Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question nobody in the media seems to ask is what Musk was expecting and ultimately needs.

It sounds like this was also what was not actually communicated to the staff he was asking to stay.

The excellent thread by the twitter engineer posted recently covers this.... folks were given a loyalty test, with NO information about future vision, plans, expectations, or compensation other than "Agree to work insanely hard because we say so or GTFO"

So I go back to what I wrote earlier- getting folks to do this at Tesla or SpaceX was "easy" because there WAS a clear vision, a clear plan, and a very exciting one- plus clear practical compensation offered to do it.

Here there was none of it but a trust me bro.

After 7 months of the guy asking you to trust him had been speaking loudly about how much your company sucks so he could buy it cheaper.

Not a reliable site. The owner of BI has a public beef with Elon and this site has been known to repeatedly print completely false articles.

So what you appear to be saying is that people should check their sources before posting, and that mis-information is bad despite being within the limits of free-speech?

I totally agree! Now how about you get your dear leader on board with those two rules

So what you appear to be saying is that people should check their sources before posting, and that mis-information is bad despite being within the limits of free-speech?

I totally agree! Now how about you get your dear leader on board with those two rules

Don't disparage me by calling him my "dear leader". I'm not beholden to Musk for anything, and if you knew me better you would know I've been EXTREMELY critical about Tesla service in the past. I don't look at Musk with rose-colored glasses.

• Funny
Reactions: thx1139 and ohmman
It sounds like this was also what was not actually communicated to the staff he was asking to stay.
Why would he?

Or put a different way. How do you know he didn’t communicate this to the people he considers key staff? Among all the chaos, there have been a lot of comments about Musk meeting with staff.

Musk was complaining about things that needed fixed. If employees were too blind to realize bots were a problem on the platform… Musk doesn’t want them on staff regardless.

He’s holding onto his dream.

Wonder whether Elon will be subject to shadow-banning. He has allegedly long been an innocent victim of this insidious woke practice.

Has the bird simply been moved into a larger cage???

lol. so Elon is now openly saying shadow-banning is a go ahead if the tweet is too offensive. lol.
hey - for holocaust denial tweets users will have to search a bit harder. super comforting for advertisers.

If he would have said "those that leave will get 3 months severance. Those that stay will get a 10% raise" he would have had very different results. Reward the people taking a chance

It's a nice idea/gesture, but since I'm actually a hiring manager I can assure you that a 10% raise does not make people stay - it at best makes them delay leaving and often not that.

Giving those that stay a very large option grant that gives them a stake in the success of the thing they're being asked to work 80 hours a week on? That might move the needle.

Jobs created more jobs and Apple still has a market cap of 2.4 Trillion ... Tesla is 0.56 Trillion. to put into context.

I do see the parallels between Jobs and Elon (especially the brilliant-but-an-a-hole dimension).

Jobs should be given credit for his visionary work on computers, music players, and of course the iPhone.

That said, Apple soared into the trillions long after Jobs was gone. It was at less than $20/share when he died

Why would he?

Because they'd have 0 reason to agree to what he asks without it.

Or put a different way. How do you know he didn’t communicate this to the people he considers key staff?

Because we literally were told that by the people who got the ultimatum- in detail- calling out the MULTIPLE things Musk COULD have given as info- any ONE of which may have prompted them to stay.

I guess you didn't read the thread posted at least twice now- and directly quoted several more times- with this excellent blow by blow of the actual thought process among the engineers?

Here it is yet again.

When Jobs died, his net worth was NOT remotely close to what Elon's is now, not even counting what Elon's was at peak.

Stop moving the goal posts, I was referring ONLY to $$$$, nothing else.
No, your initial post on this sub discussion was about "successful" business people. You said nothing about net worth specifically, so you moved the goal posts. And even if you did mean net worth, you were wrong, as John D. Rockefeller was far wealthier when adjusted for inflation or percentage of GDP.

Reactions: advocate8
When Jobs died, his net worth was NOT remotely close to what Elon's is now, not even counting what Elon's was at peak.

Stop moving the goal posts, I was referring ONLY to $$$$, nothing else.
People should avoid comparing the 2 in general. The gulf between what the world was like when Jobs built Apple and today is massive. Jobs empire was largely pre-interenet. Post internet, things scale much quicker. Much of the gains Apple realized from the iPhone came after Jobs died.

Not arguing with your point (and I don't know that you even brought it up). It's just a poor metric.

No, your initial post on this sub discussion was about "successful" business people. You said nothing about net worth specifically, so you moved the goal posts. And even if you did mean net worth, you were wrong, as John D. Rockefeller was far wealthier when adjusted for inflation or percentage of GDP.

You were the first to reply, on my reply I clarified I was talking specifically about net worth, nothing more nothing less. It's other here that want to move those goalposts.

Because they'd have 0 reason to agree to what he asks without it.

Because we literally were told that by the people who got the ultimatum- in detail- calling out the MULTIPLE things Musk COULD have given as info- any ONE of which may have prompted them to stay.
Again... you are assuming he didn't talk specifically to the people he wanted to keep.

You don't need to explain to the chaff why it needs to stick around.

Reactions: Krugerrand
Status
Not open for further replies.