Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue isn't a blue check.

It's that if you click on it it claims THAT person is paying for it and provided their phone number.

Which, they're not and they haven't. So Twitter is making literally false claims about that celeb that a reasonable person would believe.

I'm not saying the case against twitter would be a slam dunk, but I can (without offering legal advice of course) say with a fair bit of confidence a lawsuit would at least get past the pleading stage.

Or to put another way-- I can create a "Coolest people ever club" and announce I've inducted a bunch of famous people into it-- that's totally fine even if they had no idea this was happening.

I can not say I've created a "Coolest people ever club" and announce a bunch of famous people are paying to join it when they aren't-- especially when I'm offering to let other people pay me to join it too.

They will probably fix the typo at some point if absolutely necessary.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV and JRP3
Thought I'd stop in and dunk on Elon again after perusing hardware news and encountering this article: Elon Musk Confirms 'TruthGPT' AI Project, Will Use Lots of GPUs

While I was long a fan of Elon in times past, I see he is continuing to ride the deviant train popularized by Trump and associates whose appeal is not based on conservative policy, but rather on fraud, rejection of ethics, and a generally hateful attitude towards others. The very act of naming his project "TruthGPT" aligns it with the likes of TruthSocial and immediately brings any credibility or honest intent into question. From the article, it said "Elon Musk shared his apprehension regarding the level of authority that Microsoft has over OpenAI", as if he doesn't realize the apprehension people will have regarding the level of authority that he will have over TruthGPT. It goes on to say "Musk also expressed concerns about chatbots being excessively politically correct" which gets to what I assume is it's real purpose, which is just for wanting to normalize hateful behavior and be able to attack marginalized members of society without consequence. There is nothing wrong with a chat bot trying to be polite and respectful towards others, nor is there any evidence of dishonesty in doing so that would warrant a "Truth" GPT.

The biggest problem with all of this is that his revenge tour against those who have opposed him or been overly politically correct in attacking him, which granted is a thing, has driven him into choosing to join a realm of opposition plagued by dishonestly, fraud, and ethically compromised behavior, and this continues to risk and damage the reputations of Tesla, SpaceX, and any other endeavor he now associates himself with. All because some overly vocal social justice warrior people hurt his feelings once, I presume. Simply put, he cannot be trusted anymore, as his focus has shifted away from helping humanity and towards openly attacking those who speak out against him, regardless of the consequences. He now lashes out pointlessly and recklessly instead of ignoring the noise and focusing on the missions of his companies.

I'm not forever against Elon now. I believe he can mend his ways and return to the real man he used to be. I'm still waiting to see that happen, and I hope the damage he does to his companies in the meantime can be mitigated and eventually reversed.
Defenders will say well look Tesla just completed the 2 quarters where they sold more cars then ever before. Completely ignoring the fact that Tesla made massive price cuts during those 2 quarters. Dont get me wrong I expected some to make it so Model 3 and Model Y would be eligible for IRA tax credits. No way did I expect that Tesla would cut prices as much as they did and continued. Some will say it is just the economic environment. May have some truth, but it may also be that Tesla has to do this to get over people saying damnit I want an EV, but dont want to buy one from that arsehole Elon. Not to mention trimming the army of Tesla customers who were the best sales people for Tesla. Who now treat Elon as the Uncle everyone dreads to speak with at family gatherings.

What’s that going up in flames? Why, it’s Elon Musk’s reputation | Arwa Mahdawi

It wasn’t just dead celebs being mysteriously verified. The rollout of Twitter Blue was a spectacular mess. Once upon a time, having a blue tick by your name was a status symbol: a sign someone at Twitter HQ thought you were “notable” enough to verify. (Reader, I was not.) Then Musk came along, stripped people of their blue ticks, and said they’d only get the badge back if they paid up. Obviously only a complete loser would do that and the blue tick quickly became a scarlet letter. So when the checks mysteriously reappeared on the accounts of a number of high-profile – and very much alive – figures, including the author Stephen King and basketball star LeBron James, said figures swiftly announced that they hadn’t paid for the badge and wouldn’t be caught dead doing so. All of which would be incredibly embarrassing for Musk if he had any sense of shame. (Reader, he does not.)

While I can’t speak to the veracity of Zambian emerald mines, I can say that Elon hasn’t been having the best time of it lately. For years the billionaire convinced an embarrassing number of people that he was a visionary who was going to save the world. Increasingly, however, he is being revealed as an incompetent narcissist who is doing his best to set his brand on fire. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope, it’s the rapid unscheduled disassembly of Elon Musk’s reputation.

