Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Engie Australian EV charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another Vicinity shopping centre with Engie under construction. No orange chargefox adornment yet, nor stall painting, assume this is to come.
View attachment 919278
The Glen, Waverly (Melbourne)
Found via plugshare.
Live now - posted by the Chargefox CEO / Chargefox on LinkedIn today - John Sullivan on LinkedIn: Chargefox has always been quiet on the great work we do with our partners.…

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 18.36.15.png

Disappointing I know.
I also dont believe those chargers are operational in Werribee yet. Im not aware of any chargers in the entire Werribee district outside of the two that the large shopping center has there for customers.
The closest Supercharger is in either Moone Ponds and then nothing till Ballarat leaving a huge gap and some 3 local shire councils that seem to have no (or 1 or 2) chargers covering most of the western district of Urban Melbourne/ Vic.

More movement on the Engie network. Saw one by accident today, located at Caribbean Park east of Melbourne. Billing by ChargeFox obviously/

It's in a nice office park and not even 1 minute walk across the street from the 24/7 East link BP services with KFC/McD/Subway and a coffee shop, even a pedestrian crossing 4 stalls, 3CCS and 1 chademo. I didn't have the Tesla so I might drop down on the weekend to check charging speeds. Apparently up to 100kW. Interestingly the app shows that the charge speed is initially limited for a short period of 90s at the start of the charging session. I guess this ramps up to reduce in-rush current on its connection to the distribution network and check demand charges (Mega pack required!)., this site is 55c kWh compared to 45c at the other sites.

Location is fantastic for southbound travel, but also do-able for northbound with a 5 minute diversion.

Other sites I can see across Melbourne are:

- The Glen Shopping Centre, Glen Waverly, 100kW, 3xCCS 1xChademo
- Bayside Centre, Frankston, 120kW, 2xCCS
- Victoria Gardens, Richmond, 100kW, 3xCCS, 1xChademo

The good looking Kempower chargers will be worth a workout.

IMG_1075.jpgIMG_1076.jpgIMG_1077.jpg
IMG_1079.jpg

Zolt.

Last edited:
Engie up an running at Roselands Shopping Centre in SW Sydney

Looks like 2x 120kW CCS2 (ABB) and a couple of Type 2 AC units (JetCharge brand)

Reactions: Futuretech
Also looks like Engie Chatswood Chase opened today.

Unlike the Roselands one, DC seems to be charging $0.45/kWh

Similar setup with a dual CCS2 ABB station and two JetCharge AC wall points.

Last edited:
And another different type of DC charger being installed at Lake Haven (per Plugshare)
Screenshot_20230622-213610.png

Some Reverse Image searching leads me to think this is by Phihong of Taiwan who have similar looking models from 60-180kW.

So that's three DC brands for Engie - Kempower, ABB and Phihong

Last edited:
Reactions: Hairyman and scully
I'm sure it will look better once the Engie branded wrap and Chargefox stickers go on.

It's a rather bulky looking machine though.
The modularity (30kW rectifier units) is very similar to Tritium, whereas the controls and screen probably more like ABB.

Engie has a location map on their website for the 103 chargers they are supposed to install......But when you zoom in, the blue location dots disappear 😂

I guess they are trying to be very transparent, especially since it involves taxpayer funds /sarc

One possible location in the western suburbs of Melbourne seems to be Featherbrook shopping centre in Point Cook.

Last edited: