Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot Back as 4k Option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reddit users are reporting the return of the Enhanced Autopilot option for $4k. Can anyone confirm this? I personally do not see the option when building a new MY, or in my account under "upgrade autopilot". But I also haven't accepted delivery or received a VIN.

According to the post, Enhanced Autopilot is advertised as including:
- Navigate on Autopilot
- Auto Lane Change
- Autopark
- Summon

• Informative
Reactions: Maryland
Available on my 2020 Model Y. Hmmm :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20200919-040116_Tesla.jpg

I’m wondering if this will make re-matching cars that are rejected/fall through a bit more difficult since now there are 3 options to consider (autopilot, enhanced, full). Can Tesla change this post-factory to better match a candidate that’s closer to the original delivery point?

I’m wondering if this will make re-matching cars that are rejected/fall through a bit more difficult since now there are 3 options to consider (autopilot, enhanced, full). Can Tesla change this post-factory to better match a candidate that’s closer to the original delivery point?
It’s just an OTA update, so that shouldn’t be a problem. Also, it does not appear to be available for cars that haven’t been delivered yet, so in that case, it definitely won’t be a problem.

Reactions: TRBo
I’m debating it as well. If you buy the upgrade after the original sale, you’re charged at the normal sales tax rate for your area. Buying it prior to delivery is a lower tax rate. (At least this is what I saw when experimenting for NC.)

Long term it would be cheaper for me to buy autopilot upgrade (now either EAP or FSD) after delivery because MSRP would be less for registration (for NV since registration is based on MSRP, it will be around ~$900/year). Plus if I understand correctly, I can just put it on Amex and get the points.

• Informative
Reactions: Janene