Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Energi - App for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$12.99 is certainly not an amount you have "to shell out", come on!

Be aware that this app is not a high volume app, if he is going to sell a few 100s that will probably be a good result. Now multiply that with 12.99 and compare with the work required to develop and maintain that app.

I think that price it's a very good bargain for us!
My point was, that if you want people to pay for the app, you have to tell them what they get for the money.

Right now there is nothing in the play store that indicates that the app is better in any way than the free app from Tesla. If it is in fact a better app, you need to say that in the description, or show it in the screenshots in such a way that it will convince people that it's worth the money.

Simply throwing up an app that does the same thing the Tesla app does, but without metric, and possibly missing other features as well, and then charging money for it, is not a recipe for success.

I see what the remote s people have done for iphones, and you can see monetary value to it, I'd pay for that. But this app? I don't see what's worth the money if I can do everything exactly the same with Tesla's app, and not have to figure out imperial measurements while I'm at it.

Reactions: msnow
I just want to clarify, it may seem I'm beating up on this app. I'm not. I want it to succeed. I just want some clear list somewhere of what makes this app great. If all that functionality is "coming soon" then fine, that's good too, I won't pay money for it until it's here, but I'll look forward to it.

(I don't spend money on future promises, only on delivered features, that's why I didn't buy an AP car until 7.0 came out and delivered AP, it's also why I carefully review the feedback on each software update before installing it. And why I'll only pay for this app once it delivers something that offers value to me.)

I just want to clarify, it may seem I'm beating up on this app. I'm not. I want it to succeed. I just want some clear list somewhere of what makes this app great. If all that functionality is "coming soon" then fine, that's good too, I won't pay money for it until it's here, but I'll look forward to it.

(I don't spend money on future promises, only on delivered features, that's why I didn't buy an AP car until 7.0 came out and delivered AP, it's also why I carefully review the feedback on each software update before installing it. And why I'll only pay for this app once it delivers something that offers value to me.)
^^^ @geen1 - NOT a risk taker :)

Thanks @murphyS90D. It fixed it.

I just tried the trip planner and I got numbers that don't work. I have 79% right now and I planned a trip of 94 mi from Santa Cruz to Big Sur. The app says I'll have 54%. The car says I'll have 39%. I know the 54 is definitely wrong. Unless, of course, I went 30 MPH the whole way! The 39 is optimistic, which the car always is. I would expect to be at about 30.

Hope that is helpful.

I love the app!

Hey guys! The update has been approved and is now on the App Store. You can now control Tesla from your Apple Watch and my favorite feature is to now set Climate Control Alarms! I am now cracking on to v2.0 which will have an INCREDIBLE amount of new features, like voice commands on the Apple Watch and Phone App. Check out this video below to see what I mean. And Don't worry Android users, I hear you loud and clear.

Summoning the Tesla using Voice Commands on Apple Watch
Have you consider making a Tesla app that also works om galaxy watch that runs Tizen os.