What’s that going up in flames? Why, it’s Elon Musk’s reputation | Arwa Mahdawi

It wasn’t just dead celebs being mysteriously verified. The rollout of Twitter Blue was a spectacular mess. Once upon a time, having a blue tick by your name was a status symbol: a sign someone at Twitter HQ thought you were “notable” enough to verify. (Reader, I was not.) Then Musk came along, stripped people of their blue ticks, and said they’d only get the badge back if they paid up. Obviously only a complete loser would do that and the blue tick quickly became a scarlet letter. So when the checks mysteriously reappeared on the accounts of a number of high-profile – and very much alive – figures, including the author Stephen King and basketball star LeBron James, said figures swiftly announced that they hadn’t paid for the badge and wouldn’t be caught dead doing so. All of which would be incredibly embarrassing for Musk if he had any sense of shame. (Reader, he does not.)

While I can’t speak to the veracity of Zambian emerald mines, I can say that Elon hasn’t been having the best time of it lately. For years the billionaire convinced an embarrassing number of people that he was a visionary who was going to save the world. Increasingly, however, he is being revealed as an incompetent narcissist who is doing his best to set his brand on fire. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope, it’s the rapid unscheduled disassembly of Elon Musk’s reputation.
The dying embers of legacy media lashing out one last attempt, throwing whatever feces it can on Musk to see what sticks and what brings him down. It is almost now one article every hour coming out from the liberal media.

These keyboard warriors can wax eloquently desperately trying to show the world Musk is a conman and a fraud, but the man in the middle who is actually in the arena facing the challenges and working hard to change the world across multiple industries, is all that matters.

Have you noticed how there has been hardly any outrage or reaction outside of US? The rest of the world is more informed, who are not caught up on these silly Wokish ideologies and tantrums that seem to afflict one section of very loud mouthed Americans primarily.

Have you noticed how there has been hardly any outrage or reaction outside of US? The rest of the world is more informed, who are not caught up on these silly Wokish ideologies and tantrums that seem to afflict one section of very loud mouthed Americans primarily.

How do you determine that? With a quick check in a specific non-US news source, I found multiple articles on the topic, the most recent from April 24th titled "Dead people get blue check marks, living people don't want them anymore" (my own translation), and plenty of detail on the topic.

The article was from the Guardian.

Parent organization: Guardian Media Group
Headquarters: United Kingdom

That's outside of the US in case you didn't know.
Ha ha.. Is that all you can bring up?

Guardian has a history of outlandish hit pieces on Elon and Tesla for very many years. Some of the Guardian's articles are even worse than Lora Kolodny's.

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke and B@ndit
The article was from the Guardian.

Parent organization: Guardian Media Group
Headquarters: United Kingdom

That's outside of the US in case you didn't know.

Ha ha.. Is that all you can bring up?

Guardian has a history of outlandish hit pieces on Elon and Tesla for very many years. Some of the Guardian's articles are even worse than Lora Kolodny's.

Hahaa man, if you had any dignity you would be thoroughly embarrassed.

Elon really needs to fight the woke mind virus, look at the stuff this company does:

The devil in me hopes he turns on Tesla. New hires will plummet in numbers and quality, if that has not already happened, and existing employees will mutiny. The board will FINALLY have to do something. This will lead to his separation from the company. He will go into exile, whereupon he will realize with dismay and shame what he has done. He will then become a new man (like old school Elon) and eventually return to the company as chief visionary/CTO or even CEO.

Here, if I knew how to, I would insert a meme about poking Elon with a stick.

The devil in me hopes he turns on Tesla. New hires will plummet in numbers and quality, if that has not already happened, and existing employees will mutiny. The board will FINALLY have to do something. This will lead to his separation from the company. He will go into exile, whereupon he will realize with dismay and shame what he has done. He will then become a new man (like old school Elon) and eventually return to the company as chief visionary/CTO or even CEO.

Here, if I knew how to, I would insert a meme about poking Elon with a stick.

Just out this week: yet again, SpaceX and Tesla were the #1 and #2 most sought after places to work. Tesla got something like 3mil applications for 29,000 positions in 2022.

Regarding the board - an independent member is stepping down, and nominated to replace him is a very VERY close ally of Musk, JB Straubel. JB is pretty much a shoe-in considering he was previously on Tesla's management team and is extremely well-respected.

Guess you are not getting your devilish wish, on either front.

Status
Not open for further replies.