Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they quit in disgust and they put their names out there they'd probably have 5 offers on the table within 2 weeks.
Isn't big tech like Google, Amazon, FB, Yahoo, Zoom..........laying off thousands of people right now?

Seems to me these CEO's are taking a page out of Elon's book and cleaning house.

How marketable will a former (and disgruntled?) Twitter employee be these days?

Isn't big tech like Google, Amazon, FB, Yahoo, Zoom..........laying off thousands of people right now?

Seems to me these CEO's are taking a page out of Elon's book and cleaning house.

My guess would be more marketable than average since the average quality of the person let go goes up with percentage of employees let go and the arbitrariness of the selection process. Also people who quit are the ones confident they can get another job (or don’t need one).
This isn’t the first weak tech job market.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
It’s no way to run a company when the employees are afraid to tell the emperor that he has no clothes on. Can you imagine needing to risk being fired (and possibly deported) when providing critical feedback about something in Twitter just because Musk might not like your answer?

Elon Musk Is Reportedly Firing People Over His Own Flop Tweets

Internally, the atmosphere is tense. “When you’re asked a question, you run it through your head and say ‘what is the least fireable response I can have to this right now?'” another employee told Platformer.
If I were the engineer I’d go out in a flame. Tell Space Karen to go F himself.

Elon Musk’s reach on Twitter is dropping — he just fired a top engineer over it

On Tuesday, Musk gathered a group of engineers and advisors into a room at Twitter’s headquarters looking for answers. Why are his engagement numbers tanking?

Wait...so Elon called a meeting because his engagement numbers were tanking? Not because the company's metrics were tanking, but because his numbers were tanking? The engineers should have quit on the spot and told Elon to go F himself. Elon's stupid numbers could tank but as long as the company is making a bigger profit, that is what matters. Not Elon's personal numbers. Now I suppose you could argue that since Twitter isn't publicly traded and Elon is the owner, he could define its mission as being "whatever Elon wants". But companies whose owners use their companies to try to support their own personal interests instead of the interests of the company generally don't do too well. There was a company called Fry's Electronics which the owners apparently used to support their gambling habits. We never got a look at its financials because it wasn't required to ever show them but it's defunct now.

Interesting article if true. I've been quiet here now since I don't see the point, but would be great if I knew folks that worked there to share how things really are in case folks here claim the negative articles are all lying.

Sounds like a pretty bad place to still be working at and hard to go hardcore when you know lots of other folks are looking for other jobs and would leave first chance they get.

As a percentage of the overall company, those other firings are nothing. Twitter is down what, 80-85% of the employees now? Those other companies also hired, sometimes 100% or 200% more people during the pandemic times.

Reactions: stopcrazypp
As a percentage of the overall company, those other firings are nothing. Twitter is down what, 80-85% of the employees now? Those other companies also hired, sometimes 100% or 200% more people during the pandemic times.
Yep, people act like it's equivalent, but the scale of firings were much less. I've repeated this a billion times on this thread, but Twitter likely would have fired people to deal with the economy regardless of Elon's purchase, but it wouldn't be nearly the same scale Elon did.

Yeah, there's been a lot of reported anecdotes like this over the years - Elon randomly firing people who are under pressure who give him an answer he doesn't like. Nothing new, but seems quite reactive and certainly getting more attention these days.
It was all “kosher” until he became an apostate to the progressives.

Everyone else was criticizing him before it became fashionable. 🥰

I think it was more that people assumed it was sour grapes, or simply disgruntled employees, and because Elon has long been a target for attack from people with vested interests many gave Elon the benefit, including myself.

However, since he's been airing dirty laundry and otherwise acting like a prat leading up to, during, and after, the Twitter acquisition it's pretty much all out there in the open now.

As far as I remember, it was until he called someone a pedophile who bashed his efforts to help children caught in a cave.

The space karen event showed that reason can make way to political/emotional positions regarding simple technical-like issues.

But now it has become a more continuous thing, and he is doubling down on it.

About which I wouldn't say anything if the timely progress to renewables didn't still need him. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.