter and even the company’s private Slack…

… Twitter software engineer Sasha Solomon also tweeted that she got “fired for shitposting” after a series of now-deleted tweets criticizing Musk

… many employees are reportingly being fired just for criticizing Musk in the company’s private Slack.
“My twitter account was protected at the time, so I can only assume this was for not showing 100% loyalty in slack,” wrote Nick Morgan

here you go

a few samples

… Musk confirmed he’d fired employees after they spoke out in Twitter and even the company’s private Slack…

… Twitter software engineer Sasha Solomon also tweeted that she got “fired for shitposting” after a series of now-deleted tweets criticizing Musk

… many employees are reportingly being fired just for criticizing Musk in the company’s private Slack.
“My twitter account was protected at the time, so I can only assume this was for not showing 100% loyalty in slack,” wrote Nick Morgan
During a hostile take over, if you are not on board then you get the F out, public or private, It's a restructuring event, employees should understand what that means. If Elon was happy with what your company culture was before or what you were doing before, then he wouldn't have taken it over.

Regardless of what some Musk-hating rag called The Washington Post says, being on Twitter doesn't mean people have reach or influence. If this Andrew Anglin chap (try Twitter searching his name BTW - see if his profile even shows) oversteps the mark he will disappear again.
You make a common mistake assuming corporate Dems are meaningfully different than conservatives when it comes to business.
Fox, WSJ, NY Daily News…etc etc

Reactions: JRP3
here you go

a few samples

Sure we don't know what happened. So our bias will interpret this event in different way. Some will say he did it because he is a small vindictive narcissist who hate people who disagree with him. That's possible. So will say that he sees workers as vectors and he thinks companies work better when the workers' vectors point in the same direction. That's possible. Some will say that he fired them because they were not good enough. Etc etc. We don't know, but we should be honest that our own bias version of what happened will not convince anyone of a different bias. The only way to actually become better is to make predictions, see what happens and then backpropagate errors. So did Apple pull their ads from twitter? Did twitter crash? Are mDAUs down? Some people have some backpropagation to do or maybe their gradient descent function is not very good. As I will try to learn from me being overly optimistic about FSD timeline multiple times.

and yet I dont recall seeing an anti Tesla outside of these usual suspects. I have no doubt Reps use their tools to attack companies, too. They just dont target Tesla nearly as much.
They used to when it was more unclear if electric vehicles were the future or not. Then they stopped when democrats went crazy about Elon. Enemy's enemy became a friend.

Trump and Elon still got beef:

1670117514228.png

But like Elon has explained, he makes both the far left and the far right upset.

CNBS, WaPo, NYT, BI, etc... all Dems owned.
Wikipedia: "Since 2015, a majority stake in Business Insider's parent company Insider Inc. has been owned by the German publishing house Axel Springer.". The NYT is a public company mostly owned by the Ochs Sulzberger family, I don't see any evidence that they're more one party or another. And of course one could counter with the list: Fox, WSJ, OAN, New York Post, Bloomberg, The Hill, Epoch Times ...

Interesting read: Index of US Mainstream Media Ownership

Hmm, so by the sound of this, any future contacts from either political parties asking twitter to do anything to gain an advantage, it'll be released publicly so they need to choose their words wisely.
But alt-right bros DMing Elon directly to get progressives banned a-ok ?

Twitter needs to have a properly document policy and process to implement it. That should have zero reliance on the mood of Elon.

So is Elon going to tweet his support for keeping the Constitution in place or does he think it might be a first amendment issue unless we suspend the entire thing?

🤔
I don't think he will touch that. He knows his new alt-right handlers support abolishing the constitution and making their over-lord president for life ;)

Didn't the co-host, Kim Dotcom pay like $65k for a copy of Mein Kampf signed by Hitler? Sounds sus to me.

I see nothing!!
And because kimdotcom is a co host…. I and many others could not see it because kimdotcom blocks those with pro Ukraine views. More of the fair and open town hall….

Here is the problem. Elon is literally going by the "mood of the moment". There is simply no uniform policy.

If Swastika, the symbol is incitement for violence - why are any number of other symbols of equally historically horrible associations not symbol of violence (say the confederate flag). Seems to me he banned a particularly loathsome "hate speech" ... but wants to couch it in some kind of policy terms.

But alt-right bros DMing Elon directly to get progressives banned a-ok ?

Twitter needs to have a properly document policy and process to implement it. That should have zero reliance on the mood of Elon.
If you listen to what Elon said on Twitter space, all of this "Elon is doing this and that" are all in your head. He haven't even read much of the Twitter files but just got some snip bits of a summery. His time is limited to getting Twitter to profitability, adding features and figuring out ways to crush bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.