Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of warranty inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my end of warranty inspection done at the local SC. My warranty expires early next month so I wanted to do an EWI as those have saved me some money in the past. Tesla charged $222 for the inspection and I paid extra to have some maintenance done which I considered appropriate. I'm glad I did it as they found out that the right daylight running light was not working - they would replace the whole headlight assembly under warranty which they told me is a $1.2k part.

I just had my end of warranty inspection done at the local SC. My warranty expires early next month so I wanted to do an EWI as those have saved me some money in the past. Tesla charged $222 for the inspection and I paid extra to have some maintenance done which I considered appropriate. I'm glad I did it as they found out that the right daylight running light was not working - they would replace the whole headlight assembly under warranty which they told me is a $1.2k part.

By paying $222 for the inspection, you've easily saved by the $1,200 headlight assembly replacement. Very good move! Congratulations!

Reactions: .Slug
That EWI paid for itself! Great tip, definitely will keep this in mind when my warranty is close to expiring.

By paying $222 for the inspection, you've easily saved by the $1,200 headlight assembly replacement. Very good move! Congratulations!
$1200…glad I put 3M VViVID on my headlights…already had a rock bounce off that material and actually rip it which is really hard to do. Didn’t damage the headlights. I also plan to have inspections done at end of each Warrantee.

Reactions: Chris55555
That's no answer... the poster was looking for mileage and/or time.

4 yr/50,000 mi basic, 8 yr/100,000 mi powertrain
It actually was an answer, because it lead right to the answer of the question the user asked. This is a screenshot of the page that @sightman linked to, which provided the "full and complete" answer:

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 9.24.34 AM.png

Reactions: android04
Have an appointment for Monday. Requested End of Warranty Inspection. My estimate lists just a "General Inspection" for about $250. I'm worried that they are just going to check washer fluid, tires, etc. I really am trying to identify any issues before my warranty expires soon. Is there anything I should specifically request them look at or test? Thanks in advance

Have an appointment for Monday. Requested End of Warranty Inspection. My estimate lists just a "General Inspection" for about $250. I'm worried that they are just going to check washer fluid, tires, etc. I really am trying to identify any issues before my warranty expires soon. Is there anything I should specifically request them look at or test? Thanks in advance
FUCAs. History of them squeaking as you approach/pass warranty. $750 to replace both after warranty. Or you can go aftermarket MPP.

Ski

Reactions: WhiteM3P-
so you are asking Tesla to inspect and find warranty items Tesla would have to fix on their dime? Lol. That's like asking the home seller to also do an home inspection... I would imagine that if something truly $$$ would show up the response will be "in spec" "don't worry" "not a warranty item"

• Disagree
Reactions: smatthew
so you are asking Tesla to inspect and find warranty items Tesla would have to fix on their dime? Lol. That's like asking the home seller to also do an home inspection... I would imagine that if something truly $$$ would show up the response will be "in spec" "don't worry" "not a warranty item"
I understand the conflict, but I don't know of any other options as Tesla Service are the only ones who work on these vehicles. That is why I am looking for specific items to request they examine. Again, I really appreciate any input from experienced owners.

Reactions: house9
I tried this last month and, while Tesla ended up doing it for free after quoting $190, they never told me what they checked besides tire wear, brakes, suspension, and underbody panels (after I asked if there was any trapped material - so, maybe they lied about checking those). I was hoping for a comprehensive inspection of non-HV and drive train stuff but doesn’t seem like it.

Sure, it was all done as a courtesy but what was really accomplished? Maybe, in Chicago, they think like texas_star_tm3 does.