Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon, the new minister of misinformation and Qanon smh… why?
Yup… he spent his precious time today responding to Hillary Clinton with a linked tweet … from a “news site” which also reported that Hillary died in 2016 and was replaced by a body double … amplifying nonsense seems to be a great way to spend a Sunday

Further, this one twitter post could be in the investment round-table as I think Elon coming out boldly on Twitter is bullish AF, but I get how this ratholes quickly. To assume folks think Elon's just being an idiot, that's prejudice until we see the bigger picture (not on this particular story, bigger picture).

IIt's good weather in Az, and we have pit seats to see The Who live tonight. Strong fan of Pete, music brings people together.

Sadly the bigger picture is becoming clearer and clearer. How many controversies have we discussed here, increasingly over the past 2 years? Some argue that Elon is playing 4D chess and that all his Twitter outbursts are well-thought out. But I fall in the camp that they are not. He’s an impulsive guy. This picture that Karen Rei posted on Twitter made me laugh and shows it best imo:

5B8929C9-0373-4694-BE00-AE61CC6689D8.png

I don’t particularly care about Elon personally, but I care about Tesla and these actions actively hurt the Tesla brand (objectively, nobody can argue about this, and if you do then I’m sorry but you sir or madam are wearing rose-tinted glasses at the moment).

Enjoy the show tonight!

Last edited:
I hadn’t realized the stupidity of promoting a random website. So I guess Elon was wrong. I was primary referring to what Elon wrote. He should have done more research. I do think more episodes like this will alienate Twitter advertisers but not sure it hurts Tesla yet.

Apparently Elon has already deleted the tweet but you have to wonder how and why he even found that random website. Seems strange.

I hadn’t realized the stupidity of promoting a random website. So I guess Elon was wrong. I was primary referring to what Elon wrote. He should have done more research. I do think more episodes like this will alienate Twitter advertisers but not sure it hurts Tesla yet.

Apparently Elon has already deleted the tweet but you have to wonder how and why he even found that random website. Seems strange.

it's because his personal social media feed is clearly infested with conspiracy and white supremacist extreme right QANON garbage. He's been steadily sinking down that hole for several years now, and it's been very evident by the stuff he's been tweeting, and who he's been liking, retweeting, and responding to for the last several years.

It's formed an established and very worrying pattern that i've been monitoring (and raising red flags about) for some time. Five years ago he was a "moderate libertarian" joking about Spaceballs and Monty Python. Unfortunately, he's been swallowed whole by the absolute dregs of the extreme right, and his jokes are much more likely to be, say, transphobic or defending a guy who attempted to murder a Democrat.

It's the biggest, most credible risk to Tesla's share price, but over in the investment thread, the mods hate hearing anything that's not mindless cheerleading, so they shunt it out of sight as soon as they see it.

not being able to talk about Tesla's share price in the Investment Thread is the most ludicrous example of this site's inept moderation.

Last edited:
Yup… he spent his precious time today responding to Hillary Clinton with a linked tweet … from a “news site” which also reported that Hillary died in 2016 and was replaced by a body double … amplifying nonsense seems to be a great way to spend a Sunday
Is this the behavior that a CEO should have? I said Elon needed to step down as Tesla's CEO last year

Sadly the bigger picture is becoming clearer and clearer. How many controversies have we discussed here, increasingly over the past 2 years? Some argue that Elon is playing 4D chess and that all his Twitter outbursts are well-thought out. But I fall in the camp that they are not. He’s an impulsive guy. This picture that Karen Rei posted on Twitter made me laugh and shows it best imo:

View attachment 869145

I don’t particularly care about Elon personally, but I care about Tesla and these actions actively hurt the Tesla brand (objectively, nobody can argue about this, and if you do then I’m sorry but you sir or madam are wearing rose-tinted glasses at the moment).

Enjoy the show tonight!
... hurts the Tesla brand, no more than like the 420 other things controversial that he says or does, period. Who's talking about Pedo guy anymore? Similar crap, but this seems more on point and timely involving politics combined with the wealth gap tension circling Nancy and their alleged insider trading for example.

Again, step back and you'll see a tightly wound TSLA spring no matter what Elon says (to a degree, but this isn't it). Like everyone here anyway, I would like it to conclude sooner than later as it could get messy re war and elections. Do the Right Things Right.

Doesn’t seem so random as his replies to people concerning US politics is pretty one sided

I'm appalled by the number of people who think they have the right to determine what Elon can think and say.

Do I agree with all the stuff he says? No.
Do I like that he says some of the stuff he says? No.
Does that give me the right to say he shouldn't be saying those things? NO!!

Who are you - yes, YOU - to tell him what to do and not to do? Do you own him because you once bought a Tesla? Or are holding shares? Does that make you a puppet master and Elon your puppet?

Trying to shut up Elon, for whatever motive, in my book is worse than anything controversial he has ever said.

it's because his personal social media feed is clearly infested with conspiracy and white supremacist extreme right QANON garbage. He's been steadily sinking down that hole for several years now, and it's been very evident by the stuff he's been tweeting, and who he's been liking, retweeting, and responding to for the last several years.

