Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not the place for it but I 100% promise you that what most normal people think is acceptable differs from what is being shown as “mainstream” and portrayed as such.
Its funny that humans all make the same basic errors. We assume that we are all regular guys.

In 2016 I know from personal experience that millions of people simply could not believe the millions of other people could actually have voted for a jackass like Trump. They were convinced something was up, not that Russia had merely interfered with the election and co-ordinated that interferance with the Trump campaign, but that the Russian hacked actual voting machines.

Thank goodness, as I see it, we (defined as liberals) all realized that no, Trump got every vote, and that there were millions of Americans who absolutely agreed with Trump and hated liberals just like he told them to.

That's why in 2018, 2020, and 2022 Dem turnout was so high.

If any conservatives somehow think that there is some huge, non Democratic but somehow independent block of millions, well, keep on kidding yourself.

"Most" normal people, using "normal" as everyone, and "most" as more than 50%, agree 100% with everything you appear to think is some minority position.

Elon thinks he's trolling like 5% of the population and in fact he's alienating 60%. Its a math problem.

And its a tough pill to swallow. Its a sad day to realize how millions of people actually think. Its much easier to kid yourself and think that its all down to a few.

Well, that explains why the main problem that he said he was looking to fix (the login popup) still didn't get fixed. To be fair to him, it did improve (you can now more easily close it), but on Android's browser at least, it still pops up. For those counting, it's only been only 4-5 weeks (he started November 17 with that code review video) of his 12 week internship.

As it relates to recruiting and motivation, he was the sole example brought up by those arguing that Elon would be able to easily find top talent. Doesn't look good that even he gave up so early (whatever the reason).

Last edited:
And I can tell from ElectricIAC's posts, it just is plain to see, that ElectricIAC thinks the same thing. Its even worse than thinking the vast majority of normal people think banning someone for cruel trans jokes is over the top, its actually thinking that we, the millions, think ill of ElectricIAC.

We don't. We can, or at least I can, readily admit to completely ignoring conservative America for many decades. Since nature abhors a vacuum, Fox News and conservative media swooped right in and began telling conservative America, and telling them, and telling them, that liberal America hated them.

It wasn't true, but looking back on it I don's see how conservative America was supposed to tell the difference between being ignored and hated.

But there was a difference, but its somewhat too late now. I don't see a way out of it.

We don't. We can, or at least I can, readily admit to completely ignoring conservative America for many decades. Since nature abhors a vacuum, Fox News and conservative media swooped right in and began telling conservative America, and telling them, and telling them, that liberal America hated them.

It wasn't true, but looking back on it I don's see how conservative America was supposed to tell the difference between being ignored and hated.
Ah yes, conservatives... the true victims 🤦‍♂️

Basically a puppet replaces him.

Newsflash: "New Twitter CEO Reports to CTO".

Only way this works is that the new CEO has "real/actual" power to fire him. Which wont be the case as he's gonna handpick the CEO and even claim as he usually does "John Doe is the new CEO, I now work under him, he can even fire me today if he wanted" aka "I'm so free speech, I won't even ban ElonJet" aka "By 2018 Summon will work any where in the US not blocked by borders, even if you are in LA and the car is in NY ".

And those are not the people who are simply trying to exist (and have control of their own bodies). Absolute victim blaming.
@Bandit I think you misunderstood my post. I meant that the people simply trying to exist and be who they are in this world, are not the ones who are making their existence a political issue with which to motivate people to hate. The trans folks and LGBTQ folks and women who are just trying to exist and get a fair shake are not the ones to be blamed.

Basically a puppet replaces him.

Newsflash: "New Twitter CEO Reports to CTO".

Only way this works is that the new CEO has "real/actual" power to fire him. Which wont be the case as he's gonna handpick the CEO and even claim as he usually does "John Doe is the new CEO, I now work under him, he can even fire me today if he wanted" aka "I'm so free speech, I won't even ban ElonJet" aka "By 2018 Summon will work any where in the US not blocked by borders, even if you are in LA and the car is in NY ".
It is kind of funny because he said this from the beginning that he would be CEO initially. The only reason people want him to resign from Tesla is because of the media noise 24/7 reporting. No one is making any critiques of his poor performance running Tesla. They are mad that the stock is down, and hes getting into political polarizing opinionated America which generally express extreme hate over very little.

It is kind of funny because he said this from the beginning that he would be CEO initially. The only reason people want him to resign from Tesla is because of the media noise 24/7 reporting. No one is making any critiques of his poor performance running Tesla. They are mad that the stock is down, and hes getting into political polarizing opinionated America which generally express extreme hate over very little.
Elon, himself, claimed he wasn't running Tesla day-to-day...

No, "media" required.

Who will “run” the company while Musk runs servers and software? It’s insane.
The new guy should be CEO, Elon CTO.

The board should give the CEO matching instructions and Elon has a say there.

It is pointless the CEO trying to have impact into technology and product development, the is Elon's truf.

The CEO can run:-
  • HR
  • Marketing
  • Accounts
  • Public Relations
  • Moderation
  • Customer complaints
Everything under the normal business operations banner.

They will need to have official polices for things like Moderation, anyone who takes the CEO job will want to have some input in these areas.

Reactions: STUtoday
Everybody knows most of the folks in the American cultural milieu Elon is courting would rather roll coal than give half a thought to climate change. They exist, like he is seemingly these days, to push cruelty, contrarianism and suffering so they can feel like they’ve won. He is completely destroying the allure from his potential customer base. And it won’t end well.

Status
Not open for further replies.