Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Extended threads on Twitter with folks saying driving a Tesla is like wearing a MAGA hat now, with many saying they were considering buying a Tesla but would no longer do so. Others saying they walked the walk and bought another brand of EV based on Elon’s shenanigans. Maybe just talk, but worrisome nonetheless.

Because random Twitter threads are representative of the country as a whole. 😵‍💫

View attachment 883936

Elon is committed. At least he's clear about his opinions. If I understand correctly, Elon thinks COVID was caused by a virus that arose out of GOF research, lol?

Anyway, it seems like this will be net negative for Tesla, TSLA, Twitter, and Elon.

(And yes, I reported the hateful Tweet this morning, since it's hard to interpret it in any other way other than completely lacking in human decency.)

I'm not going to discuss it further here, there's a whole separate Coronavirus thread for that, but since Elon made the statement on Twitter, the evidence that SARS-CoV-2 arose from GOF research or from a lab is extremely, extremely weak, and has only gotten weaker over time as more evidence has been gathered and research has been done (it will probably never be 100% certain but that's the way things go). Certainly Elon is way out over his skis if that's the claim he is making, that much is clear. (Hopefully this will all show up in Community Notes shortly, visible to a select few only, lol.)

Just another one of his awful fallacious takes which are so commonplace.
Yes. Chinese government is going to love this one. If he doubles down on this as he is wont to do, CCP could make major trouble for Giga Shanghai.
Now we’re getting to the core of why Elon owning Twitter is a potential problem for $TSLA

Last edited:
So Gali and Whole Mars obviously weren't impressed by today's Twitter developments. I'm really curious to see if Rob Maurer will be brave enough to address it in on his channel.
Really? I'm just seeing the usual worshipping.

Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 10.03.42 PM.png

Did not say it was. But unless these folks are just lying, Tesla is beginning to lose at least some sales due to his antics and/or politics. Whether the number becomes significant or not remains to be seen.
A lot of folks who are rage quitting now have likely had a bug under their skin about Elon since he had it out with Alameda about NUMMI.

Which might as well be 1% of 1% of the folks in the market for a new car at any time since then — Hard metric to measure TBH.

Reactions: SSonnentag
I didn’t really follow Fauci declarations during the pandemic
I didn’t really follow what he declared to the Congress

But now I read some tweets about Musk and prosecuting Fauci.

Is there something I should know about something Fauci has really done wrong or is it a way to bring more MAGA hatters to buy Cubertrucks?

Is there a 9D 9 dimensions string theory chess move Elon is trying to make to make TSLA stock blossom like never or are we heading into right wing theories?

Please someone reassure my investment that it’s not going to $138 per share

Really? I'm just seeing the usual worshipping.

View attachment 883949
Well, he has them on a pretty short leash. They probably got an earful immediately after showing the slightest sign of unhappiness with Elon's messaging. But even the slightest sign of discord from devout acolytes of that degree says a lot.

He's been off the rails for awhile. Just a bigger microphone now.

Not sure how this ends well.

It probably wouldn't end well... But people still are keeping their TSLA stock... People are still buying Tesla cars... and people are still getting on twitter.

Fauci I think is STILL saying we should wear mask (I hope most of you guys are)... still saying we should get boostered (I hope you guys are getting your 3rd or is it the 5th shot? - sorry I stopped counting)... still saying lock downs was a good idea.. etc...

Like defund the police which my friend believed in a while ago which he no longer talks about anymore... The COVID response will be slowly "memory holed" by people who were wrong... However, those affected will try to keep it in the spot light. It will be like those "separate by equal" supporters in the 60's. When they found out they were on the wrong side of history, they then say: "yeah, you're mistaken I'm for equal rights all this time.. 'separate by equal' was a bad idea"... Remember during the "separate by equal" era, almost 50% of the population supported it. Afterwards, crickets... No one would admit they were for it. We can kinda of see it already happening in this thread. People who know in their "hearts or hearts" they were wrong, no longer want to debate COVID. It's just human nature. I don't fault them for it. However, next time I do wish they would user critical thinking skills and research ideas more.

With the internet.. With twitter.. with social media.. going forward, it will be easy to see who was for lockdowns.. who was for mask mandates.. etc... The times are a changing, but there will always be people who were on the right side of history and those on the wrong side.

Last edited:
His tweets are not significantly different to anything he has previously posted (see previous covid related tweets circa 2020). You're all just getting swayed by recent negativity in modern media.

Telsa hasnt had any major mis steps so far and by all objective metrics has exceeded or acomplished all expectations. There really isnt an objective reason to remove elon on the basis of the companies performance. That may change in the coming months to years. But right now you're participating in cancel culture.

I'm sure replacing Elon with another CEO would be easy. Look around. What car CEO is doing a better job than Tesla's Elon? Replace Elon with this guy and see TSLA soar. It's not like Elon is somehow unique or different from any other CEO. Elon is just another unwashed, uneducated, conservative MAGA supporter now.

I didn’t really follow Fauci declarations during the pandemic
I didn’t really follow what he declared to the Congress

But now I read some tweets about Musk and prosecuting Fauci.

Is there something I should know about something Fauci has really done wrong or is it a way to bring more MAGA hatters to buy Cubertrucks?

Is there a 9D 9 dimensions string theory chess move Elon is trying to make to make TSLA stock blossom like never or are we heading into right wing theories?

Please someone reassure my investment that it’s not going to $138 per share
It is not, chill out please.

This is more of how Elon thinks that 'old Twitter' was far-left. More discussion should be had in the Twitter thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.