Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Full on BS. Elon firing the guy is cancel culture at its extreme. Penalizing those for explaining a situation with the truth in a non confrontational way is the opposite ”free speech absolutist” as well against the principles Elon espoused. one can argue that there are consequences for speech , but that SAME person should not be also railing against cancel culture.
I'm sorry, but no. If the boss doesn't like what you say or how you say it you can expect to be fired, especially if they are as fragile as Elon has turned out to be and you are doing it in public. Elon is coming off as a childish clown in this entire Twitter mess but as long as he's not banning people from Twitter for speaking out against him then it's not "cancel culture" at all.

I'm sorry, but no. If the boss doesn't like what you say or how you say it you can expect to be fired, especially if they are as fragile as Elon has turned out to be and you are doing it in public. Elon is coming off as a childish clown in this entire Twitter mess but as long as he's not banning people from Twitter for speaking out against him then it's not "cancel culture" at all.
It isnt cancel culture and I am sorry cancel culture isnt new. It has gone on forever. Tell someone that was gay in the past that stayed in the closet for fear of being what people now call cancelled, hell we had countries even 1st world countries that would kill gay people. WW2 hero Alan Turing you know the guy who broke the Nazi Enigma machine code was chemically castrated and imprisoned in England for being gay. Of course the Dixie Chicks were cancelled for not supporting the Iraq war. Lets not forget the Hollywood Black list of the 1940s and 1950s when the right made all sorts of accusations of people being communists. Could go on and on about figures and beliefs over the ages that were so called cancelled.

Oh wonderful. Today Elon is chatting it up with a Brazilian CPAC guy and replying to someone who said "election fraud was mathematically proven" in Brazil. For such a moderate this guy really loves the right wing hardliners.
yup. I noticed that as well. He also loves to chat with Tom Fitton (stop the steal guy, involved with legal efforts to overturn 2020 etc)

I just wanna know when coast to coast FSD is coming out. Been almost 6 years since Elon promised it at the end of 2017. 😅
FSD like REAL FSD - Level 4 at minimum and definitely hands-free and not having to watch at all times like a hawk and liability is with the driver ? ... probably not with the existing cars and no LIDAR / Radar input...

What a load of crap. Disgruntled x-employee.
That post was before being fired but def disgruntled. Seems like another person who didn't want to stay at Twitter after Elon took over. I've seen a lot of seemingly tech savvy people saying Elon doesn't know what he's talking about and explaining why but I have zero knowledge on the topic to judge accurately.

That post was before being fired but def disgruntled. Seems like another person who didn't want to stay at Twitter after Elon took over. I've seen a lot of seemingly tech savvy people saying Elon doesn't know what he's talking about and explaining why but I have zero knowledge on the topic to judge accurately.

The bias in those people make what they say have to be taken with a gigantic grain of salt.

I again stand by what I have said previously - this is some neural net programming with AI, Twitter is based on 20-year old technology that is well-established in the hosting industry and web programming industries. It's a whole lot simpler tech than Tesla and SpaceX. If Elon can "master" those techs, I have zero reason to believe he doesn't know what he is doing regarding the tech at Twitter (I'm not talking social aspects - you guys can debate that till you are blue in the face).

What a load of crap. Disgruntled x-employee.

I'm sorry, but AGAIN - Twitter is not a complicated application, nor is it a complicated multi-server setup.

It appears complex enough Elon keeps not understanding how it works and isn't bothering to take a minute to actually learn before throwing switches.

Yet ANOTHER example just came up... remember yesterday he announced he was turning off a bunch of services because they're not actually important?

Turns out at least one of them was.

followed by

It appears complex enough Elon keeps not understanding how it works and isn't bothering to take a minute to actually learn before throwing switches.

Yet ANOTHER example just came up... remember yesterday he announced he was turning off a bunch of services because they're not actually important?

Turns out at least one of them was.

followed by

Not exactly what I was referring to. I was referring more to what it is coded in, and the sysadmin-side of the server setup (PHP, DB cluster, etc.).

That's features within the code, which I could really care less about. He will figure that out, eventually, but if it's as "well run" as the rest of Twitter, it's probably is poorly documented in the actual code.

I was referring to more server-side stuff, which he's looking to cut in order save $$$. Still a lot of low-hanging fruit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.