Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Savings Trust loan for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Scheduled for collection Edin Fri 13/03. Invoice received on Monday 02/03, but only verified by Tesla in 04/03.

Now 05/03 and told by EST on Day 2/10 of the “claim stage”.

Seems I had wrongly assumed that 10 days was the absolute upper limit but from speaking to them today sounds like it takes 10 days regardless.

Has anyone else had any experience? Did it take shorter than the 10 days? What do you think my chances are for making next Friday?

Hi everyone,

Scheduled for collection Edin Fri 13/03. Invoice received on Monday 02/03, but only verified by Tesla in 04/03.

Seems I had wrongly assumed that 10 days was the absolute upper limit but from speaking to them today sounds like it takes 10 days regardless.

Has anyone else had any experience? Did it take shorter than the 10 days? What do you think my chances are for making next Friday?

Hopefully it will be quicker than 10 days! the agreement letter states.Once your full claim has been received it will be processed within 10 working days.

I called them today also. They received my invoice, DD mandate etc yesterday but it is till sitting in an in tray to be processed. They say they have a big backlog and are short staffed.

On another note I see the loan is now closed to new applications and should re launch in April with new terms and conditions!

My collection is not until the 24th of March so hopefully will be fine. I think it will be tight!

Keep us posted on how you get on

• Informative
Reactions: ediflyer
Hi everyone,

I think its a gamble mate, some folk get handled quickly. Mine seemed to take forever. Keep emailing them for an update, I would hear nothing for a week then I would email them and within an hour they would say it was at the next stage so feels like they are happy to leave you waiting if you arent chasing them.

What’s the next step after “invoice verification with dealership”. Tesla verified my invoice and returned it to EST last Wednesday. I spoke with EST today, they confirmed they have it on file but all they say is it will be processed in due course.

Same r
What’s the next step after “invoice verification with dealership”. Tesla verified my invoice and returned it to EST last Wednesday. I spoke with EST today, they confirmed they have it on file but all they say is it will be processed in due course.
Same response have to me. Tesla also returned last Wednesday. Told very busy and taking up to the 10 days to process after this and then 3-5 days for transfer. Pretty worried (as with others in forum) that not gonna have funds for delivery (Friday) - it’s really not looking likely now.

In fairness to EST - they told me that Tesla are aware that they take 10 days to process so should have really had their invoices out to us significantly before when they did.

Same r

Same response have to me. Tesla also returned last Wednesday. Told very busy and taking up to the 10 days to process after this and then 3-5 days for transfer. Pretty worried (as with others in forum) that not gonna have funds for delivery (Friday) - it’s really not looking likely now.

In fairness to EST - they told me that Tesla are aware that they take 10 days to process so should have really had their invoices out to us significantly before when they did.

Totally agree. I was allocated a VIN on February 14th. I’ve read these can change, but mine hasn’t. The invoices should be generated the minute a car is allocated. Tesla called last week to confirm delivery and ask if EST was being used to part fund. I confirmed that they were. All I was advised to do was to forward the invoice once it appears in my Tesla account. Why doesn’t Tesla just ask for the loan reference, and forward it the minute the invoice is generated? This would shave 2 or 3 days off the process.

I’m fortunate to be able to scrape enough together to fund the car. Had I added FSD I would need to wait for the EST funds to clear.

Last edited:
I believe after that its 'claim being checked' where it goes to management for final approval. It was about 10 days between "claim being checked" and "funds sent" for me.

Reactions: Andy6781
I called the EST today also...

They received my invoice on Wed 4th of March, Tesla approved it on Friday the 6th. The person on the phone said I am on day 3 today of 10. She then said I should be on the payment run on the week beginning the 23rd! That is 13 days! My collection is due on the 24th. I do not want to move it but not sure i have much choice!
How can you arrange a collection of a car if you do not have any idea when you will get the loan funds? Madness. I don't think I can put my hands on the funds elsewhere in such short notice.

I called the EST today also...

They received my invoice on Wed 4th of March, Tesla approved it on Friday the 6th. The person on the phone said I am on day 3 today of 10. She then said I should be on the payment run on the week beginning the 23rd! That is 13 days! My collection is due on the 24th. I do not want to move it but not sure i have much choice!
How can you arrange a collection of a car if you do not have any idea when you will get the loan funds? Madness. I don't think I can put my hands on the funds elsewhere in such short notice.
The payment run is Tues/Wed/Thurs I believe so even if its the week starting 23rd, they wont be sending funds til at least 24th. If they do send on 24th you should be well within the time frame to receive them for a second delivery date which you get 7 days later if I'm not mistaken.

Hi Folks, 1st posting though i have followed a few threads on this forum since ordering my M3SRP on 30/1- all standard car spec. My car is on the Morning Cara and i have a pick up date of 16/3 from Edinburgh. I also applied to EST for funding on 30/1 and was told last week that they were still waiting to hear back from Tesla to validate the invoice and then it would take 10 working days to process. I called Tesla right away and they confirmed they had already validated the invoice and sent back to EST. Tesla also indicated based on their experience in dealing with EST that the funds should be made available by 20/3. This is all happening too late for the funds to arrive in time but fortunately i have been able to pay for the car from other funds. It states in the final invoice that the full payment must be made 7 days before delivery. Not sure if that applies to those funding via EST though? My concern now is EST run out of funds with end of financial year pending and late rush on applications. That would soon take the smile off my face.