Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll give Elon credit…I deleted the app several months ago and now occasionally check Twitter using the mobile web browser instead (which greatly reduces the frequency of checking which is good for me). But in addition, there are absolutely zero ads when checking this way. I have not seen an ad for a couple months. It’s great. Way to go Elon.

Mastodon vs Twitter:
1675796385170.png

According to the data (don't shoot the messenger), sales in California of Teslas grew in 2022 (both in terms of absolute number, and % of vehicles).

Additionally, broken down by quarter, they accelerated in Q4, not decelerated. Apparently Elon's purchase of Twitter and his tweets didn't put people off from buying Teslas, as sales in the most Tesla-heavy location that is also a Democrate supermajority accelerated, not decelerated.

Rob Maurer covers it in detail here:

Additionally, broken down by quarter, they accelerated in Q4, not decelerated. Apparently Elon's purchase of Twitter and his tweets didn't put people off from buying Teslas, as sales in the most Tesla-heavy location that is also a Democrate supermajority accelerated, not decelerated.
We know for a fact that his antics did in fact put some people off from buying Teslas, we also know Tesla dropped prices in December. The CA sales do not show that his Twitter antics had zero effects.

We know for a fact that his antics did in fact put some people off from buying Teslas, we also know Tesla dropped prices in December. The CA sales do not show that his Twitter antics had zero effects.

I didn't say zero effect. I said that despite those antics, SALES AND MARKETSHARE in the LARGEST market that Tesla sells cars in, both grew. If the "antics" were horrible, you would expect it to have dropped (when it did for pretty much every other car maker).

SOME, but not ENOUGH to prevent sales from GROWING, even in pretty much the most liberal state in America.
Correct but your initial posts here and in the investment thread tried to frame it as zero effect and I simply pointed out that this was not true. Your subsequent comments even agree with me.

Correct but your initial posts here and in the investment thread tried to frame it as zero effect and I simply pointed out that this was not true. Your subsequent comments even agree with me.

Agree is quite the stretch. I think Elon's "brand damage" is minimal.

My social circle spans the political spectrum, and only one very VERY far left person I know complained about Elon. And even then, that person still went and took delivery of their Model Y.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Agree is quite the stretch. I think Elon's "brand damage" is minimal.
I somewhat agree with that but I think the "brand damage" is larger and longer lasting than the "sales damage", mostly because there are few other worthwhile EV choices, none really if you include the Supercharger network. Even people turned off to the brand and Elon will hold their nose and buy if they understand the advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.