It's formed an established and very worrying pattern that i've been monitoring (and raising red flags about) for some time. Five years ago he was a "moderate libertarian" joking about Spaceballs and Monty Python. Unfortunately, he's been swallowed whole by the absolute dregs of the extreme right, and his jokes are much more likely to be, say, transphobic or defending a guy who attempted to murder a Democrat.

It's the biggest, most credible risk to Tesla's share price, but over in the investment thread, the mods hate hearing anything that's not mindless cheerleading, so they shunt it out of sight as soon as they see it.

not being able to talk about Tesla's share price in the Investment Thread is the most ludicrous example of this site's inept moderation.

When you are as far FAR left as you, even Bernie Sanders and AOC look like right-wing conspiracists.

Enough with this political tripe, we all know where you stand and given the MONUMENTAL number of disagrees your previous posts have had, you are pretty isolated in your opinions. Elon is human, he will NEVER do things that everyone agrees with. But he's done a heck of a lot more for humanity than a certain punk . . .

I'm appalled by the number of people who think they have the right to determine what Elon can think and say.

Do I agree with all the stuff he says? No.
Do I like that he says some of the stuff he says? No.
Does that give me the right to say he shouldn't be saying those things? NO!!

Who are you - yes, YOU - to tell him what to do and not to do? Do you own him because you once bought a Tesla? Or are holding shares? Are you a puppet master and Elon your puppet?

Trying to shut up Elon, for whatever motive, in my book is worse than anything controversial he has ever said.

If I think he’s being an idiot I’m happy to stand up and say so. He’s not infallible, and he needs to hear when he’s doing something stupid - we’re not doing him any favors by doing otherwise.

When you are as far FAR left as you, even Bernie Sanders and AOC look like right-wing conspiracists.

Enough with this political tripe, we all know where you stand and given the MONUMENTAL number of disagrees your previous posts have had, you are pretty isolated in your opinions. Elon is human, he will NEVER do things that everyone agrees with. But he's done a heck of a lot more for humanity than a certain punk . . .
It’s very interesting to see that the people criticizing him the harshest are all people who haven’t revolutionized EV tech, nor Space travel but rather have benefited from his contributions.

Oh, some will find this funny... but what if his tweet was an experiment after modifying subtle things in the algo's? The Twitter Special Council is using this to analyze data in new ways. Algo changes might seem too soon, but he may already know about some low-hanging fruit after all the legal back and forth. We will likely never know the answer to this.

Am I the only one not surprised? I do believe more is coming and I think a bigger point is being made and issue resolved with free speech. His point being, did you see this other side of the story

Except this wasn't "the other side of the story"

It was made up garbage from a source that has been repeatedly outright lying about batpoop insane stuff. For years and years.

The same source reported in 2016 that Hillary Clinton had died and replaced with a body double.

That's not the other side, that's crazy people.

Elon is the richest guy in the world, if he doesn't have time to at least do a cursory check of "Is this source Lizard People Are Controlling Your Minds" unreliable then surely he could afford someone on staff who can.

It’s very interesting to see that the people criticizing him the harshest are all people who haven’t revolutionized EV tech, nor Space travel but rather have benefited from his contributions.

Henry Ford vastly revolutionized mobility and manufacturing and even labor. All awesome things.

That doesn't mean he gets a pass for being an anti-semitic nazi supporter though..... or at least it shouldn't. Was it not ok for people to point those things out if they hadn't ALSO revolutionized the car industry in your mind?

Oh, some will find this funny... but what if his tweet was an experiment after modifying subtle things in the algo's? The Twitter Special Council is using this to analyze data in new ways.

Yes, testing crazy things in production systems, with your personal account, especially for something you can trivially create a test environment copy of, TOTALLY makes sense.

No, wait...the opposite of that.

Elon, the new minister of misinformation and Qanon smh… why?

Because he thinks the purpose of government is to subsidize and enable his every thought and let him do whatever he wants. Democracy gets in the way of that, so he prefers a corrupt government that isn't accountable to the people.

Also, destabilizing the US helps him with his business dealings with government actors in China, Saudi Arabia, and the like. And they can arbitrarily give him money and permits without popular support.

On top of that, he's narcissistic, impulsive, and thinks that he's saving the world (so anyone who gets in his way is anti-world).

Not the guy you want owning something like Twitter.

Henry Ford vastly revolutionized mobility and manufacturing and even labor. All awesome things.

That doesn't mean he gets a pass for being an anti-semitic nazi supporter though..... or at least it shouldn't. Was it not ok for people to point those things out if they hadn't ALSO revolutionized the car industry in your mind?
What’s that thing I’m always hearing when congress wants to insert a ton of non kosher meat into an otherwise decent bill?

“Don’t let perfect be the enemy of progress”

I’m willing to give Elon some liberties here even if I don’t agree with him wholesale if it leads to improving the platform. Even if that means he eventually says “to hell with it” and shutters it permanently (Not at all opposed to this, actually)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.