Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot (EAP)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think people are reading too much into this.

Tesla isn’t exactly known for its accuracy or consistency on things like this.

Everyone has TACC already. Why would paying extra for an additional option subtract functionality you already have?

Having FSD I’m not sure how I feel about this. “Autosteer on city streets” is something that can already be done, though it’s not supported. Perhaps the FSD rewrite is going to be revolutionary and they’re going to jack up the price beyond £6,800? Or maybe Q3 sales of FSD have been slow? With Tesla nothing is certain.

I’d be all over this if it wasn’t locked to the car. Don’t see why software can’t be linked to the user. If I buy Final Cut Pro or Photoshop etc, I can use that 5 years down the line on a new Laptop. If I have the car and write it off I’m instantly out of pocket. It’s not like I can try and whip it out and try salvage it, like if it was hardware. That’s my concern.

Even if they had a one transfer limit.

Interesting to see what the subscription option ends up being.

Honestly I think that all of these software things are going to turn into a SaaS product as soon as they work properly. It’s way easier to get people to pony up a cancelable £100/month than seven grand as a lump sum.

Slightly concerned about the possibility of TACC leaving the base autopilot package in the short term tho. I was going to get an M3 to drive into London, but I’m already pushing the budget and another £4K for basic functionality isn’t practical.

Honestly I think that all of these software things are going to turn into a SaaS product as soon as they work properly. It’s way easier to get people to pony up a cancelable £100/month than seven grand as a lump sum.

Slightly concerned about the possibility of TACC leaving the base autopilot package in the short term tho. I was going to get an M3 to drive into London, but I’m already pushing the budget and another £4K for basic functionality isn’t practical.

when you say leaving the base autopilot are you thinking it will stop being sold as standard? Or actually withdrawn from existing vehicles?

I've got a leaked copy of the upgrades that will be available with Tesla Software Version 11 and there's some exciting new UK-special features.
;)

Tesla UK Upgrades.jpg

Some good info on the Facebook Model 3 group. TACC doesn’t go away with the EAP upgrade if you already have it, which we do. I am tempted but with 4 years to go, that is £70 a month, I simply don’t do enough long journeys to justify it, as that is where you seem to get the real benefit. See if my heart wins over my head.

I don't think that you need to worry about that (although Tesla can always surprise). If I look at my UPGRADES Purchased tab, it shows Autopilot as purchased. In the unlikely event that Tesla wanted to separate it out from the base package soon, I would have expected them to have done it in this recent change. In my view, it is too much of an attraction in the base package to split out. Tesla is not BMW!

Reactions: PrGrPa and pow216
I've got a leaked copy of the upgrades that will be available with Tesla Software Version 11 and there's some exciting new UK-special features.
;)

View attachment 589897

No mention of the Polynesian Elevator music or Snake Jazz as pedestrian warning sound. :p
I guess that will be free although not on my car as it doesn't have the speaker and Tesla Service tell me they have no plan to retrofit yet but as my car is a 2020 one I expected it to be fitted.:(

After having done a road trip auto lane change would be nice....... Also interested to see if Summon is the full fat version.

Its not really "EAP" is it? you dont get "NOA" with "EAP", right?...

Interestingly you can't buy the car with EAP. I like that it's building up towards FSD, which might be viable features in 1-2 years in UK, but not right now. This option packs the usefull stuff in.

Looking at the upgrade options on my app I’m unclear what I would get right now if I opt for FSD that I don’t get with EAP for half the price. Although I infer that FSD users already have the ‘coming soon’ response to traffic lights and stop signs. I agree that the mention of TACC under FSD is strange. Even very basic cars include cruise control and speed limiters as standard these days. Tesla have to offer something better than that in the basic package.

Looking at the upgrade options on my app I’m unclear what I would get right now if I opt for FSD that I don’t get with EAP for half the price. Although I infer that FSD users already have the ‘coming soon’ response to traffic lights and stop signs. I agree that the mention of TACC under FSD is strange. Even very basic cars include cruise control and speed limiters as standard these days. Tesla have to offer something better than that in the basic package.
Traffic light stop and go exists now in FSD, albeit in beta form like everything else. Not sure whether green light chimes is FSD-only.

NoA & Auto lane changes are the thing people are most likely to miss from FSD, and now you can get it for much cheaper. Summon is very limited and Autopark is too, although to its credit it did a perfect parallel park for me the other day. It apparently will only make itself available to park between two cars in a regular carpark though, it’s not going to park itself between two lines.

Special offer on “old software” until “new software” starts people getting excited at a higher price .... ?

Oldest sales trick in the book maybe.

Just like any other car that has had radar-cruise, I have only used TACC so far in situations where there is less risk and where I can dial down concentration level a bit. Haven’t used autosteer yet and unlikely to bother as I have arms and eyes !

Reactions: Avendit