Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well... Trump / election denialism / January 6th didn't help. did it ? Why in the world would I buy a pillow from someone who claims the election was stolen and Trump should be re-installed as president?
Cause its a good pillow. I have a my pillow that was bought years ago. Its held up well and throwing it in the dryer makes it all poofy again like new. Its probably my longest lasting pillow ever at this point.

I really don't get this cancel culture that is taking over US society.
How is someone exercising their right to not purchase something “cancel culture”? Are you suggesting we cancel people who vote with their wallet? 🤡

Such a different country than the one I lived in for a while 30 years ago.
Maybe they should have cancelled Wilders instead of continually giving him a platform to poison the discourse in the Netherlands?

How is someone exercising their right to not purchase something “cancel culture”? Are you suggesting we cancel people who vote with their wallet? 🤡

Maybe they should have cancelled Wilders instead of continually giving him a platform to poison the discourse in the Netherlands?
Cancel culture implies that it has the establishment backing and therefore significantly amplified (which leads to overbearing peer pressure — virtue signaling) over its true reach of concern.

Boycotting a product or service because its values don’t represent you is a personal thing. You may find yourself encouraged by like minded folks but there is no pressure to conform.

• Disagree
Reactions: B@ndit
The US is a Constitutional Republic.
Federal presidential republic is a subclass of representative democracies. There are many forms of representative democracy, including the Westminster parliamentary system.

60d75e0e-03f6-4cbb-af1f-a448a016f3b0_148150419096.png

Cancel culture implies that it has the establishment backing and therefore significantly amplified (which leads to overbearing peer pressure — virtue signaling) over its true reach of concern.

Boycotting a product or service because its values don’t represent you is a personal thing. You may find yourself encouraged by like minded folks but there is no pressure to conform.
every movement I *don't agree* with is ESTABLISHMENT and every movement I *agree* with is GRASSROOTS ....

A poisonous atmosphere in which I can see people with opposing political views starting to kill each other in the not too distant future.
Clearly you haven't been following all the mass shootings in the US in recent years, or the violent attempt to take over the country that happened almost 2 years ago.

Can you explain what that clown icon is supposed to mean?

Yes. Fear based rhetoric designed to over ride logic has worked on a portion of the population, it's not a unique phenomena unfortunately as we've seen in the past.
And depending who you ask that could be either side. It’s like the meme with various spidermen pointing at each other.

A better look is to who and what is amplifying division and you’d be wise to look at who has the biggest megaphone. (Clue: It sure as heck isn’t the middle 80% of folks just trying to live their lives)

• Disagree
Reactions: heavyD and B@ndit
I don't understand why Fauci, masks, etc. are still a subject of discussion.

Because Elon just keeps bringing it up? Woke being the most important thing in humanity and NOTHING (my caps) matters? Prosecute/Fauci?

Get it?

Elon has 100+ million followers, anything is going to amplified when someone with 100+ million followers tweets it. Blame Musk I say if you're upset with it. It's mostly all his doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.