Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wishing for a while that Elon would have a good medical exam, by a good old-school internist or neurologist. I sense there might be some medical explanation for what's going on. I fear his extreme wealth and power have left him isolated, surrounded by a bunch of sycophants who will do nothing to prevent him from crashing and burning, and will let him be ill and forego treatment, if there is indeed any illness involved.

I've been a fan, supporter, owner and shareholder for many years. I used to defend him and praise Tesla incessantly, and i did this in both private and public settings. I felt that I had found an interest and an investment (and essentially a raison d'etre in a pretty gloomy word) that aligns perfectly with my ideals - not only accelerating the transition to sustainable energy, but doing everything to promote excellence, and in the nicest, greenest, most fair way possible.

I thought that workers at his companies experienced a non-corporate meritocratic environment. I thought he was attacked unfairly by a wide swath of interests whose motives ranged from click baiting (media) to profiting off of Tesla demise (short sellers) to what is probably a Big Oil funded campaign. I've explained to people that this tweet and that tweet were actually a response to attacks. I've explained how offensive Biden's behavior towards him was, and how awful and deranged the attacks by Sanders/Warren/Reich were. I've defended him ad nauseam.

This year, everything went haywire. His behavior around Twitter was obnoxious - shaming employees in public, mishandling the whole thing, behaving erratically, firing people publicly for disagreeing with him. There was the shocking Pelosi tweet, in which he mocked an elderly victim of assault, and inserted some ugly homophobia into there too. There is his cozying up with alt right fringe lunatics and virulent anti-semites. He's now bullying and harassing former employees with accusations of pedophilia. And now he's echoing Trump's odious, moronic and fascist call to violence, i.e. 'lock her up'. This is not about agreeing or disagreeing with woke stuff, or leaning more left or right, or agreeing or disagreeing with everything about covid policy or twitter's handling of it. It's about a descent into something unhinged.

He used to have a great sense of humor, including much self deprecation. His SNL appearance was hilarious.

He's now become a mad king. It is, to my mind, inexplicable.

He is a singular genius, a once in a millennium phenomenon. He built the best companies on earth, which represent the best hope for our future. Climate change, remember that? And now he seems determined to take it all down with him, for what, I do not know.

It is time for him to leave Tesla. And way past time for him to see a doctor.

So many people seemed brainwashed by news. Elon is not supporting the right or the left wing. The FUD works for non thinkers or those with motives to make money 💰 shorting or trading. Twitter is becoming awesome and advertisers are advertising.
Life is too short to speculate and believe BS from questionable sources and bots.
Go Elon.
Propping up white supremacists, Nazis, and allowing anti-lgbtq propaganda back onto the platform is not awesome. I don't need to believe any news outlet - I saw it for myself on Twitter. As a matter of fact very out there right-wing crazy stuff started showing up on my feed.

How many CEOs endorse “vote Republican” ( or any blanket political endorsement ) days before midterms ? I can only think of Elon …

Oh and there are companies that may fire you if you don't vote a certain way.

So yeah I can't think of any either.

Yeah. Like Biden supporting GM and labor unions and ignoring Elon along with Elisabeth Warren and Sanders hatred of him because of his mission to fight the Climate Crisis and being successful at it(Why they didn't work with Elon is a tragedy for all). Abe Lincoln was a republican who freed the slaves and said; You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. Being a democrat and like Elon voting that way I also want a more truthful and transparent representation and not the generalizations of putting someone as a Dem or Repub. It really isn't that important.

Yeah. Like Biden supporting GM and labor unions and ignoring Elon along with Elisabeth Warren and Sanders hatred of him because of his mission to fight the Climate Crisis and being successful at it(Why they didn't work with Elon is a tragedy for all). Abe Lincoln was a republican who freed the slaves and said; You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. Being a democrat and like Elon voting that way I also want a more truthful and transparent representation and not the generalizations of putting someone as a Dem or Repub. It really isn't that important.

So this is an example of your truthful and transparent representation that is bipartisan?

1670789538210.png

Elon has been amplifying far right stuff and pretending like he’s Donald in the Apprentice firing everybody. Truthful and transparent are not the adjectives to use here.

So this is an example of your truthful and transparent representation that is bipartisan?

View attachment 883842

Elon has been amplifying far right stuff and pretending like he’s Donald in the Apprentice firing everybody. Truthful and transparent are not the adjectives to use here.
Understand that being anti-lock down is not exclusively a far right position.

In high school we had a debating club. The topic was, Should Nuclear Weapons be controlled by an International Organization. We had to make a pro and a con list of arguments.The debate was even with the best teams competing with other high schools.
This was a great education and I learned about people and psychological issues. It was fun and rewarding.
I kind of think this is what Elon wants to do with Twitter. It is not a high school football match but more like a chess tournament.
May the best arguments win but opinions without truth are meaningless.

Half the responses are people worried about Elon’s security. Do they mean physical security or that he’s having a mental breakdown?
He is literally just parroting political talking points. I have no idea why people think he's saying anything threatening to the establishment.
Understand that being anti-lock down is not exclusively a far right position.
There have been zero lockdowns under the Biden administration (I would also point out that all of lockdowns under the previous administration were ordered by state governors).

There have been zero lockdowns under the Biden administration (I would also point out that all of lockdowns under the previous administration were ordered by state governors).

Lockdowns are only part of it, the proposed and in some instances enacted by decree medical discrimination though…

And now they want amnesty? Nah bro. Nah.

View attachment 883842

This is just insane. He’s going to destroy Twitter and take Tesla along with him since it’s funding his insanity.

What works better?

1. To suppress (possible) BS so it never sees the light of day?

2. Let BS fly free so it can be debunked in public?

I vote for number 2. When number 1 happens, people don’t trust the suppressors.

When number 2 happens, you get outcomes like Trump’s multiple election fraud court cases all losing when facts are presented. More people believe this method. And everyone can see what the original claim was and that they are full of it.

it seems a little crazy that he thinks he can save civilization by being more political
He is exposing the failure of the left. We already know the failure on the right. Both things need to happen.

Maybe one day the left will own up to it. (And I lean left.)

Do I wish someone else was doing this instead? Yes. But it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.