Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More straw man. No one here is saying the completion is level yet.
They haven’t closed the gap, but its true that Elon having his eye off the ball has to be helping them narrow it.

No, NOT a strawman argument. They haven't even narrowed it. Most of the cars released have feature sets that still can't match the 2012 Model S (OTA updates - yeah, 11 years later no one still is doing those in any significant percentage except Tesla).

For over a DECADE now we've heard "the competition is coming". It hasn't, not in any meaningful way.

What we've learned in that time is that Tesla is actually a lot better at EVs than the traditional auto makers, and is innovating much faster (compare the coolant flow in a Model 3/Y to anyone else - nearly hundred meters of hoses vs. about a dozen meters). Their powertrain is LOADS more efficient, lighter, and reliable than the competition. Everything people complain about (panel gaps) appears to be limited to production from one factory (Fremont). You just don't hear those complaints about Shanghai and Berlin made cars. Even Farley this week said on the Ford conference call that the Mach-E had over a MILE of extra copper wiring in it for the harnesses that was not necessary.

No, when you actually dig into the details, the competition is not gaining on Tesla, they are falling further behind.

I've driven just about every EV out there (I travel a lot for business, I rent or Turo an EV every chance I get). The charging experience aside (which is an absolute *sugar* show for every car out there except Tesla), all the competition cars are significant compromises and a lot have some known major issues (Mach-E battery recall, Porsche battery "warranty" battery replacements en masse, VW unable to push any kind of functional OS for the first 18 months of the ID.3/4 being sold).

No, when you actually dig into the details, the competition is not gaining on Tesla, they are falling further behind.

I've driven just about every EV out there (I travel a lot for business, I rent or Turo an EV every chance I get). The charging experience aside (which is an absolute *sugar* show for every car out there except Tesla), all the competition cars are significant compromises and a lot have some known major issues (Mach-E battery recall, Porsche battery "warranty" battery replacements en masse, VW unable to push any kind of functional OS for the first 18 months of the ID.3/4 being sold).

I was in a situation where I needed to charge the MX at an EA today. After waiting 10 minutes for a spot to open

EA app?
Broken. Okay let’s try wallet.

Card readers?
All but one station refused to read EA card in Apple wallet.

Experience?
Pretty miserable and I’m pretty open minded about EV charging. Most people wouldn’t be that forgiving.

Gee, I can’t put my finger on it but I would surmise that ex-employees would do their best to cast Twitter under new management in a bad light in an attempt to mask their malfeasance (which lead to their separation)
You know what the penalties are for lying to Congress right? Why would they expose themselves to legal liability over this?

And you're alleging bias as the reason you shouldn't believe the ex-employees but you accept everything that comes out of Elon's mouth as gospel? Like, the same Elon that claims to be moderate but told people to vote for Republicans the day of the midterms? :rolleyes:

Gee, I can’t put my finger on it but I would surmise that ex-employees would do their best to cast Twitter under new management in a bad light in an attempt to mask their malfeasance (which lead to their separation)
They are testifying. Either side could ask them whatever they want. One side dragged them in for no discernible reason and had every chance in the world….
And…Of course they weren’t dumb enough to commit perjury with such a large number of people watching dying to catch them in any minor inaccuracy.

Last edited:
ElectricIAC, do you recall post #13,235 ?
Oy Vey indeed. I normally wouldn't point the finger at people for what they don't say or post, but if they're actively cherry picking stories to tell a narrative instead of just following the data, I will.

Oh look at this:

Twitter suffers 'massive outage' under Elon Musk leaving users unable to tweet, message and more​

You can cut a lot of staff and the systems will keep running...until something starts to go wrong. And then the chickens come home to roost.

Elon prioritising robustness - Super Bowl in 3 days

"OK, who know's how to revert recent pull requests and restart the deploy pipeline to the last known stable image, and reverse the matching database schemas ?" "What? We fired them... ALL of them... because they didn't write new features and didn't pass the ninja-coding-skills test since they were infrastructure experts? Um... ok, so... let's send an email to all-hands and see if anyone used to do that kind of work..."

Oy Vey indeed. I normally wouldn't point the finger at people for what they don't say or post, but if they're actively cherry picking stories to tell a narrative instead of just following the data, I will.

Oh look at this:

Twitter suffers 'massive outage' under Elon Musk leaving users unable to tweet, message and more​

You can cut a lot of staff and the systems will keep running...until something starts to go wrong. And then the chickens come home to roost.
Twitter isn’t the only app or site that had issues.

What’s that about cherry picking?

• Disagree
Reactions: B@ndit
This genuinely made me lol
20230209_132729.png

So I guess anti-Musk clowns think Elon brought down Facebook/Instagram/Youtube as well?

So I guess anti-Musk clowns think Elon brought down Facebook/Instagram/Youtube as well?

Two similar things can happen for very different reasons.

Plus, saying “But Officer, those other drivers were speeding, too” doesn’t mean the original speeding driver didn’t speed, isn’t at fault, or gets to waive his ticket.

Reactions: B@ndit
Status
Not open for further replies.