Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair question, and I think the "Tiger Woods" metric applies.

Elon has utterly destroyed his pubilc image and done permanent damage to all brands he's associated with.

His only rational course of action is to go Tiger Woods - SHUT UP, act humble. STOP the activity that brought the shame, focus on your sport - or in this case your core engineering strengths. Go make the Cyber Truck amazing. The Semi truck. Go launch StarShip to the moon and to Mars. NEVER EVER revisit your pubilc stupidity other than to very generally accept ownership of past bad decisions.

And in 3 years, you get to start a new chapter. With fans, who have crossed the magic "Tiger Woods" public memory boundary

Nice story. Too bad it's a fairy tale. Elon has no filter, no handlers, no accountability.

It would be nice for him to STFU for 3 years but I don't think he can go 5 minutes. Which is fine but he needs to change to PG level topics.

Unfortunately, Elon seems to be surrounded by sycophants and yesmen that use him rather than care for him.

People like Jack and Jason wanted to be a part of Elon's grand twitter adventure with no care of what it could mean to their friend.

Maybe the poll is to get people to create Twitter accounts? I don't care if he stays or leaves and am not going to vote since I don't even have a Twitter account and I'm not creating one.

How will I get to eat popcorn if he leaves Twitter though? Tell me that!

I expect the poll, like all recent ones, was created to feed the runaway Elon Ego, with the hope that it validated everything he's doing.

And when it fails to do that, he will blame "woke bots" and also insist that he didn't actually mean what he said - that he'd step down - he has important "stabilizing" work to do before honoring his word. On to the next poll until it says what he wants...

Nice story. Too bad it's a fairy tale. Elon has no filter, no handlers, no accountability.

It would be nice for him to STFU for 3 years but I don't think he can go 5 minutes. Which is fine but he needs to change to PG level topics.

Unfortunately, Elon seems to be surrounded by sycophants and yesmen that use him rather than care for him.

People like Jack and Jason wanted to be a part of Elon's grand twitter adventure with no care of what it could mean to their friend.

I didn't say he could DO it. I just explained the way forward if he wanted to re-habilitate his public image, which has been done by people who were in even worse shape than where he's at.

I am under no illusion that he's capable of the required work to accomplish the task. So I agree. Hence my favoring new leadership everywhere except Space-X where he could be sheltered and handled

It must be a remarkable set of circumstances that has forced him to even take this step. He hasn’t had guardrails this entire time and is surrounded by sycophants. Wonder what did it?

This did happen once before where he was fired as CEO of PayPal. I have to think, like last time, somebody or group said enough. Maybe Tesla board? Maybe other Twitter investors?

I thought maybe friends and family, but I think this doesn’t happen unless his hand is forced. Even realizing Twitter is a financial abyss probably wouldn’t do it IMO.

When did this thread get moved from investors to off topic? A Telsa CEO who is creating controversy daily with tweets on Twitter seems relevant to Tesla investors.

Moderator: Because Moderators tired of having to burn their hazmat suits immediately upon performing the necessary work keeping this noxious soup of rabid plesiosaur drool from oozing out into the rest of the Investor Sector.

Or haven’t you read any single random page of this thread?

Elon has utterly destroyed his pubilc image and done permanent damage to all brands he's associated with.
His only rational course of action is to go Tiger Woods - SHUT UP, act humble.

Yeah, that's a really great analogy and strategy. He will not do that.

100% certain he will choose the George Zimmerman approach instead. The writing isn't on the wall, it's frickin' carved in stone.

To be fair - I think plausible concern over human safety is a perfectly good reason to delete tweets.

But this is the guy who DEMANDED we make Free Speech an absolute priority - even when it involved horribly crap that everyone agreed was worth banning.

But, this isn't a case of a tweet being deleted.

This is a case of someone being banned for a prior article she wrote many, many months ago.

To my knowledge it had nothing to do with any recent tweet.

