Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon, where are you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine did have that. From what I read, that is where you can just use your turn signal to exit off of the highway (at least that's all it is right now). Mine did that.

No. Navigate on AP is a different feature that is brand new to AP2. Navigate on AP is where you input an address in your NAV and on highways, the car will turn the blinker on and automatically change lanes without any stalk input to pass slow traffic, move out of the passing lane or stay on your route (you still need to tug the wheel to satisfy the AP nag). The car will also automatically turn the blinker on and take exits without any driver input. AP1 did not have this.

No. Navigate on AP is a different feature that is brand new to AP2. Navigate on AP is where you input an address in your NAV and on highways, the car will turn the blinker on and automatically change lanes without any stalk input to pass slow traffic, move out of the passing lane or stay on your route (you still need to tug the wheel to satisfy the AP nag). The car will also automatically turn the blinker on and take exits without any driver input. AP1 did not have this.

ohhhh. now that's better. ok you made me feel good; thanks!

Reactions: diplomat33
I totally agree it was a mistake to put the feature on the website before it was released. Whoever was in charge of the website screwed up. You are not the first person to complain about the wording on the website. it is misleading and that is not cool. So yes, you are right to complain about the website. But be happy about the feature that you are getting. You are still getting the feature and that's what really matters. Is it really a big deal if you get the feature a month late? Not really.

Yeah, it’s the guy that updates the website that is the real unreliable person here. :rolleyes:

No, it was not a year ago. It's only been about 3 months. The website updated in Feb/March of this year with the feature promise and about the same time, Elon tweeted that "smart summon (AKA enhanced summon) was "coming soon". The feature has been in testing for the past 3 months. Elon recently tweeted that the feature would be released late August as part of the upcoming V10 release, pending early access approval. Yes, it might be delayed again. There is no absolute guarantee that it will come out in August. But regardless, you will get the feature at some point. It's just been delayed, not cancelled. You will still get the feature you paid for. You previously owned a Model S so you know how Tesla's over the air software updates work. Tesla will release these features over the air. Just wait.

Are you sure about that?

Jason Hughes on Twitter

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: Matias and outdoors
Whoever was in charge of the website screwed up. You are not the first person to complain about the wording on the website.
Marketing. Usually they decide on the content - and ofcourse web developers just ensure whatever content the marketers want gets displayed properly. It is likely the marketing guy can go and change the content (wording) without the developers getting involved.

Reactions: diplomat33
Marketing. Usually they decide on the content - and ofcourse web developers just ensure whatever content the marketers want gets displayed properly. It is likely the marketing guy can go and change the content (wording) without the developers getting involved.

Seriously? You don’t think that this was approved (if not ordered) by the CEO?

This is simply a 2019 example of snake oil. It’s textbook. I can’t believe people fall for it, given the recent history. It’s ALL about getting $6000 from you. Don’t forget it will be MORE EXPENSIVE soon. Buy it NOW!!!!!

And, no I’m not pessimistic, I’m just not naive.

Right. I am not excusing the misleading wording on the website but I suspect that since Elon was tweeting that enhanced summon was imminent, that the marketing people thought it would be good to promote it. And when enhanced summon got delayed, marketing did not change the website.

Seriously? You don’t think that this was approved (if not ordered) by the CEO?
Definitely not. Even in small (I mean 100 people) companies CEOs don't probably know what's on the website.

This is simply a 2019 example of snake oil. It’s textbook. I can’t believe people fall for it, given the recent history. It’s ALL about getting $6000 from you. Don’t forget it will be MORE EXPENSIVE soon. Buy it NOW!!!!!

And, no I’m not pessimistic, I’m just not naive.
You are just peddling a conspiracy theory.

For one thing, if the idea is to sell "snake oil" there are a million other businesses Musk could have tried. Second why are all other items correct, except this ?

Definitely not. Even in small (I mean 100 people) companies CEOs don't probably know what's on the website.

You are just peddling a conspiracy theory.

For one thing, if the idea is to sell "snake oil" there are a million other businesses Musk could have tried. Second why are all other items correct, except this ?

I’d agree with you if it were a typical situation but the FSD situation is so brazen that I’m pretty sure it’s Mr. Musks strategy to appeal to a certain type of people and that what he really wants today is easy money.

I formed this opinion based on Tesla’s autonomy history, the current true performance of the autonomy features, Mr. Musks public persona (and his tweets), the reports of upheaval in the autonomy team (high level employees quit because of unreasonable promises), the autonomy day BS (esp. Musks Q&A performance) and the robotaxi comments (including the appreciating assets line).

I’d agree with you if it were a typical situation but the FSD situation is so brazen that I’m pretty sure it’s Mr. Musks strategy to appeal to a certain type of people and that what he really wants today is easy money.

I formed this opinion based on Tesla’s autonomy history, the current true performance of the autonomy features, Mr. Musks public persona (and his tweets), the reports of upheaval in the autonomy team (high level employees quit because of unreasonable promises), the autonomy day BS (esp. Musks Q&A performance) and the robotaxi comments (including the appreciating assets line).

What's funny is what Tesla promised versus what actually happened.

What Tesla promised? That the vehicle being sold was capable of FSD despite no one really knowing what it will take to actually have a FSD vehicle.

What actually happened? The people that bought AP/FSD basically funded HW3. Where HW3 is the only ADAS system in the industry that is fully owned/controlled by an automotive manufacturer.

I have zero doubt that it's going to be the most capable ADAS system on the market within 1-2 years. That doesn't mean it's going to be perfect nor does that mean it's going to be actual self-driving as in the car taking legal responsibility while it's doing the driving.

Not quite what we paid for, but somehow enough that I think the majority is going to be okay with it.

The con is in how it was represented. But, it wasn't a con for lack of effort. He didn't just take peoples money, and run.

He gave people apple pie instead of chocolate pie.

That's not quite what I had in mind, but okay.

As to enhanced summons it was unique in that unlike NoA the release was delayed to get it working better. In fact it went through 2 or 3 iterations of updates, and only now does it feel like we actually have a solid release date. Only time will tell if it gets released on time (general release at the start of September), and to see how good it turns out to be.

I have a feeling like it will still suck. I'm not fully convinced Tesla can do anything awesome in a parking lot without down facing cameras to see curbs, small kids, etc.

It's probably being released now to be the last checkmark item for EAP, and to clear the road for HW3.

I can't speak to anyone else, but I'm hopeful for HW3. I feel like the entire automation efforts at Tesla are dependent on HW3, and above. Simply assuming it will the same as HW2/HW2.5 I don't believe is correct because HW3 is an entirely different animal. It's Tesla completely custom solution. It's freeing them completely from the constraints of relying on Nvidia tools.

If Tesla doesn't make any headway towards reasonably decent automated driving with FSD/HW3 then I'm bailing ship. The Rivian looks like it's going to be my next adventure.

Last edited: