Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon, where are you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably because it does suck (as evidenced by all the videos!) but, being the eternal optimist that he is, he still believe that it will not suck.

How do we define "suck" though? I feel like that is a bit subjective. Will Enhanced Summon "suck" if the car moves at 5 mph about 100 ft from a parking space to the curb in front of the store? I would say "no, it does not suck" but I am sure some of you will say "yes, it does suck". I feel like we all have our own expectations and ideas for what we think or want Enhanced Summon to be.

What's amazes me is that Telsa still misleads potential FSD buyer's with statements that more is available now, than "Really" is...

Tesla BS.JPG

How do we define "suck" though? I feel like that is a bit subjective. Will Enhanced Summon "suck" if the car moves at 5 mph about 100 ft from a parking space to the curb in front of the store? I would say "no, it does not suck" but I am sure some of you will say "yes, it does suck". I feel like we all have our own expectations and ideas for what we think or want Enhanced Summon to be.
It works much worse compared to avg human ? But it is subjective - because "much worse" is a subjective term.

Elon's expectation is level 5 autonomy by the end of next year.
I will say it does not suck when it works well enough for Tesla to take responsibility if it crashes into something.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Elon's expectation is level 5 autonomy by the end of next year.
I will say it does not suck when it works well enough for Tesla to take responsibility if it crashes into something.

But even Elon says L5 won't happen until the end of next year. Therefore, the initial release of Enhanced Summon this year won't be L5. So basically, you've already decided that the initial release of enhanced summon, no matter how good it is, will automatically suck, since it is not L5 yet.

"Marketing" at Tesla is pretty good. Names/branding like "Autopilot," "Ludicrous+," "Full Self Driving" (aka, "FSD") , are very misleading. Does anyone know if you can "unbuy" the FSD option - meaning getting Tesla to remove, it via update, and then refunding the $6000 paid? And if so, what is the process?

Reactions: am_dmd

As a Supreme Court justice once said: I’ll know “suck” when I see it!

If it’s a good enough standard for him, it’s good enough for me.

But even Elon says L5 won't happen until the end of next year. Therefore, the initial release of Enhanced Summon this year won't be L5. So basically, you've already decided that the initial release of enhanced summon, no matter how good it is, will automatically suck, since it is not L5 yet.
I’d be happy with L3. After all if it gets in trouble in a parking lot it can just stop and wait for you to get in and drive. I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect people to monitor the system from 150 feet away in parking lot with cars obstructing your view.