For the few who might be interested in what Elon has in mind for Twitter, check out this interview from Rob Maurer with an author who did six years of research and interviews with all the key players of X.com and PayPal. And, covers Elon's unfulfilled vision for X.com.

I like Rob. His Achilles, if he has one, is his inability to see that emotion and narrative do play roles in business and investing.

Well, it's 11AM in Qatar and the deals have been done. I figured he'd swing by Beijing to sign some final paperwork while he was over there but apparently Elon's on his way back home to Austin(?)

So if anyone here does UberEats deliveries in North Texas, Northern California, or anywhere else in America, it's probably best if you take tomorrow off.

1671436296768.png

When did this thread get moved from investors to off topic? A Tesla CEO who is creating controversy daily with tweets on Twitter seems relevant to Tesla investors.
It got moved way before anyone dreamed it was going to get so bad, so fast. What I find more surprising is there are still people here who support Musk's mishandling of Twitter and who see the people who object to his dumbassery as akin to TSLSAQ.

It was clear to me from the start that Elon was totally clueless about free speech, content moderation, and how social media functions. I held out a shred of hope that he would learn from his mistakes and turn things around. I was taken by surprise when he kept doubling down on alienating almost everyone who is not a fan of his crazy alt-right BS. The hubris is strong in this one.

Yeah, I recently defended Elon to a friend:

Twitter is all about mastering the algorithm. FSD is all about mastering the algorithm. The entire future of humanity is all about mastering the algorithm.
This isn't about social media, it's a brilliant acquisition and consolidation of algorithm technology.

Turns out it had nothing to do with strategy or technology. He was just embarrassed for making such an ass of himself and wanted to redirect the blame on Dr. Fauci.

He's just going to duck down behind a desk and let this guy run the company ...

View attachment 886540
Breaking news

NEW Twitter CEO announced:

Eilon Musz is a German engineer, business magnate, investor, and industrialist who was born on June 28, 1971. He is known for his innovative and ambitious approach to business, as well as his drive to push the boundaries of what is possible in the field of engineering and technology.

After earning his degree in engineering from a top German university, Eilon began his career at a small tech startup where he quickly rose through the ranks to become one of the company's top executives. He eventually left the startup to pursue his own entrepreneurial ventures, and in the years that followed, he has founded and run several successful companies in a variety of industries, including renewable energy, transportation, and space travel.

Eilon's companies are known for their cutting-edge technology and innovative products, and he has become one of the most respected and influential figures in the business world. In addition to his work as an entrepreneur, Eilon also invests in a number of other companies and charitable causes, and he is recognized for his philanthropic efforts as well as his business acumen.

Recently, Eilon has taken on a new role as the CEO of Twitter, where he is already making a significant impact. Despite his many successes, Eilon remains humble and dedicated to his work, and he continues to push the boundaries of what is possible in the world of engineering and technology. He is widely regarded as one of the most brilliant and visionary minds of his generation, and his impact on the world of business and technology is undeniable.

Elondefault_256_256.png

Last edited:
Fundamentally Elon's formula has worked well in the past, move fast have a small motived team and a clear mission, make a lot of the calls.

What is different this time seem to be the glare of the public spot light, every mistake is highlighted rather than being something which happens behind closed doors, And the "human interaction" side is a bigger part of the business and more challenging.

Elon just has to recognise when he is better off consulting others before making decisions and proceeding more carefully.

Part of the rush is the need to turn Twitter financials around, he has been there before just not with the public glare and "human interaction" challenges.

I think he has recognised the need for a manger as he is starting to annoy and offend people that he doesn't want to annoy and offend. Before he just assumed he was offending people he intended to offend. That is my tentative read.
This.
I might add that in the technological realm his intuition is waaaaay more accurate than in the social one.
You can tweak and tinker all you want in hardware, and even in software: the universe is giving you feedback, if it works it works.
Things don't have feelings or memories, so you can stress them until they work.

Not so much with real people... They do have feelings and biases and they remember. Feedback is way more chaotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.