Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Savings Trust loan for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks, 1st posting though i have followed a few threads on this forum since ordering my M3SRP on 30/1- all standard car spec. My car is on the Morning Cara and i have a pick up date of 16/3 from Edinburgh. I also applied to EST for funding on 30/1 and was told last week that they were still waiting to hear back from Tesla to validate the invoice and then it would take 10 working days to process. I called Tesla right away and they confirmed they had already validated the invoice and sent back to EST. Tesla also indicated based on their experience in dealing with EST that the funds should be made available by 20/3. This is all happening too late for the funds to arrive in time but fortunately i have been able to pay for the car from other funds. It states in the final invoice that the full payment must be made 7 days before delivery. Not sure if that applies to those funding via EST though? My concern now is EST run out of funds with end of financial year pending and late rush on applications. That would soon take the smile off my face.

Don't quote me on this but I believe that more funding has been approved through the Scottish budget for this and applications are likely to re-open shortly, so I wouldn't worry too much about them running out of funds.

Hi Folks, 1st posting though i have followed a few threads on this forum since ordering my M3SRP on 30/1- all standard car spec. My car is on the Morning Cara and i have a pick up date of 16/3 from Edinburgh. I also applied to EST for funding on 30/1 and was told last week that they were still waiting to hear back from Tesla to validate the invoice and then it would take 10 working days to process. I called Tesla right away and they confirmed they had already validated the invoice and sent back to EST. Tesla also indicated based on their experience in dealing with EST that the funds should be made available by 20/3. This is all happening too late for the funds to arrive in time but fortunately i have been able to pay for the car from other funds. It states in the final invoice that the full payment must be made 7 days before delivery. Not sure if that applies to those funding via EST though? My concern now is EST run out of funds with end of financial year pending and late rush on applications. That would soon take the smile off my face.
I wouldn’t worry. The funds will be available if you’ve accepted the loan offer

Last leg, phone them and email them to chase them up, after this its “funds sent” and mine were sent Thursday afternoon and in my bank on Saturday.
Thanks Maz0.I'm in exactly the same situation as Andy, only I applied a couple of days before him. Mine changed to Claim being checked today and I dithered about calling them. I'll give them a ring in the morning.

Hi, can I ask a question? Due to collect Model 3 in Edinburgh Thursday this week and EST loan passed credit checks etc yesterday and today sitting with management for approval. I've temporarily raised enough cash to pay for the car and will do so once loan offer made. Then will wait on loan to reimburse current account. I noticed comments above re loan 'at dealership'. Can I check that the loan is paid to me rather than the dealer once complete? As the loan won't be paid in for another few weeks, will there be any issues with the payment being dated this week?

Hi, can I ask a question? Due to collect Model 3 in Edinburgh Thursday this week and EST loan passed credit checks etc yesterday and today sitting with management for approval. I've temporarily raised enough cash to pay for the car and will do so once loan offer made. Then will wait on loan to reimburse current account. I noticed comments above re loan 'at dealership'. Can I check that the loan is paid to me rather than the dealer once complete? As the loan won't be paid in for another few weeks, will there be any issues with the payment being dated this week?

The loan is paid to your bank account. But be careful as EST will not send funds if they find out you have paid for the car more than the cost of the initial deposit. You can try and be cheeky about it, but they also require proof of payment within 60 days of sending the loan funds, so not sure how you can show proof of payment that was before they sent you the funds or how they will react when you tell them that you temporarily made the purchase until the EST funds cleared.

You can’t pay anything else towards the car until the loan offer has been emailed to you.

The minute you sign and return the loan offer you can make payment to the car out of your own funds.

Reactions: ediflyer
You can’t pay anything else towards the car until the loan offer has been emailed to you.

The minute you sign and return the loan offer you can make payment to the car out of your own funds.

Great - that's the plan. Hopefully offer email in the next 24hrs, sign it, post it and pay Tesla. Worst case is defer till next week for collection, which will be a bit annoying but still possible. Thanks for your advice. John

Guys - any advice - I am really struggling here with EST.

I sent my invoice to them last Monday, told was verified on Wednesday and when I called on Thursday was told I was day 2/10 despite it really being day 4.

I phoned today for an update as anxious wont be making my delivery on Friday to be told invoice is awaiting verification, then that it has been verified, then that I am on day 2 again.

I’ve asked for a call back as I’m really struggling to know where I am with any of it. Probably should phone Tesla and try to delay by a week? But EST said “might not even be through by next week”?

any thoughts/advice? Such a stressful process......