Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated April-Early May delivery is now blank.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So interesting. Just got off the phone with my DS who verified I'm still in the "end of line" stage of production and the next step likely in a couple of days will be logistics team planning the transit to Atlanta.
I reserved in May of 2015 and confirmed on Jan 12th of 2016 with a slightly higher vin than you (49xx). My DS told me that it will likely be here in Mid May and available for delivery by the 3 to last week of May.
I even asked him about how others with similar vins are hearing of production slowing down and additional delays from their DS, but he assured me I was not impacted by it. Perhaps their batching, wether it's by paint color, configuration or what not puts some ahead of others and hence why you might be slowed in your production que.
Time will tell...probably more time than I hope.

same confirmation date for me... in michigan, picking up from Cleveland and a similar response. vin 48**

"I currently anticipate delivery around late-May, and will be able to confirm a delivery day once your X is on-site and certified as ready for delivery by our service team"

I reached out to my DS to ask for specifics as my April - Early May estimate vanished. The very good news is that my car has finished production and will be shipped imminently and should arrive in MA at the end of next week or early the following week.

When I asked about the missing info on the web site this is what he said -

"Yes, we had taken down the estimates for delivery from the MyTesla account as they were no longer accurate, and this lets customers get in touch directly with the delivery team, as you are doing."

With all the concern about delays - in this instance they are meeting their targeted time frame which I imagine bodes well for future delivery schedules/estimates that are published. Also a good sign if they are encouraging more direct engagement with the DS.

Reactions: umeshunni
Before when I used to go look at my model x order details in my tesla, it would always nag me about putting in insurance information that they needed to register the car. I always clicked "not now" since i'm not adding insurance until I have a more firm delivery date.

But since they took away the delivery estimates I've noticed I'm not getting nagged about insurance anymore. Anybody else notice this?

I reached out to my DS to ask for specifics as my April - Early May estimate vanished. The very good news is that my car has finished production and will be shipped imminently and should arrive in MA at the end of next week or early the following week.

When I asked about the missing info on the web site this is what he said -

"Yes, we had taken down the estimates for delivery from the MyTesla account as they were no longer accurate, and this lets customers get in touch directly with the delivery team, as you are doing."

With all the concern about delays - in this instance they are meeting their targeted time frame which I imagine bodes well for future delivery schedules/estimates that are published. Also a good sign if they are encouraging more direct engagement with the DS.
What's your vin and when did you confirm your order?

@Pjjava34

It's in my signature - but I know that is not visible on all platforms. It is VIN 47XX, ordered 1/4, confirmed 1/11. Non Premium 90D.

My current theory is that this car was in production when the seat issue hit - but seats had not been installed. I did receive communication when the seat issue happened that my car was being built with the proper seats and was not subject to the recall. Probably very fortunate timing - threaded the eye of the needle perhaps.

• Informative
Reactions: EV Family
@Pjjava34

It's in my signature - but I know that is not visible on all platforms. It is VIN 47XX, ordered 1/4, confirmed 1/11. Non Premium 90D.

My current theory is that this car was in production when the seat issue hit - but seats had not been installed. I did receive communication when the seat issue happened that my car was being built with the proper seats and was not subject to the recall. Probably very fortunate timing - threaded the eye of the needle perhaps.
Indeed...I'm almost always using my mobile so your sig is not visible. But our vins, configurations and confirmed dates are all very similar.
Hoping I make it on a truck too late this week or early next week as we have a road trip slated for late May and our Leaf will not able to accomplish it.

Reactions: paintpolisher
@Pjjava34

You should reach out to your DS as there might be some good news for you. Mine didn't call me as I think he was waiting for confirmation of a specific shipping date. The few times I did reach out over the past few months, he was very conservative and realistic so wasn't likely to call until he was able to confirm a date.

• Informative
Reactions: EV Family
Indeed...I'm almost always using my mobile so your sig is not visible. But our vins, configurations and confirmed dates are all very similar.
Hoping I make it on a truck too late this week or early next week as we have a road trip slated for late May and our Leaf will not able to accomplish it.

Hoping we are on the truck with you. Our trip is in June, could take the S, but I'm not putting 3000 additional miles on her before we trade. Another rumor going around is that MXs will now be shipped to the east coast by rail and that will take 3-4 weeks. :(

My 90D premium 38xx X was a late April- May delivery. Got a call from my DS a couple weeks ago. Saw the caller ID and got very excited only to find out that delivery is now scheduled for early June to Miami. Darn. He said the 3rd row issue was the delay. Checked status today and the Late April - May has gone blank. Says in production queue. Oh well. I think I will be listening to Carly Simon for awhile. "Anticipation"
When you are powerless, enjoy the music.

Hoping we are on the truck with you. Our trip is in June, could take the S, but I'm not putting 3000 additional miles on her before we trade. Another rumor going around is that MXs will now be shipped to the east coast by rail and that will take 3-4 weeks. :(
Zac still reassured me yesterday that our car would likely arrive in ATL by mid May with a delivery in late May. Was still showing "end of line" on his computer.
Don't know what to think of it at this, but that rail comment is scaring me.

Reactions: paintpolisher
VIN 30XX Confirmed on 12/10/15 P90DL with every option but the winter weather.

I was told on April 11th the the car had gone into production. Yesterday I sent the DS an email asking for an update and was told the car is still in production and the email was almost word for word the same as the one when it entered production. Three weeks in production? Something's gone wrong. My purchase agreement, dated 4/11, shows a delivery date on or about 4/25.

Everything about our S and X are nearly identical. Reserved both approximately 2 years prior to production. The order sequence for both was was nearly identical at a little over 5K. VIN numbers are within 50 for both, but that's where the similarities end. Confirmed the S in mid November of 2012 and it was delivered (to our house) January 3, 2013. Confirmed the X almost 5 months ago! I guess it's the lack of transparency that's most frustrating.

I've had virtually the same experience (VIN 29XX, delivery scheduled for Dania Beach). But based on the earnings call, I wouldn't complain about a May production date, as EM reported the first error-free production models were made in late April. I just don't want to find his sleeping bag in my frunk!