Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on perspective. I guess if a company (e.g. Twiiter) feels that a politician is inciting violence or is racist, they can be "shadow banned" and taken out of the of "public square", that's ok for a lot of people.

It would be interesting if Elon became super MAGA and started to censor Biden and a lot of liberals. I guess people would be ok with that too.. After all, as the twitter files have noted, this was done in the past; why not continue it? Also, what happens if the republicans take over the government and started to work with twitter and other big tech companies to censor liberals because they "felt" liberals were racist against white people, liberals were causing great harm because of their "diversion and inclusion" agenda, causing great economic harm because of their "global warming" agenda... etc..

People have different perspective on things. The Twitter files have only shown that there was a precedent for censoring ideas. The Twitter files are a "complete dud" if you agree with the statement that censorship is fine and that people are allowed to do it if "they have the moral high ground". I'm sure people like Desantis, Abbot, Youngkin, etc.. are all taking note.
Government stifling free speech is a 1A issue. A private company doing it - is not. DeSantis abbott and youngkin are governors, not CEOs

combined, my spouse and I worked over 50 years at NIH.

We have the utmost respect for the knowledge and expertise of Dr Anthony Fauci

I am _extremely_ unhappy with Elon and wish the board would have a "come to jesus or whatever preferred deity discussion" about his very deleterious effects he has been having since he was forced to buy twitter and seems to have decided to burn it to the ground, along with his reputation and spillover
I think I'm basically done with Elon & Twitter at this point. If such a large part of my networth was not tied up in TSLA (which is 65% down partly because of Twitter), I'd have probably just quit Tesla/Elon/TMC. Don't have that option now until the market improves.

Really sad to see such a bright person so easily get manipulated and radicalized.

I think we can all understand now how alienated, angry, young men get radicalized.

Fauci, May 22nd 2020:
Yup… soon after Elon had to put his foot down to open back up because of the harm it was doing.

I think I'm basically done with Elon & Twitter at this point. If such a large part of my networth was not tied up in TSLA (which is 65% down partly because of Twitter), I'd have probably just quit Tesla/Elon/TMC. Don't have that option now until the market improves.

Really sad to see such a bright person so easily get manipulated and radicalized.

I think we can all understand now how alienated, angry, young men get radicalized.
Sad to see Elon’s comments as “radical” by some on here.

Everyone needs to chill.

Even posts he knows were purposely bunk, he let community notes correct it. This is the way.

And for all of those on the left that are just screaming “never buying a Tesla”, that too will pass in time. How quick people forget about dieselgate and went right back to buying VW. Or how BMW was literally started by Nazi’s but now many liberals own them.
Is VW getting in the face of people that supported them and saying yeah we will do it again. Is BMW parading around Stormtroopers? Yes people that leave Tesla may go back, but do we want them to leave. For what? So Elon can spew nonsense to bring people wanting to watch a car wreck? He also needs to stop before any healing and forgiving can occur. He doing this same nonsense for years isnt bringing anyone back soon and more likely just push more people away. Its not the short term sales I worry about. It is that 20M cars per year in 2030 that I worry about.

Well Tesla is slowly becoming the official 2024 MAGA Car.

I remember when the “mission” was to get these manufacturers to move into EV’s, seems like Tesla and some of its owners feel the need to bring “others” down by their EV choices.
Except the heart of maga is low income rural America which is absolutely the last population to buy EVs

Is VW getting in the face of people that supported them and saying yeah we will do it again. Is BMW parading around Stormtroopers? Yes people that leave Tesla may go back, but do we want them to leave. For what? So Elon can spew nonsense to bring people wanting to watch a car wreck? He also needs to stop before any healing and forgiving can occur. He doing this same nonsense for years isnt bringing anyone back soon and more likely just push more people away. Its not the short term sales I worry about. It is that 20M cars per year in 2030 that I worry about.
I’ll let you worry about it. 2030 is a long time from now and by then he probably will be gone from Tesla and just focus on SpaceX or some other thing.

Yes. Very sad.

Yup. While I'm not planning on selling any of my shares. I'm not buying any more either.

Tesla as a company has so much potential. What if Elon was a partner in change and worked with the US government to promote EVs and sustainable energy instead of being a fire brand of right wing bullcrap?

He could be a uniting force for positive change.

Don't give me this the left attacked him crap. He played into their stereotypes. He could have countered and have been a uniting positive force and prove them wrong. But he didn't.

Twitter being cleaned up - top priority, ignored/frustrated by last few CEOs
Eliza added that she’s making sure Twitter is setting up those meetings.

“I don’t want to be bamboozled this time and I swear to God on my life I will not be made a fool out of this.”
“And just so you guys know, Elon Musk did get a message to me two days before he purchased Twitter; before it was done. Before the final sale was done.”
“And he said, ‘I’m going to make the removal of child sexual abuse material my number one priority.,’ And I said, ‘Hmm. Well okay, you gotta show me. The three previous CEOs have told me the same line. So let’s see it.”
“And then he showed me.”

Twitter being cleaned up - top priority, ignored/frustrated by last few CEOs
I have never seen child p on Twitter. I'm not looking for that stuff.

I have seen ZERO EVIDENCE that it has been cleaned up or that it was a problem before besides right wingers saying it was a problem before.

Jack has said it was false. People who run organizations preventing this stuff say for the first time ever Twitter didn't show up. Elon fired the entire department in charge of preventing stuff like this.

The right keeps reporting this like it's fact but I've seen no evidence that it is.

So many people seemed brainwashed by news. Elon is not supporting the right or the left wing. The FUD works for non thinkers or those with motives to make money 💰 shorting or trading. Twitter is becoming awesome and advertisers are advertising.
Life is too short to speculate and believe BS from questionable sources and bots.
Go Elon.

I have never seen child p on Twitter. I'm not looking for that stuff.

I have seen ZERO EVIDENCE that it has been cleaned up or that it was a problem before besides right wingers saying it was a problem before.

Jack has said it was false. People who run organizations preventing this stuff say for the first time ever Twitter didn't show up. Elon fired the entire department in charge of preventing stuff like this.

The right keeps reporting this like it's fact but I've seen no evidence that it is.
None of these people are right-wing (other than Elon according to some). Many are victims turned advocates for safety. Most were deeply cynical until the clean up was shown to be effective (in their view). The article has several sources including Reuters. Much of the content/tags most-recently deleted was in Spanish & Portuguese with content going back past 2017. New tools brought in (developed?) since Elon Musk took over have helped.

Team was a skeleton crew, new members were not recruited (budget) before Elon took over.

Yeah, one random lady tweeting that Musk has hereby ended all child abuse doesn't seem like a very credible claim considering that the only known evidence is to the contrary:

Cherry picking one office in Asia where it went from 5 to 1 people. I would expect that NOW much of the work is being done in USA, using tools, automation & consistent high-speed processes before being rolled out regionally if that is still considered the best approach.

Wired would have looked for any further evidence and stretched it as far as possible. Instead they found this rather lame example, just one.

Government stifling free speech is a 1A issue. A private company doing it - is not.

Hopefully the trend will shift away from privatizing free speech in entities that are acting as a "public square".

Free speech and freedom of thought is a cornerstone of our democracy. Tech/Media corporations censoring, suppressing or banning political opinions or medical theories etc. are a threat to democracy. The government, in collusion with media censorship in these areas is how democracy is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.