Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Air Quality Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered this the weekend it came out. Had my MX there for other maintenance and the part arrived there at about the same time.

Had it installed but saw the techs forgot to enable bio defense mode when I picked up the vehicle.

Tech plugged in the laptop and enabled it in about a minute.

I have confirmed that

1 - All Model X has ducting in place for HEPA filter upgrade.
2 - Biodefense mode is just a shortcut key to a.) Draw in fresh air. b.) Turn AC to on. c.) Set Fan Speed to 9.

You can save some money if you can get ahold of the filter independently from Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: Quesder
A little off topic, but while doing my morning coffee & dog run, all windows down, this large soft-water delivery truck pulls in front of me, and it stunk diesel horribly. Rolled up the the windows and engaged the Bio feature for my 1st time. It was a dream to have fresh air very quickly. Then we got stuck at a train crossing and I pulled right behind that stinkin truck, all good.

With Tesla changes and uncertainty regarding feature are a constant concern. While unfortunate, this fits a past pattern. Tesla discontinues retrofits whenever it makes sense for them and that might be rather quickly after introduction - same with factory-installed car features. They seem to offer very little in terms of continuity and expectactability for their customers, it is constant change, change, change. And not just for the better as can be seen, but often times also for the worse.

I think the suggestion that this may have happened because it may have affected PuP sales sounds plausible. The PuP certainly has lost a lot of its value due to the removal of ventilated seats, compared to its price that has remained the same. These two events happening at roughly the same time (HEPA filter retrofit, ventilated seat discontinuation) was a double hit on its value, especially when they did not change the price.

Reactions: boaterva
With Tesla changes and uncertainty regarding feature are a constant concern. While unfortunate, this fits a past pattern. Tesla discontinues retrofits whenever it makes sense for them and that might be rather quickly after introduction - same with factory-installed car features. They seem to offer very little in terms of continuity and expectactability for their customers, it is constant change, change, change. And not just for the better as can be seen, but often times also for the worse.

I think the suggestion that this may have happened because it may have affected PuP sales sounds plausible. The PuP certainly has lost a lot of its value due to the removal of ventilated seats, compared to its price that has remained the same. These two events happening at roughly the same time (HEPA filter retrofit, ventilated seat discontinuation) was a double hit on its value, especially when they did not change the price.
Excellent point, especially when you can also add/upgrade the interior lights yourself, also!

Reactions: AnxietyRanger

It won't change until they start to actually lose business due to it. I wonder how many of their customers even know of these or even go to their website after purchasing the vehicle. I'm sure us forum people make up a fraction of their sales, but I would like some continuity as well.

Reactions: AnxietyRanger
I asked my service center about it last week and they said the hepa filter retrofit is still in the system but there is no price for it so they can't give it to me. Hopefully they figure out a price that allows us who still want the HEPA filter to get it that doesn't drop PU purchases, or maybe someone like Evannex can make one?

I did it they had to call to get the pricing but the SC can do it rather quickly its really just gluing in a filter and switching on bio defense

When did you do it?

I think timing will be relevant to a lot of people here. :)

I was able to officially order it (and was in stock) so no tricks for me to go through.

I ordered the filter as soon as it was announced and had it installed when I took delivery of my RHD X last months.

Because they had removed the upgrade from the store the UK service centre only added £230 to my final invoice, so essentially I was able to get the only part of the PUP that was useful to me at a massive discount :).

Reactions: MXWing